Experience gain changes
2008.Aug.29, 03:19 PM
Experience gain changes
I know there was a previous thread about this, but I feel that an influx of concern, voiced through multiple threads, will properly deliver the severity of the situation.

I am getting a little annoyed by the current changes in experience gain. I attack players that put a good hurtin on me and I gain less than 300 exp. per. Meanwhile, I attack players that are within my approximate power level, and upon losing a brawl I lose 300+ exp, yet when I take down the same characters I get less experience than what I lose if I bite off with them.

I am all for randomness, as a set point gain ratio would make this game go stale pretty quickly. However, I can't understand the rationale behind the current formula.

There is too much risk and not enough reward. I guess I will stop "being competitive" as I am not too keen on losing more experience than I can gain from similar fights.
2008.Aug.29, 03:23 PM

I'm not quite sure what "change" you are referring to. The XP gains/losses hasn't changed. Too busy with the new server to change anything.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.29, 03:25 PM

Somebody who was giving me upwards of 396 XP I am now lucky to see 300, I get suddenly mostly around 250 XP for him. The change I saw happened within the evening a few nights ago.
Thrillhouse has also made a post the following day, and a few people responded and had all agreed. Where did our XP go?
2008.Aug.29, 03:29 PM

Bottleneck'd
2008.Aug.29, 03:36 PM

Impossible that anything could be wrong.
2008.Aug.29, 03:46 PM

Code is spot on from what i'm told
2008.Aug.29, 04:00 PM

Weebay Wrote:Somebody who was giving me upwards of 396 XP I am now lucky to see 300, I get suddenly mostly around 250 XP for him. The change I saw happened within the evening a few nights ago.
Thrillhouse has also made a post the following day, and a few people responded and had all agreed. Where did our XP go?

That sounds like you reached a powerlevel threshold where you no longer get full XP for them because you are getting stronger faster than them. Without seeing specific details it's impossible to tell. Ever get GP in a fight with them?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.29, 04:04 PM

What's odd to me is that someone who comes within one hit of beating me I can get as low as 296 exp from. Pretty low yield for almost losing the attack.

As Dru stated in thrillhouse's thread, some type of an exp bonus is needed for those very close fights.
2008.Aug.29, 04:14 PM

w00k Wrote:What's odd to me is that someone who comes within one hit of beating me I can get as low as 296 exp from. Pretty low yield for almost losing the attack.

As Dru stated in thrillhouse's thread, some type of an exp bonus is needed for those very close fights.

That's a good idea.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.29, 04:30 PM

WOOK! You've gotten through my man!