AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Careers/CPs/ and Job Abilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Scorpious

I know I replied back in a different thread with this answer but I wanted to bring up a thread specifically for this.

I myself (possibly others) feel that we should be able to use any job ability from any career as long as we have CPs for that career and made it to a level where a job ability was present. I.E. I have enough levels in the medical field whereas I have at least one job ability (more actually). I trained a few days in the politics field and used CPs from the career to lower bail on various people. Now, let us suppose I wanted to go back to military so I can level and get a job ability. If I still have CPs in medical and politics why can I not use them? I did the job. Just because I am not in that field anymore does not mean I forgot what I "Learned".

I am in the HVAC field in RL. Now suppose I wanted to work for my cable company. Will I forget my HVAC skill? No, I think not. If I stay out of it I will get rusty but will still retain some knowledge. Let's say I go to the Red Cross and take a first aid class. Does that mean since I am in the HVAC field I will not know anything about basic first aid?

I feel that if I train 100 CPs in the medical field, 100 in politics, 100 in construction (after I reach a level whereas I have a job ability), and now I want to go to military I should be able to use those CPs as needed and not have to wait until I go back to those careers. I think it would make wars more interesting also as others may have some medical points and others have the hideout repair ability with CPs also. It can make a 3 or 4 person gang formidable against a 6 to 8 person gang if they have a variety of abilities and points to use.

What does the rest of the AL community think about being able to use points from other careers. Please give reasons as to yes or no if you feel obligated. At least the negative responses as I and maybe others would like to know why you may think something good like this deserves a no answer. THanks all. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Scorpious

SO, would you two negative voters like to elaborate why you would not want to use CPs you already earned in other careers? Would you not like to use your remaining CPs in the politics field (if you had any) to get a lower bail for a fellow gang member or a friend or heal a fellow gang member or yourself if you had CPs in the medical field even if you were currently doing another career path? Why have them stagnate or go to waste because you are doing something else???????

filthymick

i agree with you to have the skill readily available when you have points toward it...

you've pretty much covered all my reasons why too lol

TheGeek

Look at it this way. All jobs require some kind of equipment to complete properly. What are the odds that you'd be able to carry equipment needed for 2 jobs at the same time?

Slim to none.

Bad idea.

kthx.

BlitzKrieg

As a suggestion for those with left over points... Go back into the career and convert them to stat points.

Viola!! no wasted points...

Scorpious

Well, I can still have a first aid kit with me at my job. I carry one in my vehicle. I can also carry tools in my trunk if needed too. Razz Razz Razz

AlienaFerox

that's an imbecile idea, sorry to tell you :oops:
have it this way...
you're training like hell in the construction career, storing career points... and you go into the science career, and use what you learned in the construction career?
You use 2000 CPs to train intelligence? when it's obvious in the construction career they didn't teach you maths, chemistry or biology... sounds very, very ridiculous to me... Maybe I am a retard and say stupid things, but I can't even imagine what you said in the real life...

Hiei008

TheGeek Wrote:Look at it this way. All jobs require some kind of equipment to complete properly. What are the odds that you'd be able to carry equipment needed for 2 jobs at the same time?

Slim to none.

Bad idea.

kthx.

Its not about equipment its about knowledge (after all doing jobs on this game doesnt require equipment). If you worked as a computer repair man for 4 years (or any random number of time) then you quit that job for whatever reason and decide to do construction. Youre telling me a year or so later youre magically gonna forget how to/not be capable of repairing a computer?
Hiei008 Wrote:Its not about equipment its about knowledge (after all doing jobs on this game doesnt require equipment).

..and how will you be able to repair a hideout if you do not have the "materials" to do that? With knowledge?? or tools? You need tools, but you also need materials, to which you have access only by working in a certain career.

And how many bricks will you be able to carry in your vehicle? :roll:

Another example is the Manufacturing career: "An employee of a manufacturer has access to excess materials for shield belt recharging. Any shield belt that is not fully charge can be recharged by salvaging batteries at work.

Hiei008

alinutza Wrote:
Hiei008 Wrote:Its not about equipment its about knowledge (after all doing jobs on this game doesnt require equipment).

..and how will you be able to repair a hideout if you do not have the "materials" to do that? With knowledge?? or tools? You need tools, but you also need materials, to which you have access only by working in a certain career.

And how many bricks will you be able to carry in your vehicle? :roll:

Another example is the Manufacturing career: "An employee of a manufacturer has access to excess materials for shield belt recharging. Any shield belt that is not fully charge can be recharged by salvaging batteries at work.

buy your own materials Razz most thats stuff can be found at an electronics/hardware store depending on teh nature of the item youre repairing lol. If you had a repair job in real life do you think the ONLY place you would be able to find the tools to do the job is at work? wheer do you think WORK gets THEIR equipment from?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's