Poll: Should we be able to use any job ability from any career as long as we have the CPs to use?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Careers/CPs/ and Job Abilities
2008.Feb.15, 01:11 PM

AlienaFerox Wrote:that's an imbecile idea, sorry to tell you :oops:
have it this way...
you're training like hell in the construction career, storing career points... and you go into the science career, and use what you learned in the construction career?
You use 2000 CPs to train intelligence? when it's obvious in the construction career they didn't teach you maths, chemistry or biology... sounds very, very ridiculous to me... Maybe I am a retard and say stupid things, but I can't even imagine what you said in the real life...

Above posts..... Nothing said use other points in different career fields.

If I still have CPs in medical and politics why can I not use them? I did the job. Just because I am not in that field anymore does not mean I forgot what I "Learned".

SO, would you two negative voters like to elaborate why you would not want to use CPs you already earned in other careers? Would you not like to use your remaining CPs in the politics field (if you had any) to get a lower bail for a fellow gang member or a friend or heal a fellow gang member or yourself if you had CPs in the medical field even if you were currently doing another career path? Why have them stagnate or go to waste because you are doing something else???????

The above posts said using your current CPs in those fields where you earned them. As far as bricks for hideouts, your materials are already on site. If you had to leave, go to the store and get the materials your hideout would already be finished off.

As far as the manufacturing field goes, those "Excess Materials" are the CPs you have. You finish off those CPs in manufacturing charging those belts then you have "depleted your supplies". Same with medical, you finish off your CPs in that field healing yourself or your gang members then you have depleted your medical supplies and need to go back to the hospital (work again there) to get more.
2008.Feb.15, 01:13 PM

If you left your the realm of Polioticians would you still have your connections to lessen bail? Maybe, but, probably not.
2008.Feb.15, 01:16 PM

Ole Bill Clinton still has some connections. LOL So did Reagan and I bet Bush senior still has some. HEHE That's why when your CPs run out on the politics career your connections feel then you are no longer a viable asset to them. Of course, if you go back to politics again for a few days or longer your connections return. Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
2008.Feb.15, 01:54 PM

Hiei008 Wrote:buy your own materials Razz most thats stuff can be found at an electronics/hardware store depending on teh nature of the item youre repairing lol. If you had a repair job in real life do you think the ONLY place you would be able to find the tools to do the job is at work? wheer do you think WORK gets THEIR equipment from?

Why buying the things we need? In this case, won't we be fprced to buy them all the time we need them? I believe it does't worth doing that. Why not use the ones from the workplace...New things will have a weight, they will require more space in the storage, or inventory...

What if a player has the ability to heal himself, recharge belts, repair hideouts during wars, fortify the hideout, offer combat bonus to the whole gang, (should i continue??)..It seems to make the game unbalanced in my opinion..

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Feb.15, 02:02 PM

alinutza Wrote:
Hiei008 Wrote:buy your own materials Razz most thats stuff can be found at an electronics/hardware store depending on teh nature of the item youre repairing lol. If you had a repair job in real life do you think the ONLY place you would be able to find the tools to do the job is at work? wheer do you think WORK gets THEIR equipment from?

Why buying the things we need? In this case, won't we be fprced to buy them all the time we need them? I believe it does't worth doing that. Why not use the ones from the workplace...New things will have a weight, they will require more space in the storage, or inventory...

What if a player has the ability to heal himself, recharge belts, repair hideouts during wars, fortify the hideout, offer combat bonus to the whole gang, (should i continue??)..It seems to make the game unbalanced in my opinion..

IMO if somebody leveled enough in the medical field to obtain the heal self or heal gang member ability and still has CPs in that field he should be able to use them since he did earn (learn) them. If he has excess materials (CPs) for the belt recharging option (I am not sure what level you have to be to get it) then let him use them as well. Same for construction, military, athletics and the others. Of course if hording points is of a concern to others then have it that you start losing some of those points after 30 days of not using that career (maybe 10% of the points, minimum one point). Make it a use them or lose them option. Of course, if people go back to those careers within 30 days they do not lose any points as they are keeping updated on the new medical procedures, construction plans, making new connections in politics, etc......
2008.Feb.15, 02:49 PM

Hmm. A history major having to learnmathematics, chemisty, and science, and understanding them to a T so they don't make some acidic concoction, should be able to make stims while in the hospital? Completely understandable!
2008.Feb.15, 04:00 PM

HMMM, can we normally do anything in the hospital besides gamble now? :? :? :? I must have been gone too long to know all the updates.
2008.Feb.15, 04:13 PM

This is my opinion on the issue:

1. You've studied each job which in turn gives you experience within that field.

2. Just because you no longer work at a place does not mean you forget what you've learned.

3. This is a game of thiefs and criminals, name one player then that probably wouldn't have stolen something from their jobs and brought it home.

Ok, with this said, my idea would be:

have the jobs that you have worked at and each capability listed under the current job. Each job field has it's own independent set of CP so also list amount of CP left for each job.
Now, since you no longer work for that "business", there should be some form of penalty for using CP in a job you currently are not working for. Therefore, you can use your skills from previous employment but it will cost more CP.

Example:
Construction gives you the ability to repair hideout for 3 or 5 CP per repair (I could be wrong on the point amount).
BUT I no longer work at construction, I'm now in military. Now it would cost me 7 or 8 CP because now I have to "refresh" my memory on the job.

Just an Idea

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2008.Feb.15, 04:16 PM

Sounds about right to this guy
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
2008.Feb.15, 04:57 PM

I think Eaglefreak is on the right track. However, I still vote "no".