Poll: Should the results of losing a gang war be changed?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Gang Wars
2007.Jun.01, 09:35 AM
Gang Wars
Gang wars have always been a part of the game, yet every time a gang that has been around for a long time loses, long-standing members quit. I personally like gang wars, but don't like seeing players who have been with us for a long time quit due to the frustrating results.

I've tried to stem the tide a bit in the past with variable respect changes due to the power of the attacker/defender, but it's not helping out. If you do respond, please respond with constructive posts to improve the situation if you guys think it needs changing.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.01, 09:51 AM

maybe once a gang sends their surrender, the attackers only get half the respect and that degrades over time (like the half life of old stuff) so that if the attacking gang refuses to accept surrender it gets harder and harder to "wipe out" the gang.
2007.Jun.01, 09:51 AM

Something should be changed. Maybe instead of deleting gang it stays at zero respect and they can no longer commit organized crimes until they get the respect up?

There are many other options that could be done also. This is just one of them.
2007.Jun.01, 10:13 AM

How about changing the war format.

for example you declare war on a gang and then the two gangs race to a set number of kills, say something like 50.

The first gang to that level wins the war and gains a number of respect based on the power level of the gang that they beat.

the losers lose a chunk of respect based on the power level of the gang that beat them.

also you would not be able to declare war on the same gang you just beat for a set period of time.

thoughts on this?
2007.Jun.01, 10:27 AM

Saerin Wrote:How about changing the war format.

for example you declare war on a gang and then the two gangs race to a set number of kills, say something like 50.

The first gang to that level wins the war and gains a number of respect based on the power level of the gang that they beat.

the losers lose a chunk of respect based on the power level of the gang that beat them.

also you would not be able to declare war on the same gang you just beat for a set period of time.

thoughts on this?

This is also a good Idea, maybe you could have the option to pick what type of war you want to wage.
Example:
Personal = the way it is now
Respect = the idea above
2007.Jun.01, 10:34 AM

All awesome ideas. Keep them coming.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.01, 10:58 AM

as I stated before I dont like the ease of killing off gangs....too many real emotions goes on there...i like the 0 respect idea...at that point the war is over and the gang in question has like....maybe 2 weeks or so to get the respect back above 20 before they are disbanded. During that time no one can declare on them..maybe?

doh
2007.Jun.01, 11:08 AM

gtoofs Wrote:as I stated before I dont like the ease of killing off gangs....too many real emotions goes on there...i like the 0 respect idea...at that point the war is over and the gang in question has like....maybe 2 weeks or so to get the respect back above 20 before they are disbanded. During that time no one can declare on them..maybe?

Agreed, real emotions DO get involved, even though it's just a game. I don't want to make gang wars pointless, but I also don't want to see good players leave because they got spanked.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.01, 12:01 PM

in my opinion, i think a more realistic approach to the gang wars would be best

here is my thoughts:

in real life, you try to start a gang, and as soon as you do a rival gang kicks your ass. what happens? everyone loses interest, the surviving members decide that it isnt worth fighting against them

in a different light, your gang is old and experienced, many of you are close friends, and a rival gang tears you to shreds. what happens? the remaining members stick together to fight, and try to rebuild

i think that there should be a minimum age to gangs, or SOMETHING of the sort. minimum respect gained (total from crimes and gang wars), minimum something, and once you reach that benchmark, your gang will not be destroyed, or at least not easily.

if you create a gang and then it gets thrown to 0 respect in a week becaus u start too many wars, your gang should definitely be GONE. if your gang is a year old and has old members with a ton of earned respect and crimes together, that should not fall apart easily.

and maybe further on that, older gangs lose respect just as easily, but once under 100 fall far slower than newer gangs. that kind of idea makes sense to me, because an older gang will always have more respect than a newer gang, even if the newer gang is feared.
2007.Jun.01, 12:25 PM

If we want to stick close to real life, then maybe old gangs who had the same members for a while should gain daily/weekly points. After all, in real life, if you hear about a gang that has been going for years (lets say weeks for here), its rep only goes up as people talk more about it and comes to fear it.

Maybe once a gang has reached, say, 120 days it slowly starts to gain points on a regular basis and the rate could increase every x days/weeks.

I also like the idea of staying at zero with a limited time to get some points back without the possibility of being declared. (like if they were building back in the shadow after being overrunned by a bigger gang and boom, back in the lights after those 2 weeks)