Poll: Should there be a Retirement District
Yes
No
Don\'t Care
[Show Results]

Retirement District
2007.Sep.23, 02:00 AM

If retirement district was ever removed the players would have to get an email with a question if they would like their game account deleted or not.

And there should then be an account deletion button, which there aint.

Cause instead of account deletion, people have the chance to come back.

What if in 2-3months Matt returned, instead of having to start all over he starts at high level and can level faster up and be an excellent target in no time.

I seriously Zenith just ignores this bandwagon, cause the district is being used as intended too, and I love that the retirement plan on this game gives you a chance to come back. Instead of many other games where you just delete account and no longer have any strings attached.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Sep.23, 06:06 AM

What don't you get dru? You just get attacked, you don't lose your stats, and of course you cannot be deleveled in this game. If I were to leave the game, I would stay in the system, people would be more than welcome to attack me to get some exp, it's healthy for the game to have as many targets as possible. There are no negatives... If I were to come back, I login and do whatever it was I was doing before I left. I just don't understand why you feel your character will lose it's position, at least when people attack and lose you DO get exp, I think sarge enjoys the occasional bit off more than can chew...

And the delete option is ridiculous and I see absolutely no value in even talking about deletion of accounts, let them sit there and better the community.

Check your toys, they may have lead paint in them.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Sep.23, 08:28 AM

the whole point is that we should decide for ourselves what should happen to the account when we stop playing.

what about that dont you understand?

it's healthy yeah to have the most targets you can, but for gods sake it's a pvp game, you are supposed to combat ACTIVE people that can fight back.

it would be nice to see inactive targets render less xp, cause they do nothing to improve or get better, whereas active targets give more.

now, I'm tempted to retort with a similar chilidish insult, but then again, I just cant seem to find one just poor as the one you made. if you just can put some heart into making decent insults that doesnt break forum rules I might give it a try. but then again, I wont get my hopes up too soon Wink

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Sep.23, 08:45 AM

Druchii Wrote:now, I'm tempted to retort with a similar chilidish insult, but then again, I just cant seem to find one just poor as the one you made. if you just can put some heart into making decent insults that doesnt break forum rules I might give it a try. but then again, I wont get my hopes up too soon Wink

oh schnap

Druchii Wrote:If you got any problems with retired players! You deal with ME! LEAVE RETIRED PLAYERS ALONE! ...please...

Smile
2007.Sep.23, 09:35 AM

Let's say they have that delete option. If Matt thinks he has the slightest chance of coming back in a near or far future, then he won't delete his account, won't he?

I'm willing to take that chance, with all the time and money (for some of them) they have put in this game, I'm sure none of them would be capable of pressing that delete button.

And no, our accounts and character are not our property, if they were, we could do whatever we want with them, take them home, sell them on ebay and etc and we can't do that. Everything in here is Zen's property and it's for her to decide, really...

Tell you what, name me 3 games on the net where you do have the option of hiding somewhere when you stop playing without having your account deleted and I will stop arguing about this, until then, I still think the retirement district - who was an original idea, at first - doesn't have his place anymore. And there's not only top levels in it either as far as I know.

Take Travian for example (the game TW was copied from, it's all the same except for the graphics), in that game, if you quit, you can delete your account but if you don't, it stays there for others to farm your resources, period. Nobody has ever sent a complain to the admins they wanted to be preserved from being attacked because they were only on a 1 month break...
2007.Sep.23, 10:20 AM

hydro9226 Wrote:Take Travian for example (the game TW was copied from, it's all the same except for the graphics), in that game, if you quit, you can delete your account but if you don't, it stays there for others to farm your resources, period. Nobody has ever sent a complain to the admins they wanted to be preserved from being attacked because they were only on a 1 month break...
..but on Travian other players can take your village, destroy your troops and buildings..maybe there should be a "retirement district", and not in this game where the only thing that could be taken from you is money. The stats, items and house(which are the most imporant) are not lost, so no need to hide in a place were no one can find you
2007.Sep.24, 12:26 AM

I bow to Dru's chivalry Smile[/i]

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Sep.24, 01:42 AM

I just think someone should fight for the right to retirement district, even tho I'm one of the few that has used it for what it was intended.

Smile and I am a knight in World of Warcraft Biggrin

2007.Sep.24, 05:23 AM

ok...i havent posted to this thread yet..to allow myself time to read and digest both sides...maybe 3 sides to this issue.if..and this is a big if, i ever got to the point where i found it hard to find anyone to fight that gave out xp. i would retire.. but not in the sense of this thread. i would simply slow my play down and eventually stop. maybe keep up on the forums...they are pretty funny sometimes..and rather mature for a game. but i would consider it an honor to be the person (ie. meatbag) that helps others...maybe going as far as being turned into a npc by zen. such as jack mort. you all know my name fits the trend. (even though thats not how it came to be).

my two cents
2007.Sep.24, 06:25 AM

Ok I'm gonna add my 2 cents here. Seeing as I was inactive for almost a year and come back to see my new attack logger filled with ppl who farmed me for exp.

I'm not upset about this in the least because most of them can't hit me like that now.

Dru you said that this game is a pvp game and that we should be attacking active players. Well I do that and I'm tired of getting the mails from them saying "dude why have you attacked me five times while I'm offline, You need to stop there are plenty of inactive accounts to hit." I don't have a problem hitting active as I get hit still too, not as much mind you, but I do. I just hate getting the mails from them whining about getting pwned by a lower lvl player Smile

And as Ush said I love logging in to see an attack where I won! Not a better feeling than to have someone that's 2-3 lvls higher than you thinkin that you're an easy kill and get nearly 300 xp for whoopin them.