Idea for the attack refills
2008.May.21, 04:21 PM

Saerin Wrote:but I think that they get enough now and dont need anymore.

lol
2008.May.21, 04:47 PM

personally, I think it's an awful idea.

Simple answer being, the way the game's set up- a low level player has SOME chance of catching up. They have few advantages- cheaper energy refresh costs being the biggest, and low xp requirement to level being the other. The advantages high level players and donators have is vast amounts of extra energy and AP to train and do crimes (and well earned through time and money).

But to now give them a further advantage by increasing donator advantage to give more energy refresh for credits would not be good, at all. The only thing that balances people that can't drop $100 at will from those that can is the fact at lv 30+, energy refreshing purely to attack and train becomes EXTREMELY expensive. So they have to rely on their (already substantially higher) energy refresh rate. Which, to me, is ample.

The advantages to donating can be measured in cash (higher house), endurance (higher training) and donator status (higher refresh rate). No need to ramp this up any higher, IMO.

*edit*

Just read through a few posts, and I totally agree donators should have benefits. And they already have plenty. But there has to be some kind of cut off- does anyone here honestly think it would be fair to have, for example, an elite gun that can only be bought through a $200 donation? Making too big a divide between those that can and can't donate is a bad thing indeed, and you'll end up with a game where only rich people bother to play. Rafal has been playing this game solidly practically from it's inception without donating, yet (apart from level, which currently is the only thing donators don't have a huge advantage on, which is proposed to change) is way way behind on all stats. And I know him well, he's as active as can be.
2008.Jul.10, 01:21 PM

Wow, this is an old topic.

I suggested the "everyone with 100 energy" before anyone had 100 energy (over a year ago). It's too late for that idea now.

Back in the days of 25 credit energy refreshes, we had a few players attack hundreds of players each day for a few hundred credits. It got to the point where the biggest donator attacked everyone online because someone upset them, causing everyone to log out. The game was a ghost town during peak hours due to this... definitely NOT what we want.

So we created the credit refresh scale based on energy. Of course this didn't stop some players from refreshing, and a cap was proposed. While I've always been against hard caps, eventually a "over 10 uses and the price increases" soft cap was introduced.

The soft cap tends to slow down things except on gym days. The main intent of the energy refreshes based on total energy was because I didn't want to have some frustrated uber player keep everyone online in the hospital again. While it doesn't completely prevent this, it makes the cost to do it so steep it's not worth the effort. And it did exactly what we intended it to do.

When the tactic of using refreshes to train in the gym started gaining interest, the new refresh costs seemed even more appropriate. Why it wasn't used for training more is because level tended to be more important than stats back in the olden days.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jul.10, 02:29 PM

This Soft Cap that we are talking about, does it get a temporary lift during the Gym day?

Amend
2008.Jul.10, 02:30 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:This Soft Cap that we are talking about, does it get a temporary lift during the Gym day?

No.

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2008.Jul.10, 02:57 PM

After seeing all of this again, maybe there should be a discount at a higher level when using an energy refresh.

(100 EP * 2 [credits]) = Total

Total - (Total*.1) = Credits needed for full refresh. Of course this only goes till the 10 (or so) refresh hard cap. Unless it goes for everyone, but that really doesn't solve anything.

I also saw someone saying that newer players may catch up to the upper players... but that won't happen unless they donate ALOT and have a higher activity.

Hard to really please anyone, so I guess if nothing is done, we are only left with the same amount of complaints.
2008.Jul.10, 04:14 PM

w00k Wrote:
ZeonOne Wrote:This Soft Cap that we are talking about, does it get a temporary lift during the Gym day?

No.

I thought so.

If the soft Cap was lifted, it would temp me to donate more money. That would be BAD.

Amend
2010.May.26, 11:18 AM
RE: Idea for the attack refills
interesting

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.May.26, 01:31 PM
RE: Idea for the attack refills
Holy shit this is an old thread. This was posted the day I started playing. I really like the cost of refills at my level and do not want to see them any higher. At 112 creds per refresh, I get a little over 100 dev' per train at very highest I've seen refreshes was 196.

I smoke like a chimney, matta fact I smoke like a gun when the killer sees his enemy