Why should you train?
2008.Jan.30, 04:56 PM
Why should you train?
1) For better stats.

2) To be able to equip stronger weapons & armor.

3) To be able to utterly bury your opposition in the hospital.

4) Because you are really fragging bored.

Well, in all honesty, these ideals seem somewhat antiquated. With newer game ideas popping up, and a seemingly emanant change in direction from PvP combat, the need for monster stats seems less and less important.

I'm gonna take a minute and try to review the above mentioned reasons for training, and point out why I dont think they really pose as much importance as they did in the past.

Everyone wants better stats. Everyone. But why? Do they really help you in your everyday gameplay? Do they help you mangle those 10 - 12 inactives on your enemies list that much more? Do they give any rank in the game outside of a pantheon spot? After a little thought I just dont think so.

With the game leaning towrads that of gang wars, stats are slowly but surely going by the wayside. While I know that better stats bring better weapons, which should in turn bring better attacks on hideouts, I just dont see the need anymore. For instance, the electric axe is euippable at a very low level, and with the minimum stat requirements it will produce hits 1 short of the max capability of the Ionized axe, it's "stronger", more expensive counterpart.

I also know that there are weapons that will do more than the Ionized axe, but does a 55 from an Ares Talon really justisy its MAJOR stat training?

Unless a legitimate, reasonable PvP aspect is added to the current warring system, I just can't see the reason to bump up my endurance to an ungodly number, beligerently train and donate to equip and afford the newest, seemingly pointless weapons.

Rant over.

Sorry for all who actually read it.
2008.Jan.30, 04:59 PM

I feel ya bro
2008.Jan.30, 05:05 PM

haha like in every other competitive game, ive always tried to become the strongest(not actually succeeding tho) i train for that reason, and i always want to get the best gear possible XD. its kind of like a habit i cant break really XP
2008.Jan.30, 05:07 PM

Wow. I centered my life around training my phenomenal stats... Now I have nothing. Sad
2008.Jan.30, 05:24 PM

ya, i just level up to make my self feel better, but i know wat u mean, its pointless unless the old way is restored, or a new way is put into effect
2008.Jan.30, 05:29 PM

Kenard , you should know that I am just as meticulous abut my stats as you are, and by no means am I trying to discourage people from training, that is the farthest thing from my intent.

I am merely vocalizing my fear that the growth from time/money/diligence will be trivialized in the workings of the new war system.

I mean, where is the tangible growth incentive? Why am I working so hard to be able to beat people when there is no facet of the game that this action is actually tied to?
2008.Jan.30, 05:30 PM

We dont need old what we need is more things to do.More activities , more well just MORE.I mean seriously you get to do 1 thing every 5 mins atm if your in a war 15 mins if you want to attack someone or commit a crime (worthwhile crime) and 40 minuites to train full energy with good happines. So apart from the 1 second it takes to do something every 5/40 mins what else is there to consider? Even the conversation is slow and at worst non existence.There is a whole bunch of idea's out there its just finding a solution.
2008.Jan.30, 06:00 PM

untz untz untz
2008.Jan.30, 06:05 PM

we train so we don't end up like WSP
2008.Jan.30, 06:15 PM

Honestly, I like how things have been going. It used to be if you were in the top 10 of levels you blew everyone away, then it turned to top 10 in stats. I like how the game has given us the option of team work. The number one player in leve/stats cannot control every sapect of the game. And, I feel that is good for us all. Being at the top isn't everything now.

Stats help crimes, and I think by now it is obvious we have not seen the end of change. There is more to come, we just need to be patient and well, try to guess what's coming out like in the past.

Keep training/attacking/criming and careering. Keep up those gang wars, gang points will play a more important role in the future, IMO.

The community is still growing, slowly yes, but I feel it is perfect for this type og game. We def have an incredible community.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.