Poll: Should the results of losing a gang war be changed?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Gang Wars
2007.Jun.01, 08:05 PM

maybe like certain gangs that have the same or close to the same lvl peole can only attack each other and then theres like once a month were theres like a week in the month were its a free for all gang war, were everyone can attack each other, that way there isnt that many gangs, and the game doesnt get filled up with them.
2007.Jun.02, 12:15 AM

Perhaps instead of taking the gang to zero put a floor on how low they can go during war....say 15. Then they lose 1 respect everyday until they get it above a certain level...say 20.

Then make it so that you cannot declare war on a gang under 20 respect.

This gives them some time to earn their respect back, either through gang crimes or war with someone else, before being disbanded.
2007.Jun.02, 09:43 AM

i would ahve to as as well to the no waring with ppl under 20 respect..

if there is some way if a gang is in war and reaches 20 or under respect due to that way the war is auto surrendered..that way there still not locked in when they reach under 20 respect..
2007.Jun.02, 11:16 AM

You knew I was gonna give it, so here's my two cents.

Have the way gangs are managed changed. Firstly, Gangs, like players, have levels. It takes a certain amount of respect to "level up" a gang, when you level up, you get an additional member slot, along with a new armory slot (for a weapon or armor) And yes, that is hinging on the idea that zenith adds an armory for gangs. There could be other bonuses for levelling up as well such as your gangs defensive bonus or an attack bonus. Maybe even make this selectable by the president.

So, respect now acting like experience, here are the results of a loss, you DO continue to lose respect, but only until you reach zero of your current gang level, much like player levels. This ends a current war, once a gang reaches 0 respect toward the next level. You cannot de-level a gang, only keep them from levelling up.
2007.Jun.02, 12:11 PM

Here's my 2 cents.

Prices on gangs should be dropped drastic, and I mean by 80-90% of the current prices.

When me and the first gang mates built up Pimpstars to a 10-11slot gang we spent everything we earned for weeks it seemed. Yes nowadays due to donations the gang upgrades are tons easier, but this is a free game to begin with, and 90% of the times gangs are upgraded with hard work and over long time. We fight to get up in respect and to increase gang size so that all friends can join.

That's why it's dragging people away from the game when big gangs are destroyed at a whim, just because people are bored.

Max respect taken from a gang in a war should be limited. Like say, 4 gangs declare war on 1 gang, and then they can only take a total of 50% respect from that gang, and 1 single gang can only take 30% respect.

After the 30% or 50% limit has been reached all wars against that gang are cancelled, and no one can attack the gang for 1-2weeks since it goes into a "defence stance/mode" , to rebuild and prepare to war to get up in respect again.

The option to disband should be there still, but it should be ALOT harder to do it, since it's done just because people wanna "clean up".

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jun.02, 01:10 PM

Very decent idea Dru. ☺☼
2007.Jun.02, 01:21 PM

Rather than just destroy a gang, I could always make it where you don't lose respect. You only gain it. Knee-jerk reaction, but could be a temporary solution.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.02, 01:35 PM

zenith Wrote:Rather than just destroy a gang, I could always make it where you don't lose respect. You only gain it. Knee-jerk reaction, but could be a temporary solution.

decent idea, but what would be the point of fighting back if you don't lose respect?
2007.Jun.02, 01:51 PM

mudpies Wrote:decent idea, but what would be the point of fighting back if you don't lose respect?
Loss of gameplaying maybe?

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Jun.02, 02:00 PM

zenith Wrote:Rather than just destroy a gang, I could always make it where you don't lose respect. You only gain it. Knee-jerk reaction, but could be a temporary solution.

yea there isnt really a point in attackin or even much playin if your gonna attack someone and not make them lose something.