What have i missed?
2011.Oct.08, 03:07 PM
RE: What have i missed?
I can't remember a major update when people didn't complain about some flaw or some disadvantage from it.

People bitch to get updates and then bitch when they get updates. whether they bitch because the update is to small, meaningless to them, unfair for nondonators or donators, its not an update they suggested, etc..

Its all well and grand to suggest and update. but its not gonna change the fact that A) Zen doesnt like your update B) Zen may be incapable of creating this update C) this update may change the game dynamics entirely....

Its not our game, we do not own it. The owner will do what they please with it. If you do not like what you have, leave. It's that simple.

If i were the administrator, and if this wasn't my primary source of income, i would say the hell with updates, nothin but a whiney group of players anyways.

edit: Not everyone complains, and some people may complain every once in awhile, we may all be guilty of that in some way or another, but the constant pissing and moaning is counter productive.
This post was last modified: 2011.Oct.08 03:10 PM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2011.Oct.08, 05:05 PM
updates should be released as BETA where we can actually use them, but they arent set in stone. they can be altered, tweeked, changed or even dropped if they dont seem to fit. eg. the multi player attacks and turn based attacks i believe were discussed but never implemented. they would be best tested and potentially implemented as a BETA to the community.

the forums would be a good source of feedback about the update, and time wouldnt be wasted coding behind closed doors, trying to predict how an implement will effect the game. either would effect the game in a major way, and shouldnt be released unless it is certain to alter the game positively... hense why it was never released because you can never be certain, unless you release it as a BETA to test it as you develop it.

its a form of agile development, has anything been done like this before?

Wu tang
2011.Oct.08, 05:13 PM
we kinda tested the new fight code prior to implementation, but i'm not sure how it ultimately ended up working

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻