New forum rules?
2011.Jan.05, 06:50 PM
RE: New forum rules?
(2011.Jan.05 06:40 PM)Monk Wrote:  I do it out of love.

right, so then the random and numerous burning of post will continue I assume?
2011.Jan.05, 07:13 PM
This is going to hurt me alot more than its going to hurt you. Everything will be moderated to a trash bin so moderators can moderate each others moderation.

3:36 pm You received $36 from Mac.

12,600,036$ robbed from him.
2011.Jan.05, 07:31 PM
I like the new rules. Especially the death of the word "farg".

I think we all know what is tolerable and what is not. If you have to question it....Yes. If you don't question it and you cross the line then you'll learn the lesson.
2011.Jan.05, 07:39 PM
ok, so if I abbreviate a dirty word is my post going to be deleted and result in a warning? It's a serious question monk, are mods going to continue to delete posts or not?
2011.Jan.05, 07:43 PM
Those old word filters were supposed to be funny. At least they were funny in Johnny Dangerously.
Roman Moroni from Johnny Dangerously Wrote:I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2011.Jan.05, 07:45 PM
(2011.Jan.05 07:43 PM)zenith Wrote:  Those old word filters were supposed to be funny. At least they were funny in Johnny Dangerously.
Roman Moroni from Johnny Dangerously Wrote:I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

I'd say the majority of AL hasn't seen Johnny Dangerously. Way too young.
2011.Jan.06, 01:01 AM
(2011.Jan.05 06:36 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  are we allowed to make fun of homos or make sexist remarks about how dumb women are?

when is that ever wrong. women are inferior and should remain in the kitchen. and homos, well, nothing really to say about them except they are the scum of the earth

Now is the time for me to rise to my feet. Wipe your spit from my face. Wipe these tears from my eyes. Ive got to take my life back, one chance to make it right. Ive gotta have my voice be heard and bring meaning to this life.
2011.Jan.06, 06:33 AM
(2011.Jan.05 12:12 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  People are already complaining about the rules? Really? They are about as common sense as you can get, and what you should expect forum rules to be.

Also, it may be better for the rules to be open to opinion instead of every tiny offense results in a ban. This way mods can judge whether or not you are joking around or truly being offensive.

How about we lay off the rules until an actual problem occurs.

Im only pointing out that all that really happened was that they laid off the word filter. They left everything as vague as it was before, and open to be edited for any reason. There should guidelines that all staff have to follow, not what each one feels is necessary. Lay out some actual rules Zen, not foo foo BS that gives you an out for everything.

There was a long 20 page stickied thread with suggestions awhile back...it got zapped and nothing was taken from it even though there where tons of great ideas.

A mod should have to mail a person in game and discuss what they think happened in the forum and be willing to be proven wrong.

And to all of you saying that everyone should know what they are posting and the rules are fine you obviously havent had dozens and dozens of your posts get zapped or get warnings for going slightly off topic or going off topic in a thread that was going nowhere. And I suppose you havent ever clicked on last post and seen the "this page does not exist".

Hopefully Zen got rid of that POS idiot worhtless wanna be mod bddumbfuck.

(2011.Jan.06 01:01 AM)ditallica Wrote:  
(2011.Jan.05 06:36 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  are we allowed to make fun of homos or make sexist remarks about how dumb women are?

when is that ever wrong. women are inferior and should remain in the kitchen. and homos, well, nothing really to say about them except they are the scum of the earth

Kitchen spelled backwards is woman.
This post was last modified: 2011.Jan.06 06:33 AM by Brugada.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2011.Jan.06, 06:57 AM
i do think the rules are fine.. i dont see what the big deal is really, if your post is seen as offensive by a mod, and it gets taken down. big deal, so what if a few people dont get to read it? its better then letting half the stuff AL comes up with stay in the forums.

Remember what happened to the BG.

if you cant post without being offensive then you probably shouldnt be posting.

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2011.Jan.06, 07:06 AM
I don't post much but i def understand both sides if the argument.

From brus punt of view something might offend someone even if it wasn't meant to be offensive. As an example someone (I think it was pun please excuse me if I'm wrong) made a comment about a ***** Luke the animal however soneobe took it as meaning a diragutory term for an African American so the whole flew if posts including the original one which was on topic got removed. That's fucking stupid.

And on zens side she cites common sense as well as several ppl arguing her point in this thread. I don't doubt that a lot of it is common sense. I've been banned a handful if times and everytime I have been i was expecting it. As were most ppl u would have to assume.

The biggest issues is the gray area and u really don't think its that complicated for a kid to simply mail the poster after deleting a post or right before to discuss it with them after all sometimes you really are just talking about an animal and not trying to be a racist prick