Question for the ever absent admin.
2010.Dec.04, 11:22 AM
Question for the ever absent admin.
Why is it that we get teased with all sorts of possible updates but we never see anything?

11-11-10 - Zen spent a week trying to update the anti bot code.

10-20-10 - Supposedly finalized the rules for the new gang battle code.
"I have a couple of other code changes that are done that need testing. Will probably release these during the week or the weekend."

Nothing was released.

10-3-10 - Zen fixed the issues from the previous update she was working on. "Started coding" the heart beat system the following week. Hmm, a month to code the heart beat system?

9-29-10 - Gang wars supposedly revamped, nothing ever changed. Bunch of useless information.

9-24-10 - Working on finding a way to make AJAX (interactive combat) work.

Prior to that it was the combat code if I'm not mistaken.

My point with this post Zenith, You really need to either give some content, or let someone else handle the game. The lack of real game updates and additions is making the game staler than a bag of chips left open for 3 years.

There are tons of little things that could be added without a whole lot of coding, more crimes would be good. More NPCs, the gang turrets, I mean really the list can go on and on. The crimes would be the easiest since you already have a base for that, and thinking new end results and types of crimes is rather easy.

SHOW us that you still CARE about the game, or GTFO and let someone else have it.

FYI, I know that this is pointless, and I know that people will post here saying "blah blah blah" but whatever, its time to actually call Zen out on all this shit she's been spewing without actually giving anything to back it up. It's like she's a pathological liar to be honest.

Give the heavy donators a reason to start donating again, give us a reason to try to entice other players to come back and refer new players to the game.

P.S. I am sending a direct link to this post to Zens ingame mail, she really needs to address the community instead of sending half ass updates through Bconrad. The idea behind Bconrad bring us updates is cool, but realistically it's failing like her coding skills. Neutral

Speak up Zen. We as the AL community are waiting for you to actually follow through on your word instead of handing us empty promises. Explain to us WHY you arent updating the game.
2010.Dec.04, 11:28 AM
RE: Question for the ever absent admin.
How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know.

Don't be chuckin' stuff about... if you're surrounded by glass, and what have ya. - Karl Pilkington
2010.Dec.04, 11:30 AM
(2010.Dec.04 11:28 AM)DebbiePinson Wrote:  How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know.

3278 Smile

And, also as an added note, the updates in the newspaper are shit. I'm talking GAME CONTENT here, not bug fixes etc.
2010.Dec.04, 11:53 AM
I find it sad that Zen cant even take 2 minutes to post an update here. But she can take that time to email some hunyak, to have him post it here.

Im sure you wont get anything even close to an answer from Zen BL. She will post more questions to you than addressing any real issues.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Dec.04, 11:55 AM
I agree with you she should pass it along bc my assumption is she doesn't have the time anymore.

When I first started I got the impression Zen was either independently wealthy or survived off in game donations and her husband/boyfriend (the gentlemen that the paypal account is in). The independently wealthy idea got wiped out when err left bc if she was wealthy she could pay him not to leave and "an opportunity he couldn't refuse" in my mind generally means money and job stability which one would draw the assumption that Zen was unable to give him either. In the event she was surviving off donations I think its safe to say that's not the case anymore. While I'm sure ppl still donate the credit market is pretty decent evidence that they don't donate as much or as frequently. So its possible she had to get a real job to pay the bills or her significant other got tired of her not being able to contribute equally and told her to get a real job. Both of which mean if she is working a real job full or part time she would have considerably less time to do what is needed to keep the game fresh

And the "tease updates" are things she is genuinely working on but she runs into some sort of trouble and instead of it taking a day or two to fix it takes weeks or months bc she can only code an hour or so a day.

And as crunchy has pointed out time and time again the little tjings she's added would take someone a very short period of time maybe those are the things she actually has time to implement and its supposed to be a good faith gesture.

Regardless some form of comment on the topic is def needed I agree 100% there. And personally I don't think any of what I just wrote is true I think she sold the game some time ago. Just playing devils advocate
2010.Dec.04, 12:10 PM
I for one am kind of glad she is not coding. Don't remember how long ago it was but I found myself with 200 bucks I was going to donate and get a bigger house and more end. I saved that cash waiting for the changes she was going to make. I also put away an extra 25 a month. That was about what I had donated before. This fall before hunting started I found this nice new bow I wanted. What do you know I had enough money saved to pay cash. Have 125 more saved right now about 4 or 5 more months of this I will have a new scope for my rifle. Thanks zen!

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2010.Dec.04, 12:17 PM
I could rattle off a dozen simple additions that are just using adjusted previous code.

I have a full time job and manage to play this game all the time, more effort on Zen's end would be nice.

I think this simply comes down to Zen being a code snob, she finds it interesting to try to create grandiose combat/war systems, where to me it is just much of the same. She thinks expanding the game w/ more crimes, npc's and such isn't fun. The attacking Jack Mort addition, I think is great, why don't the other NPC's already do it?

Either way I and obviously others want more stuff, as lame as you think it is Zen. So how bout a new "Sym-Pak" like crime in rural?
This post was last modified: 2010.Dec.04 12:18 PM by 2asandab.
2010.Dec.04, 12:23 PM
Zen is in no need for money. This game was for fun. Zen is no longer having fun. Kind of hard to get the motivation to do things when you aren't having fun doing it. The constant trash talk of her coding skills and other digs do not help her motivation.

This was nothing more than a hobby Zen happened to make money off of.

If she wanted to, she could do nothing that creates any kind of in cash flow for the rest of her life, and live without wanting for a single thing.

That is a fact.
This post was last modified: 2010.Dec.04 12:24 PM by InPaceRequiscat.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Dec.04, 12:57 PM
(2010.Dec.04 12:23 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  This game was for fun. Zen is no longer having fun. Kind of hard to get the motivation to do things when you aren't having fun doing it. The constant trash talk of her coding skills and other digs do not help her motivation.

We would not trash her if she DID SOMETHING.

We get nothing but empty promises, if you were to pay more attention to what was being said, you'd see that. It's pretty clear that I'm calling Zenith out and giving her a chance to defend herself. I have stuck up for her in the past, and I'm sure I will in the future but she needs to either stop telling people she's going to do something, or start following through with it.

This thread is not meant for you all to "come to her rescue", but simply a chance for her to actually TALK TO US instead of ignoring us.

(2010.Dec.04 12:23 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Zen is in no need for money.

And you know this how?
This post was last modified: 2010.Dec.04 12:58 PM by BadLuck.
2010.Dec.04, 01:06 PM
(2010.Dec.04 12:23 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Zen is in no need for money. This game was for fun. Zen is no longer having fun. Kind of hard to get the motivation to do things when you aren't having fun doing it. The constant trash talk of her coding skills and other digs do not help her motivation.

If she wanted to, she could do nothing that creates any kind of in cash flow for the rest of her life, and live without wanting for a single thing.

That is a fact.

All inaccurate and wrong information. No surprise coming from inpeen though.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.