potential idea for gangs
2008.Jan.11, 12:52 PM

To be honest, although it was unpopular, I liked the old gang system much more. I was in gangs that deleted other gangs and I was in gangs that got deleted. It was a lot of fun and made for more cohesive gangs.

I liked it so much more than the current gang system. The way the gang war system is set up now, I can't see myself ever wanting to be in a gang that wars. It uses up way too many APs for which I have much better uses.
2008.Jan.11, 04:44 PM

i agree, thats why i suggested what i did Smile i feel that if actually being high ranked in gang wars is going to matter, then the leaders should receive benefits. not only that, it it should be scaled in a way that makes things more competitive, and should also include other types of gang competition, including crime activity and attacks

i believe that the old war codes could be included into this ranking system, should it be implemented - hit stronger people, get more points, hit fewer people, get fewer points - and then be ranked in gang attacks. this ranking would boost your overall ranking, and then allow you to compete w/ everyone else
2008.Jan.12, 09:57 PM

I like the weekly update idea greatly. Not overall. Overall leaves it so you constantly have to kiss peoples behinds and hope you are not kicked and looking for another gang. I think that would keep gangs together longer since you do not have to worry if you are going to be kicked if you are an average warring person and the other guy or girl who hardly ever uses APs for war staying in the gang if they are more liked than yourself.
2008.Jan.13, 01:47 AM

this is not a popularity contest. its a contest to see who is the most competitive and to reward the best. there are like 5,000 gangs right now... why? why the hell do we have that many? we should have like 100 at the max. theres no point to any more than that, since we can upgrade our gangs to have more and more members. you should have to earn your way into a gang, not just buy your own and then everyone gets to join the party. i think its kinda silly!!

anyway, i just think that these sorts of bonuses need to be earned in all aspects, not just warring or just criming or w/e. the best all around gang gets the best bonuses IMO
2008.Jan.13, 01:24 PM

But like you said on page two have it scaled weekly for benefits. Sure, you can always have overall bragging rights but for benefits have it for a certain time. If daily, have it so the day before determines the next day. If you warred the day before and had more points than the other gangs you get the bonuses that next day. Otherwise it would be popularity contest for members. I.E. What if I joined SVs, warred with you all, used many many APs for these wars, did my fair share, yet somebody who was there longer and/or more liked since I am new to the gang did not use their APs for the wars. Somebody else wanted to join SVs but there were no openings. Who would be kicked for the new applicant wanting to join? THe new person (myself) or somebody who was in gang longer and maybe more liked? Myself I bet. If it was a daily or weekly requirement for the bonuses, a new variable is there now. Will you kick me since I am new even though I contributed highly to the gang wars or will you kick a different person who may have been there longer yet not contribute to wars and/or is inactive constantly?
2008.Jan.13, 04:54 PM

heres what i said about that:

you have to be in the gang for a FULL ranking period, start to finish, before you can receive ANY benefits from being a top ranking gang.

this means that if you join after the ranking period starts, you will not receive any of the bonus for your gang until you are there for an entire ranking period. thats the end of story, because even if you do well, you dont deserve the benefits since you werent there from the beginning.

there could be amendments, like grace periods, but as far as i see it, the best way to do it is just either every 24 hours or every week as ranking periods. if this idea were to be implemented, it could honestly be in real time, but that would REQUIRE the diminishing points, so that the numbers are constantly decreasing, but that would allow for a different kind of competition, and a hell of a lot more coding.

in any case, i really don't see how this could be a popularity contest. if its a week or a day, if a gang were to boot a certain member that they didnt like as much (but who did more fighting and warring than other members), they would LOSE their ranking slot. the point of that? well, who cares, because that gang will lose the bonus. gangs will start liking the people who participate more, and it will become a popularity contest between who is the most active and loyal member, not who is the nicest and coolest. if you want to play favoritism, be my guest - it will not get you a higher rank.

seriously though - a new member's contributions will go toward your gang ranking, they will just not receive the bonuses from being a top gang until they have been a member through a full ranking period. at least, that is what i believe should happen
2008.Jan.13, 05:33 PM

//
2008.Jan.13, 06:47 PM

lol, gee thanks for using my thread to advertise your other stuff Smile definitely a good proposal though

any more thoughts on my ranking system idea?