Gang war point market
2008.May.27, 07:43 PM

or vice versa
2008.May.27, 07:53 PM

Would be funny if a gang were to try that and put a bunch on the market for cheap just to get them jacked by someone else. lol
2008.May.27, 07:59 PM

Quote:Main one is for a Supergang to have a "sub-gang" that all they do is send the larger gang their points.

That is interesting. Good point.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.May.27, 08:03 PM

Casius Wrote:Would be funny if a gang were to try that and put a bunch on the market for cheap just to get them jacked by someone else. lol

This is why you don't put them on for cheap, you actually put them on for more money then send the money back. Once again, there are numerous "loop holes" involved

Yes this would be a good concept if no one would "beat the system" but.................

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2008.May.27, 08:05 PM

Eaglefreak Wrote:I see way to many "loop holes" in this. Main one is for a Supergang to have a "sub-gang" that all they do is send the larger gang their points.

Whats the issue there? It will add a new dynamic to the game. If the"sub-gang" is being compensated well enough to volunteer their gang points to the higher ups, let em do it.

If there was no gang for me to further along I would war as a living in this game. A considerable amount of money, housing / weapon / armor upgrades or credits would all motivate me to clean out some hideouts.

For the "Super-Gang's" receiving the points, why not explore all avenues to further the success of the gang. If the mechanics allow it, it not only will, but, should be done.
2008.May.27, 08:16 PM

I don't see how a sub gang could get conned into doing that for a supergang. I mean, I wouldn't send my GP to a gang I may never be a part of. Member slots don't grow on trees or else these supposed supergangs would be 30+ members deep.
2008.May.28, 01:40 AM

yea, i really dont see that as too much of a concern personally....
2008.May.28, 02:26 AM

i volunteer nothing,i would never give the "bigger[never super]" gangs ergt.except when im giving them urgt.

synth v.03.112371

2008.May.28, 01:58 PM

there are alot of factors with this concept.the idea is a great one.but lets say i had a 7 slot gang and i spent 300k on so many points to do an upgrade.it showed that i just purchased those points so now i am open for attacks ,so the bigger gangs can farm me for what i just bought.i have lost it all the money and the points.wouldnt be fair. so now lets make it a secret to who bought the points.say out of all the active gangs there are 50 so randomly give each gang a number when they buy or sell points.no one would know who sold and who bought. it could work this way. ok my gang would be number 12 yours would be 18 i bought 18's gang points for 300k. each time you bought or sold points your number would change.it would have to be random for this to work other wise who would buy points knowing they would just get farmed for them
2008.May.28, 03:25 PM

It's a good idea, but like the Chief insinuated... it needs to be thought out before being considered.

Gang points are intended for groups of players who actually war, not individual players who want to be an army of one. Having the benefits of gang points without having the risks of being in war will change things. I'm not sure if it will be a benefit or a detriment yet without more discussion though.

As for benefiting donators vs non-donators, it seems to be a wash to me. Non-donators will have more money at their disposal at the cost of cannibalizing their own long-term gang growth. Donators will be able to grow gangs very quickly. In the long-run, large gangs will benefit the most as they will prove to have the most purchasing power (whether donated or not). This will only quicken the separation between the large gangs and the small ones.

I know several small gangs with less than the amount needed to actually war will be looking forward to this for many reasons, namely the gang combat bonus (GCB). There are several other temp bonuses as well, but the one most people want is the obvious GCB. Fortunately, in order for the GCB to actually work a gang needs to be able to war.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin