My main problem with the new changes.
2008.Feb.23, 02:22 PM

remember the old school wars?

it was great fun. i'd find just the right target that i could beat, but barely.. try and get myself below fair condition.. when i'd get back up to fair, i'd district-hop while trying to find another perfect target to attack so i'd once again be un-attackable.

but currently, if we're in a war, i could go the entire war without having even one second to look at a hideout, attempt to district-hop, or anything else you can't do in the hospital -- all the opposing gang has to do is have someone stronger than me, sitting there waiting for me to get out of the hospital so they can hit me again. and if i stim out, even if i have 10 HP, bam, they hit me again. what "strategy" am i supposed to employ then? stim out again so they can instantly attack me? no, i'd rather just log off and save money / stims.

it just seems like this addition will make it so that certain weaker gang members have no chance to even try participating in the war. which takes away almost all the fun of warring. if we went back to the 50% HP rule, a weaker member might be able to strategize and somehow help his gang with the war.

sorry for the long winded blog, but making it so that weaklings can't even participate at all during a war seems incredibly insane to me.
2008.Feb.23, 02:28 PM

filthymick Wrote:I sure do love only getting 8 gang points from a gang i used to get 30+ from[/sarcasm]

gang wars might not be pillow fights but at least you got something from pillow fighting!

War inactive or offline gangs, and you will recieve the same amount of Gang Points as you have in the past.

Being that I never participated in the old PvP system, I did not know the luxury of stiming out in crit and jumping around district to district. That being said, what was the benefit of this? If I understand correctly, there were no hideouts to attack, thus no need for sub-radar AP usage. You also could not efficiently attack another player in Crit or Serious Status. So what were you doing? Jumping from District to district to avoid another hit? Sounds less cost effective than geting a stim stock and figuring a way to evade your attacker.

I understand that users of the old code would be against this move, but, with an organized crew, there should be no issue taking down a stronger, antogonistic player.

I like the idea of attacking in low stages of health and I think with organization no one should have an issue.
2008.Feb.23, 02:42 PM

i'll give you an example.

in the old system, say i wanted to attack player x in the attempt to gain respect. but also in x's gang was player y, who had just attacked me and gained respect. so i'd stim out, but not all the way.. so that there were less than 10 minutes of hospital time left. then when i got out, i was below fair. (as you know, if you have 5 minutes of hospital time left and use a small stim, you're in fair upon leaving the hospital.)

being below fair would allow me to do several important things. even though i wasn't attacking any hideout, it would allow me to NOT be in the hospital. therefore i could scout the member list of the gang we were warring, plan out my next hit, see if player x was in fair again yet, etc. then if i find him in fair, i find his district, eat some nimbus, and BAM! attack him!

under this current business, i can't look at the opposing gang's memberlist, i can't train, do a crime, attack a hideout, or anything else, because i'm in the hospital. and when i get out, no amount of strategy in the world can prevent the stronger player from putting me right back in the hospital. which means i can't strategize or participate in the war. the under 50% HP immunity was essential in that it allowed all members, even weaker ones, to help plan, scout, and strategize for the war.

make sense now to you? did my example help to illustrate my point?
2008.Feb.23, 03:07 PM

Fractaleyes Wrote:
filthymick Wrote:I sure do love only getting 8 gang points from a gang i used to get 30+ from[/sarcasm]

gang wars might not be pillow fights but at least you got something from pillow fighting!

War inactive or offline gangs, and you will recieve the same amount of Gang Points as you have in the past.

the only inactive gang that has levels worth warring is Balazaar's. and from what i hear they aren't worth warring.....
2008.Feb.23, 03:12 PM

Sure, thanks. However, with some strategy on both sides, I still don't see an issue.

So you are warring Gang X who has 1 higher level player that will wipe the f'ing floor with you. If you are the decalring gang, you should know that this player is online, and deql with him accordingly. Send out two or three of your strongest players and have them in his distrcit before declaration. As soon as you declare start attackign him like crazy. All of a sudden this monster player is in the hospital and you have reaped 10 GP's for your efforts.
Now you are on the aggresing side and can turn the tables on your powerhouse enemy.

If you are on the raw end of the declaring stick, one would hope that the aggresing gang would have the understanding that Gp's aare not awarded in an substantial fashion to those who attack players out of their league.
2008.Feb.23, 03:13 PM

filthymick Wrote:the only inactive gang that has levels worth warring is Balazaar's. and from what i hear they aren't worth warring.....

There are a ton of gangs that barely ever come online that give you 25 + gang points. Find em and dominate them all day.
2008.Feb.23, 03:19 PM

"If you are on the raw end of the declaring stick, one would hope that the aggresing gang would have the understanding that Gp's aare not awarded in an substantial fashion to those who attack players out of their league."

why not? currently, in a gang war, even if i'm a level 25 and you're a level 35, and i have 10 HP, you're still going to want to attack me. not for gang points per se, but so i can't attack your hideout or any of your gang mates that are closer in level to me.
2008.Feb.23, 03:24 PM

I'm going to stop arguing since I don't seem to be convincing anyone, but I'll sum up my feelings, leave it at that, and do what I have to do.

Eliminating all types of temporary immunity for a player leaves him open to be hosp'd to the point where that player is a 100% non-factor in the war.

This seems to run counter to the whole "make it so all players have a chance to compete / contribute to a gang" aspect of AL.
2008.Feb.23, 03:24 PM

Fair enough, but ganging up on those players that can do these things to you should be first prioirty. Check the king, win the match.
2008.Feb.23, 03:47 PM

thawdgharp Wrote:why not? currently, in a gang war, even if i'm a level 25 and you're a level 35, and i have 10 HP, you're still going to want to attack me. not for gang points per se, but so i can't attack your hideout or any of your gang mates that are closer in level to me.

thawdgharp is right. if he was capable of taking points from my lower lvls you'd better believe he would be kept in the hosp, that's the nature of the beast. even w/ two or three of their stronger players ganging up on me, it would be difficult to bring me down and it would take up a lot of resources and still may not even get the job done. that being said, i definitely think that there should be that buffer zone of protection for players when they are below 50% so they can still actively participate in wars instead of having to spend the entire time in a hospital bed.