there still aren't alot of people playing this game....
2007.Feb.24, 12:55 AM

the idea is that you only invite people who will become active, not post your referral link everywhere or tell all your friends. ive only told specific friends who i think will play, and so far all of my referrals are level 2 or higher, about 7 or 8 are level 3 or higher, 3 or 4 are 5 or higher (i didnt check just now so forgive me T_T) and one is level 7. and this is only after about 10 days

pick and choose pllleeaaase

and zenni please do something about jobs. they are teh slows and dont help much Sad i r sad!!

also add some spice to other districts! new NPCs? new crimes? new JOBs? OMGGG?

i also, again, support the concept of level limit to zones, no idea how that would be implemented though. maybe the main district (downtown) would be all levels but you can only access rural from 8-22 (once you get to midlan the cows start to seem boring) ??
was gonna suggest industrial and then i remembered the shotguns are there and that would be tough to limit :/ maybe level 25 limit

ALSO support the concept of adding ALL basic stores to the other zones so you dont have to travel back and forth. go to the new district to check for zones then go back to downtown for stims?? T_T sadness
2007.Feb.24, 10:46 AM

One of the main things I like about this game is the lack of instant gratification. I see myself slowly gaining for a long time which says I'll be into the game for multiple years in the future.
Going to war has made the past two days a blast. All the drama that springs up has been entertainment at its finest. I almost got one of my best friends on the game (the one who's afraid of becoming addicted and forgetting about his job) by giving him play by play of the war.

good times
2007.Feb.24, 10:49 AM

matt5250 Wrote:LOL, zenith, I was reading that and thinking of posting something similar at exactly the same time as you, I decided against it, left the thread, then noticed it had another new entry. I find this highly amusing, probably because I am quite drunk atm.

Either I should be happy about you thinking like I do, or I should be ashamed that my thinking is similar to someone who is drunk!

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.24, 11:01 AM

don't feel too bad Zen, I was mostly coherent at the time.
2007.Feb.24, 12:25 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:the idea is that you only invite people who will become active, not post your referral link everywhere or tell all your friends.

pick and choose pllleeaaase

i disagree. referalls should be gained from anywhere regardless is you think they will play. this will maximize the odds of you referring someone who will actually become active.

the more numbers you bring in, the more chance of active players you bring in.
2007.Feb.24, 12:30 PM

exactly. So by referring loads of people, those that DO become active- earn you great rewards.

So it's still a good idea to refer loads of people, without rewarding them all... it means that taking time to get people to actually play is rewarded, rather than mindlessly getting hundreds to click your link for rewards. Maintained activity is what makes this site grow.
2007.Feb.24, 02:15 PM

yea but i dont like having loads of level 1's in my referrals Smile standarrdzzzz
2007.Feb.24, 02:48 PM

You should allow everyone the opportunity to try out the game. Some of the people you think will be active might "burn out" quickly and not play much at all but there might be some that you think won't give the game a chance might love it and become very active members. The point is no one really knows how others are going to view this game so you might as well give everyone an opportunity.

The thing I don't like is that the person that gets the referral can see how much one donates. IMO no one but Zenith and Err should be privy to this info. The person referring should get an event "One of your referrals has earned you some points! Go to your referrals to claim your points".

I just think that the referral system could be exploited of how much someone donates by the person referring adding up the points thier referral has given them. IMO that is personal info

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Feb.24, 04:49 PM

yeah but that can all be tracked. how is that exploitable? i mean, if they are donating its still $$ going to the game, and its not like the points you get from referrals is so enormous that its THAT exploitable. you still have to put cash into the game.

plus when i say i only send it to select people, i mean people that would even think of giving it a chance. im not gona send the link to my friends who dont even bother with any games. they would just scoff at me and block me -.-
2012.Apr.06, 06:27 PM
RE:
(2007.Feb.16 12:51 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  maybe make certain crimes only visible at certain levels? like.. i am not opposed to having crimes out of reach still in sight, but having ALL crimes visible there and at the same time unattainable is unappealing to new people. i know i spent an hour or two trying to mug someone before i realized i couldnt do that, so i actually lagged behind some.

poptart was so a head of his time. what ever happened to this, werent we supposed to get a 2 parter for the crime update. so that lower levels do not see the higher level crimesÉ

Wu tang