just my thoughts
2007.Dec.05, 04:18 AM

Couldn't agree more ^^

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Dec.05, 04:32 AM

And I agree that lately the community is a little misinformed about attacks. offline attacks are absolutely nothing personal, even if at 15 minutes. Online attacks are legal but normally reserved for sending a message or if you are just so close to leveling.

No one should ever complain about offline attacks, IMO. Players that complain about offline attacks normally find themselves getting hit online to be shown a difference.

UGH, back on track.

Stims being cheaper would ease the burden on non-donators, and probably ease complaints, but I am 100% positive there would still be complaints.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Dec.05, 05:02 AM

Thanks Ush, thats what i am trying to say. Attack me all the time when i am offline or attack me online if you have a problem with me.

I tried to post it so it did not look like a moan. People will look at it like that but what can i do?

Quote:it!I think some people just have to toughen up!

^^ its comments like the above that spoil a discussion. I like many others were in this game when there were only 100 players, we got attacked all the time. If we were not tough we would have stopped playing a long time ago.

The cheap stim idea is great as it would solve the problem instantly.
2007.Dec.05, 08:19 AM

cheap stims means hospitalizing is less / ineffective. I like things the way they are. I was tick hunted and beaten repeatedly while I was growing... (Somewhat off topic, but I remember coming online to 8 or so events from the OP, more than once. Wink )

Suck it up and stim out, people! Online attacks are not against the rules ... be happy that anyone allows 15 minutes.
2007.Dec.05, 10:18 AM

Im aganist lowering pices of Stim-pack. What is this game miss is that weaker playes should have abilty to hurt stronger one. This way all bulies would be quickly punished and all players would be more carefull who and when they attack
2007.Dec.05, 10:30 AM

Quote:Im aganist lowering pices of Stim-pack. What is this game miss is that weaker playes should have abilty to hurt stronger one. This way all bulies would be quickly punished and all players would be more carefull who and when they attack

I agree with that^
2007.Dec.05, 10:39 AM

Lowering the prices in stims may relieve some of what Berry is talking about but the only real deterrent to the constant attacks has recently been removed. People are getting attacked by players they stand no chance of defeating and being attacked repeatedly. Mind you im not complaining or whining about the attacks but for example abysmalpoptart recently went on an attacking spree attacking a member of my gang 31 times in a 3 day period.
Did the gang member whine about it no...but they did send poptart a lighthearted mail and they apparently had a decent conversation afterwards.
The level difference is approximately 7 levels and my gang member said they did approximately 300 damage per attack( not taking into account what poptart resisted). Is that a challenge to him? I say no. but he was encouraged by the exp system to continue the attacks as he got 300+ exp for winning. I dont see any reason for a player to gain an exuberant amount of exp for fighting fights they don't even have to worry about ever losing.

IMO a change in the exp awards system as well as a lowering in the price of stims may need to be looked at. and the change may not even need to be anything more than a declining scale for repeated attacks. I always looked at exp awards for fights as an indication of what you learned from that fight. If you are winning without even a minor threat what are you really learning?
2007.Dec.05, 10:47 AM

^^^ another very good point

I hate to say this again. I am not whining !! i just think its something ther is a solution to. There are some very good players (and staff) in this game and between us all i am sure we could come up with a solution.

Its really funny, since i posted my thought i went away for 3hrs and for the first time in months i was not attacked.

I dont mind attacks its part of the game and i do suck them up. I just find it annoying when i miss the 15min time by seconds i find myself in hospital.
2007.Dec.05, 11:09 AM

If I'm getting annoyed with coming online to be in the hospital, I tend to just go to a more expensive district. - Just a suggestion if it helps Berry.
2007.Dec.05, 06:07 PM

Saerin Wrote:I say no. but he was encouraged by the exp system to continue the attacks as he got 300+ exp for winning.
I don't even get that much exp from players, under, equal or above my level and I'm 10 levels above Pop.... You find me some1 who gives me 90+% of my max exp all the time and he will not leave the hospital while offline!!

As for the 15 minutes attacks, I don't mind them as it's part of the game but sometimes I just wonder if I'm being stalked as I can be hit at 15:01 mins 4 times in a [badly timed] hour.

As for the we got beaten too back then, get stims and use them and be happy players don't hit online, I agree. Even if sometimes I let a "grr" go after Pullo hit me for the 12th time in a day (doesn't happen everyday, thank god!!), I'm still happy he never does it while I'm enjoying AL.