Poll: Should there be a Retirement District
Yes
No
Don\'t Care
[Show Results]

Retirement District
2007.Jul.07, 10:58 AM

Maybe Resignation district, still same rules apply if you're in their and come out and retire/resign your soul will be left to rot...and rot...and rot... this is getting booring now but you know wot I mean. Twisted
2007.Jul.07, 03:42 PM

retirement isnt a lifetime thing, can have early retirement, and you can return from that, just look at all the action movies, where the hero has retired and is forced to return.

you can retire from modeling, but still be young enough to do other work.

you can retire for the evening, but still be allowed to wake up in the morning.

you can retire from a profession, but still be allowed to learn a new one.

Biggrin

Boom-shacka-lacka!! Biggrin

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jul.07, 03:58 PM

Well put Dru, well put. Never thought of it that way. I am retired from the military and now have another profession. HEHE
2007.Jul.07, 04:38 PM

So... You're saying you can retire fro ma game and go play another 1?

I don't want you all to leave... But I'll take a few extra punching bags any day of the week.
2007.Jul.08, 01:26 AM

lol I'm kidding around, I've stated my peace to be honest. I think that players should be able to do whatever they want with their own account.

In my eyes, all inactive accounts more then 1 month inactive should be moved to retirement district. Cause you wouldnt drag a dead horse around town and then ask for credit when you beat it. Atleast lower experience point gained from inactive account by 50%, since they arent fighting back.

Yes, in the beginning this will place the game under stress, since people will start to hit other people that are actually PLAYING the game. But that's what it's about. Trying not to hit online people, and not caring if you hit online people. I think too many want the easy way out and just hit people that doesnt play. And it may even make people pay more attention to stats, and that in return will increase the general power level (you have a overall power bar, determined on you skills) so that everyone wields more experience when beaten.

Yes, I believe that it's not levels that determine experience, it's the players overall ranking in stats, that combined with levels give out a power level.

The bigger difference in power level, the lesser experience you get, at least that's what I make out of it after Zenith changed the system. So removing dead accounts over 1 month inactive may actually speed up the leveling race, since everyone will give more xp.

I'm planning to come back to the game, but if I had been forced to be a punching bag until I returned, I might have reconsidered Razz

Soz for the long post, but my girlfriend is asleep and I'm bored out of my skull waiting for her to wake up.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jul.08, 01:31 AM

Leave the room and SMACK the door "unintentionally" on the way out - that ought to wake her :wink:
2007.Jul.08, 01:55 AM

Dru I think you are right about the people not wanting to attack online players but on the other hand, this game is still growing, if there were more players then it wouldn't be as bad cause you would have more range of targets instead of the same 3 or 4. Just part of the "growing pain" process IMO

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Jul.08, 09:11 AM

"Yes, in the beginning this will place the game under stress, since people will start to hit other people that are actually PLAYING the game. But that's what it's about. Trying not to hit online people, and not caring if you hit online people. I think too many want the easy way out and just hit people that doesnt play"

dude. you even admitted that you yourself hit inactive targets. and it gained you a lot of EXP, and now look at your level. why should that part of the game be taken away NOW, at this point in time, after a year of AL, just because you don't want to be a means to other people's ends? why can't I have the same opportunity you had (the ability to gain EXP from people who stopped playing the game for whatever length of time)? the stubbornness and hypocrisy here is astounding, IMO.
2007.Jul.08, 11:04 AM

Ofc I'm a hypocrite. I may want changes, but until those changes come I would fight using the tools given to me.

And you're right Eagle, removing top end targets cause they stop playing will cause tops to slow down, doesnt mean they will ever be caught up with by the ones lower down. Cause of they training you get, and the ability to get new and improved houses. Ofc unless you are a donator, but as Wolverine already have stated in his thread an exellent point. High end people cant energy refresh to attack more, the cost of that is beyond ridiculous compared to lower leveled people.

And I'm arguing the other side cause there are basically no one else doing it, exept those in the retirement district which has graced us with 2-3posts.

There is no way to get away from the fact that this game is growing with an ever accelerating pace, this is due to Zeniths good marketing, shes using all the donations and the commercial money to advert this game. And alot of people have made exellent use of the referral system.

And in the future more people will make use of the retirement district, name calling and slandering them wont bring them back to the game to get diversity among the top ranks again, and to get more targets. This is a viable option, available to everybody, I think you all will just have to embrace this fact.

In fact, send those in retirement district a mail, a polite mail, telling them that they are needed in the game. That this game need more sides, more people to compete against in the top. Then maybe they will return.

Cause every last man and woman that has quitted is needed to make this game grow the fastest. You might not believe it, but one of the very few ways of bringing them back isnt to take away retirement district, is too make them understand that their presence and continued presence is needed for more then their own amusement of this game. Remove retirement district and you may get xp cows for 2-3 levels more, but after Zen's coding you will have dimishing returns very fast on xp when you surpass them in level by much.

Just like gang and respect. No point farming lower gangs for respect.

I'm just advocating the other side of this issue, not all of these views are my own. Smile

ps: waking her up by slamming a door isnt an option, you might have heard about john wayne bobbit. history has taught us a lesson, "hell hath no fury like a woman ticked off and grumpy in the morning."

2007.Jul.08, 11:31 AM

Yeah, she bobbitized him. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!