Attn "Newbie Shield"
2008.Mar.23, 05:03 PM

And the reason for the blurring is? Its not a big deal ive told dozens of new players about the newbie shield.There is no secret about it.We just dont want every tom dick and harry posting in our forum.Its there for a purpose as it serves the weak and vulnerable new players.
2008.Mar.23, 05:06 PM

the blur was just to see if it worked. it didn't work but what was done was done.
2008.Mar.23, 05:16 PM

To clear things up.The newbie shield has been active for around 4 months.Around 20 players have access to it.They have volunteered their time and energy into making life a little bit easier for the new players.

A new player starts and gets mugged 1 min later so we offer support to that player.Stims if needed and advice.We also reprimand the attacker, explaining about spirit of the game etc and that attacking new players for money is not what this game is about.If diplomacy fails a hospital trip normally sorts things out.

Where we can we will place certain repeat offenders on a watch system where we monitor if they they continually bully the brand new players.If this game is to grow we need new blood and making sure the new sign ups hang around is what we try to do.Like i said its voluntary and takes alot of time for those involved.We have been very successful so far and will try to give the level 1-5 players the best support we can.
2008.Mar.23, 05:40 PM

I personally thought it was to keep higher level players from hospitalizing the brand new newbs just for the hell of it. Mugging is part of the game. The continuous online hospitalizations and bezerks I had seen was why i thought I might be interested in helping out players that start the game and the next second they begin play they are hospitalized for 2 hours. That was my understanding.

doh
2008.Mar.23, 05:48 PM

Punisher Wrote:I personally thought it was to keep higher level players from hospitalizing the brand new newbs just for the hell of it. Mugging is part of the game. The continuous online hospitalizations and bezerks I had seen was why i thought I might be interested in helping out players that start the game and the next second they begin play they are hospitalized for 2 hours. That was my understanding.

That is part of it too.Any form of online attack to a level 1-5 player is "normally" looked into.Alot of the time its level 3 hospitalises a level 1 new player.You enquire why and its i was just testing the option.Fair enough.Its players like jennekemaddict who log in hospitalise 2/3 brand new players for no reason just because they hate the game and wont ever be an AL player.Then we offer stims to the attacked players and hospitalise jennekemaddict.Its hard to explain entirely but im talking for the silent 20 here.

True that muggings are acceptable in the game but not a 30 second old player being mugged.That is wrong.
2008.Mar.23, 05:57 PM

mudpies Wrote:the blur was just to see if it worked. it didn't work but what was done was done.

You can blur more than once over same target Smile
2008.Mar.23, 05:58 PM

Loki Wrote:no kidding. they are all dead to me!!! Biggrin

Oh crap Sad Even out easter egg hunting with my son I offend you, lol :oops:
2008.Mar.23, 06:06 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:
Punisher Wrote:I personally thought it was to keep higher level players from hospitalizing the brand new newbs just for the hell of it. Mugging is part of the game. The continuous online hospitalizations and bezerks I had seen was why i thought I might be interested in helping out players that start the game and the next second they begin play they are hospitalized for 2 hours. That was my understanding.

That is part of it too.Any form of online attack to a level 1-5 player is "normally" looked into.Alot of the time its level 3 hospitalises a level 1 new player.You enquire why and its i was just testing the option.Fair enough.Its players like jennekemaddict who log in hospitalise 2/3 brand new players for no reason just because they hate the game and wont ever be an AL player.Then we offer stims to the attacked players and hospitalise jennekemaddict.Its hard to explain entirely but im talking for the silent 20 here.

True that muggings are acceptable in the game but not a 30 second old player being mugged.That is wrong.

The guy's addicted to Jenkem, he's not responsible for his actions.
2008.Mar.23, 06:12 PM

Nice B3. Yeah, it's for those looking to volunteer their time to help the game out. It's worked pretty well IMO to get most of the crud weasels out of AL who didn't want to even be here in the first place. There were occurrences where players would hit brand new peeps and when mailed why, say they were from another game and were told to come ruin this one. So a few players took a small stand and didn't mind using their energy and time to keep people from doing this. We started out with like 10 of them, now I believe there are two left.

I am all about natural selection, but this is still a small game, and every new account helps the greater cause of getting this game more populated to bring new and interesting people into the mix, even if they are more squishy than others by being taken care of so well.

I thought it was pretty cool, that a group of approximately 20 players could put their differences aside and help the game we all enjoy.

We do have a secret handshake, but as always we receive no extra benefits for these volunteer services.
2008.Mar.23, 08:30 PM

how do I join?