Gang Points Usage
2008.Jan.26, 07:12 PM
Gang Points Usage
I am sure people have some pretty awesome ideas on how to use gang points in new ways. I want to hear them.

Some ideas I've been sent that I like are...

--

Gang Strike - For the cost of 20 gp + 1/2 opponent's level, you can attempt to send them to the hospital. Requires a minimum of 2 online gang members, but the more online players the better your chances of success. The player who is being attacked will fight back however, so this isn't a no risk investment.

Possible results...
Opponent is hospitalized.
Some / All attackers are sent to the hospital.
Jail time if the cops catch the attackers.

--

Drug Lab - By spending some gang points, a gang can create a drug lab. GP costs will vary depending on the type of drug. In the crime page, players will have various crimes specific for their gang. The time the drug lab lasts depends on how successful the crimes the players commit are.

Possible design would give a gang 3 gang crimes for members to perform; obtain materials, create drugs, distribute drugs.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jan.26, 07:26 PM

Gang Hits:

Just like Gang Crimes, we could set up a gang hit. To where several gang members get to attack 1 person or do a drive by of a gang hide out. Results could be extended hospital stay for the person being hit. Or it backfires and the gang members that were envolved get put in the hospital or even jail.
Can even be the same code as the gang crime, but we get to pick a player or gang.

Specialty Weapons Thefts:

Set a complex assualt on a weapon manufacturing plant to take a haul of weapons out for the gang. Could only be used by gang members and can't be sold. (this could be something that costs lets say 10k gang points to do)

Just some thoughts Zen

added that
2008.Jan.26, 07:32 PM

Love the two ideas Zen posted. 2nd idea sounds best, I'm assuming you pull the crime off and money made is sent to the gang vault like OC's right?
2008.Jan.26, 07:35 PM

badmanbren Wrote:Love the two ideas Zen posted. 2nd idea sounds best, I'm assuming you pull the crime off and money made is sent to the gang vault like OC's right?

I was thinking you steal the materials you need and store them in your gang's storage (yes storage). Then you use the materials to create drug units. Then you try to sell them.

So in order to do some of them you need to have the right stuff available. Can't really distribute drugs if you don't have any.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jan.26, 07:38 PM

I definitely like the sounds of a gang storage and the potential of larger gang crimes and the organization and planning aspect.
2008.Jan.26, 08:09 PM

I love the drug idea already. Brings a whole different side to the game. This could also bring in players using the drugs to strengthen them up for so many battles, or simply sold on to the local dealer. Sounds like a good use for gang points. Razz
2008.Jan.26, 08:29 PM

What about a gang gym.

It costs gang points to build then have so sort of upkeep to keep it running.

Grants a bonus to gang members who us it to train instaind of the AL gym, but cant us trainers and because there are no trainers on hand could have a small % that you hurt yourself and have to go to hos.

Lol very tired and its just jumped into my head im sure someone else can flesh it out.
2008.Jan.27, 12:53 AM

I dig the ones with gang strikes and stuff. atleast its a chance for a couple of low level players to takes on a high level one..

I like the way this game gets these cool additions. makes AL so much unique to other games out there! keep'em coming! :wink:
2008.Jan.27, 01:08 AM

i actually think mrhyde could be on to something there. i like the idea of a gang being able to take ownership in more than just the hideout... it'd be pretty rad to have be able to invest in a gym and maintain/upgrade it for training bonuses to members.
2008.Jan.27, 01:44 AM

I like Mr. Hyde's comment too

it also got me thinking, what if we could use gang points to buy gymboree days?

I was thinking maybe 30 gang crime points per person in the gang at the time, so if there is 10 people it would cost them 300 points to buy it.

this way the price is proportionate to the gang size rather than one set price, since it's harder for a 3 man gang to war constantly compared to a 15 man gang.