Gang war point market
2008.May.27, 01:30 PM
Gang war point market
It was briefly mentioned a week or so ago, i think by Loki.

Wouldn't it be a great market though!
2008.May.27, 01:32 PM

It's just another way to make donators much stronger though. Don't get me wrong, I'm a donator, and I'd love to take advantage of it. But all I'd have to do is donate $20 and bam, I get an upgraded gang. No work to put into it. The thing I like about gangs at least is the people have to fight to make them what they are (even if it was done by another gang previously).
2008.May.27, 01:39 PM

ice, I see it as a way for non donators to make some cash. It's not like the points would be sold by Zen -- they'd be sold by people who did the warring and gathered them up.

A gang that prefers to crime and OC can buy some spare points off of a war machine like Valhalla. Valhalla can then use $ earned from point sales to add more members.

I really don't see the harm in adding this feature.
2008.May.27, 01:53 PM

i see both advantages and disadvantages to this. I think it will be ok to earn money from gang points or to sell some you dont need! but i like to see the gang points remaining hard work to get and to take time to achieve thats what a gang should be about a hell of a lot of activity and determination to win wars using plenty of aps. However if it was used would there be a market just like the credit market. another downfall maybe someone buying points off a big gang then the gang pocketing the money then declaring on them and taking their own points back! Dont want to bore everyone but then you have the issue of small gang V large gangs again and thats just boring now
2008.May.27, 01:57 PM

i think its a good idea
it can bring u to the top or get u more money
2008.May.27, 02:30 PM

i like the idea
2008.May.27, 02:35 PM

Price would be outrageous.

But the idea is good.

I don't think it would work tough.

And small gang farming would hit a new high.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.May.27, 02:46 PM

Not if zen also made a gang war points bank.80% of the war points could be stored in it.
2008.May.27, 02:50 PM

there would definetly need some sort or gang point bank i agree dont get me wrong i think it is a good idea but maybe there is more to it than meets the eye how easy would it be to code up etc?
2008.May.27, 02:55 PM

You never know, the gangs that can afford to buy them wouldn't have to war as much. That might balance out the increased warring by those just trying to make a buck. Would be interesting to see what people would pay for GP. If people donated to get money to buy GP, then that money could go to non-donators that now have a new way to generate revenue.