Why should you train?
2008.Jan.30, 06:25 PM

i know something that would make training worthwhile.... having some kind of betting system with another player that if you can beat him in a fight he gets whatever you bet and vice versa... that'll give you a reason to start attacking more (thus keeping those stats levels so you can actually win) plus more ways to make money lol
2008.Jan.30, 06:53 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Honestly, I like how things have been going. It used to be if you were in the top 10 of levels you blew everyone away, then it turned to top 10 in stats. I like how the game has given us the option of team work. The number one player in leve/stats cannot control every sapect of the game. And, I feel that is good for us all. Being at the top isn't everything now.

If I was unclear in my original post I apologize, but, in no way did I mean to imply that being Number 1 should enable you to dictate gameplay. My intent here was to raise some thoughts on how we can implement online attacking into everyday gameplay.

An idea I have been kicking around is that of coalitions. A group of gangs, banded together to form a syndicate. There would be X amount of Syndicates in the game, and the ability to randomly start new gangs would be taken away.

There would be different goals, or tasks that the syndicates would need to succeed at in order to prosper.

ie:
Drug Manufacturing
Loan Sharking
The use of real estate to create profit.

These would enable the Syndicates more power, more money, and the option to expand within themselves. If a player shows promise, he would have the opportunity to start his own faction within the coalition.

With growth comes competition. As your syndicate grows and prospers there will be the envious fringe element, willing to do whatever it takes to keep you from expanding.

Now, if you are anything like me, watching someone else make all the money just doesn't sit too well, and I would be more than willing to keep your bling on the bed side table of the closest hospital bed.

Long story short, there needs to be more competition, and repercussions for not being as active as the next guy. At least something more severe than hurt feelings and two hours of hideout repair.
2008.Jan.30, 07:00 PM

Shouldnt it be that inactives lose thier strenghts as time goes by.I mean if your inactive for 60 days your body fat count will be more than it was when you were active and training.Same with your accuracy.If you play a sport and dont compete for a few months you lose the edge to compete as well as you did.The fact that they lose thier sharpness however shouldnt affect the exp points you gain from defeating them.
2008.Jan.30, 07:04 PM

Hiei008 Wrote:i know something that would make training worthwhile.... having some kind of betting system with another player that if you can beat him in a fight he gets whatever you bet and vice versa... that'll give you a reason to start attacking more (thus keeping those stats levels so you can actually win) plus more ways to make money lol

I already do that on occasion with a few people, 100 bucks a fight to the winner, no hospitalizations, just good ol' combat
2008.Jan.30, 07:05 PM

I am sorry, I felt I was answering your questions, and offering my own thoughts. Next time I will only answer your questions and offer absolutely no insight of my own, nor will I speculate any further.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Jan.30, 07:06 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:Shouldnt it be that inactives lose thier strenghts as time goes by.I mean if your inactive for 60 days your body fat count will be more than it was when you were active and training.Same with your accuracy.If you play a sport and dont compete for a few months you lose the edge to compete as well as you did.The fact that they lose thier sharpness however shouldnt affect the exp points you gain from defeating them.

I'm sure the higher levels who take breaks from the game would hate that Twisted
2008.Jan.30, 07:08 PM

I hate bein new, i don't know what to complain about!! Plus, I feel like I'm in a game with my pop.."back in my day, you could put people in the hospital"..is newer better? I don't know, but i bet a pioneer would take a dodge caravan over a wagon train
2008.Jan.30, 07:09 PM

True but it is a reflection of real life.Ali was the best heavyweight of all time but he carried on fighting after his sell by date and lost fights he would have won in his pomp.
2008.Jan.30, 07:10 PM

}EDIT{

Back on topic.
2008.Jan.30, 07:28 PM

Fractaleyes Wrote:}EDIT{

Back on topic.

Thank you. Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin