there still aren't alot of people playing this game....
2007.Feb.14, 01:35 AM
there still aren't alot of people playing this game....
we're showing 665 users. this doesn't seem like much to me.

how can we get more people into this?
2007.Feb.14, 02:15 AM

I think a lot of people become annoyed with the amount of time that it takes to get to a reasonable level... and another reason may be that because there are really good people and not many lower level people starting the game they feel overwhelmed and it takes a long time to level and get into a good gang.
2007.Feb.14, 02:41 AM

Well I have to admit our growth rate isn't quite where I want it yet, but I can't complain. We are getting close to 25 new sign-ups per day who actually verify their email and activate their account. This is quite good compared to other games. I'd like to get us up to 40 quality new players per day by the end of next month, which would place us close to the top of the fastest growing games of our ilk.

Our userlist only shows those who have logged in recently. I don't believe any other game similar to us does this. We have over 3,000 registered users, but why show the ones who never log in?

The last 2 months our active users have doubled. In fact, we've already had more sign-ups this month than all of November, and are currently at our fastest growth rate ever. Our bandwidth per day is over a gigabyte in usage, which is over double of November's average.

I think our slow player progression isn't suitable for those who are impatient. We probably have one of the more mature communities because of this, as well as one of the best economies. While this might be a drawback in terms of growth, it also keeps the cheats out.

Not many people take advantage of the referral program. Those that do seem to be doing quite well with it. It might not be immediate returns, but over the long run it could be potentially thousands of free credits.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.14, 03:49 PM

Maybe it would be a good time to start with the monthly contest for the new guys. You seemed to like the idea and even if not many people commented on it, I still think it would give them something to help them being more patient and hopes to reach the top one day.

And some people have reached very good levels in less than 3 months, sort the user list by lvl and then check the days of each.
2007.Feb.14, 04:20 PM

One thing I think is compelte garbage is the # of times I get busted (my friends that play too) just before you are about to advance to another level. The game seems to take on a bias to try and not let you advance. Its frustrating and really is making me seek other games to play. One thing is for certain, Im not donating any more. The amount of points and time to move up seems too much. Just my $.02
2007.Feb.14, 04:25 PM

PhisheVA Wrote:One thing I think is compelte garbage is the # of times I get busted (my friends that play too) just before you are about to advance to another level. The game seems to take on a bias to try and not let you advance. Its frustrating and really is making me seek other games to play. One thing is for certain, Im not donating any more. The amount of points and time to move up seems too much. Just my $.02

What crimes do you do or try to do? And do you know that some people have leveled from 24 to 25 or 20 to 21 in about 3 days? If that's what you call too long then you will never find a game that will satisfy you desire to attain lvl 99 in a month.

Maybe you should ask how to level quickly and what crimes you can really do with a good % before trying to bash the best game I played on the net since I do. And I currently play 6 of them, quit 4 recently and tried over 20 just in 2007 so don't try to tell me I don't know about online games/rpg.
2007.Feb.14, 04:39 PM

Woah woah, before we start arguing let's take a step back. PhisheVA is entitled to his opinion, and I am glad he spoke up even if I personally don't agree with it. There isn't any bias to leveling. It's just law of averages and for you probably just bad luck combined with a little frustration.

I appreciate you having my back hydro. Let's stay on topic though. I didn't expect this topic to be loaded with complaints, but it's good to get everyone's perspective.

We certainly aren't for everyone, that's for sure. It's a slow-paced game compared to all the others out there on purpose.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.14, 06:11 PM

i like the slow pace of the game because it still allows higher players like me to still have stuff to reach for. I think leveling too fast like some games you can takes the fun out of the game in a couple months. If everyone has the best weapon, housing and other items what is there left to do? I use to play 5 online games now this is my only one. I think any new player can catch up in this game if they give it time and get into training gangs and get a little help from more experienced players. We just need to encourage newer players to form gangs and then not let mid to upper gangs beat them up. I would think it would get discouraging to create a gang and within a week or two it is down to 50 respect points in the gang.
2007.Feb.14, 06:21 PM

jlabrasseur Wrote:We just need to encourage newer players to form gangs and then not let mid to upper gangs beat them up. I would think it would get discouraging to create a gang and within a week or two it is down to 50 respect points in the gang.

Hopefully this will rememdy that situation...

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...php?t=1054

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.14, 10:19 PM

I appreciate everyones replies and I am certainly not telling anyone anything just stating my opinion. It just seems like I get tossed in the slammer more than I usually do when I get close to the next level. Im at about a 60% success rate on crimes right now but lately I have been getting busted 6 out of 7 times. Busted on small crimes like tourist pickpoceting. I can understand limited success with stealing cars but not the busts on the small stuff that I seem to have mastered. I certainly wasnt trying to peeve anyone off or say this isnt a good game. Perhaps its the frustration setting in.