AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: potential idea for gangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
now please, these are just thoughts and ideas

right now, i think it's safe to say that there are far too many gangs. on top of that, gang wars aren't very significant to the core gameplay of AL, providing minimal combat bonuses and ... well thats all they do Smile

lets see if this works for anyone else:

make gang points - instead of used to buy ugprades (although maybe you could... shrug....) make them rank based

then, have gang points slowly deteriorate overtime, maybe like total gang points X 90% is what you have the next day. the rankings could be distributed/altered daily or in real time, but this idea would only work if you lose points on a daily basis and no sooner - although it could be a slower process, obviously

then, the rankings would give minor bonuses to the top gangs

#1 gang - 5% gym gain bonus
#2 gang - 5% bonus to damage
#3 gang - 5% increase in hitpoints

something of that nature. or, of course, you could just scale them so that all the rankings give the same bonus but in different magnitudes

ive seen rankings like this on other games - NOT quite the same, but the same GENERAL idea - and they are very fun, very competitive, and everyone benefits. there could also be different rankings besides gang points - such as everything in the gang section of the pantheon, like points, loyalty, crimes, OC, etc.

all these points could be added up - including deterioriation (depreciation..????!!) - to create the scores. gangs would not remain at the top forever because the scores do not keep stacking up on top of each other. new gangs would have a chance to catch up, etc.

also: another way to look at this, just for people who have potential arguments

lets just say a gang is the top ranking in a certain area - like gang points. those points, as i suggested before, deteriorate. but since they are #1 in gang points, they receive RANKING points. each team that is #1 in any certain aspect (wars, crimes, OCs, loyalty, combat) receives the same ranking point for being #1 in any other section. 20 points for being #1, 1 point for being #20, nothing for anyone lower.

then maybe the top 10 gangs get some sort of minor bonus!

on a more extreme possibility: any gang that does not rank in the top 50 in any aspect will have 2 weeks to improve or face deletion. something of that nature... top 100? i mean cmon.. you can do SOMETHING good, or your gang isnt worth being in. and an obvious grace period for new gangs. but thats just a side note!

ok... any ideas or thoughts?

Weebay

I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. The fact that you can't just keep stacking onto 1st place seems to make good sense. More motivation to war, and even more reason to be more active each day. I love warring!
yeah, there are many ways to apply this idea - i think - and if it is possible to do on this system (im not sure why it wouldnt be), then i think it would be a really great addition to AL and the gang system

Kitsumi

One interesting spin to this idea could be to use a seasonal tournament system with it. Roll the season every 60 days, and rank for a few different categories. The bonus given would last for the next 60 day season, and you could effectively rotate bonuses for different seasons.

Example categories to rank on:

Most Wars Won:
Rank #1.... Increase Damage, gang members now have "War Master" title on their name
Rank #2.... Increase Member HP, gang members now have "War Chief" title on their name

Most Wars Lost:
Rank #1.... Increase hideout HP by 10%, some title added to gang member
Rank #2.... Increase hideout repair rate by 2%

Most active members:
Rank #1.... Increase member refresh rates, title "Insomniac" added to names
Rank #2....

So you see, you could effectively use a system like this not only for gang wars, but to promote or demote any activity in the game accordingly.

badmanbren

I think a very active and large gang could. after some hard work, catch up with the top gang at the minute (Super Villains). It'd be a lengthy process, yes... but when two gangs get neck to neck at the top on gang points, I know, the situation is VERY exciting. And VERY dissapointing in some circumstances. lol Just my 2 cents.

Loki

If everyone who wants to challenge SV for the top spot in dumb arse gang wars bands together and makes another supergang, things would be interesting.

Well, as interesting as they can be in this war system.

The problem is, everyone wants their own gig. Too much ego, not enough teamwork. SV has all of you other pillowfighters whooped at the moment and there is NO CHANCE of that changing until you change your attitudes.

Off topic, but just sayin.
i'm not trying to make things fair to "compete with SV," considering i am in SV right now. my point is that right now having a high status as far as war goes doesnt do much for the game, and i'm hoping that some sort of an implementation like this would go a long way

i was thinking about if this idea were difficult to code, though, and i also thought of this:
a new pantheon listing dedicated to the ranking system. this way all the old numbers could stay the same, everyone could see overall points earned etc, but the new listing on the pantheon would be WEEKLY competitions in the SAME aspects, and those weekly competitions could determine rankings

by weekly competitions, i mean 12AM monday or sunday or whatever starts a new week and every gang starts at 0. that would be pretty simple. i would prefer the slightly deteriorating point style, as that would allow for the more competitive gangs to keep their winnings (but would have to keep it up further), but that might make things simpler

i also think this might make things a little more fair - if gangs are ranked based on just war points, you have the large gangs with so many people dominating the war points and gee, i wonder who will do well with that. if you have an overall ranking style, the ranks are not just according to war, but to activity, and some gangs would incorporate certain strategies with activity and such. something like that!

Scorpious

To fix the gang points entries only have it so you actually have to have those GPs here and now. If you have 40K gang points and you used 35K for upgrades then you have 5K left. Make it that way and I bet the rankings will change continuously.

jiggaj

mtngti Wrote:If everyone who wants to challenge SV for the top spot in dumb arse gang wars bands together and makes another supergang, things would be interesting.

Well, as interesting as they can be in this war system.

The problem is, everyone wants their own gig. Too much ego, not enough teamwork. SV has all of you other pillowfighters whooped at the moment and there is NO CHANCE of that changing until you change your attitudes.

Off topic, but just sayin.

all the more reason to surrender to the phlow, you are the brahphet.
scorpious, thats an interesting idea, but i dont think it would work out that way. what youre saying is like... its not how much you earn, but its how much you have right now that determines the ranking. thats basically mercantilism, and youll find that mercantilism never wins Smile that would be a very poor way to judge a ranking system IMO, but shrug, never know
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's