Question for the ever absent admin.
2010.Dec.05, 01:43 AM
RE: Question for the ever absent admin.
(2010.Dec.05 01:42 AM)Mock8800 Wrote:  I still wondering when "athletic training provides good pay at high levels"
is going to happen. I think a level 10 medic makes as much as a level 20 athlete

people do careers for the actual wages you get from them?

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Dec.05, 07:56 AM
(2010.Dec.04 06:20 PM)McCule Wrote:  Borg Removal.

+10

Help CrunchyBlack Here!!!!

Smoke dis, smoke dat, smoke weed, smoke crack
Everybody gettin' high, high off they fuckin' sac
2010.Dec.05, 09:04 AM
yep.....cp uses at high levels was my biggest complaint nearly 2 years ago....i agree on the borg removal...at the time her quagmire was how and how much humanity to restore if any and if a scientist was needed to help in assisting with the removal...i did the same thing saving my cps as did all those const and engineering folks whose careers are solely based on gang wars that are useless now

quick easy adds are new skills, classes, crimes and districts...even additions to houses and gang hideouts....all easy to add
This post was last modified: 2010.Dec.05 09:05 AM by Punisher.

doh
2010.Dec.05, 09:40 AM
(2010.Dec.05 01:42 AM)Mock8800 Wrote:  I still wondering when "athletic training provides good pay at high levels"
is going to happen. I think a level 10 medic makes as much as a level 20 athlete

Rafal got hosed because of that false description. What a waste of good CP's

I smoke like a chimney, matta fact I smoke like a gun when the killer sees his enemy
2010.Dec.05, 09:57 AM
In all fairness - all careers get exponentially less worthwhile after a certain point.

Manufacturers, for example, can charge belts at level 4. Febiani belts starting at 205%. You can finally start charging DeMags (which nobody uses) at level 7 or 8 (can't remember).

Now, at level 13 - I can charge Febiani belts to 217%. You can imagine how much time/CP's it took to go from level 4 to 13. A TON of points that could have gone to stat conversion/building.

The difference in the game? ONE FIGHT. One fight will take your belt from 217% to 205% (or so).

FTR... One of the last times I did speak to Zen, she said it's hard to keep updating the game because the motivation for her to even keep it open is diminishing. She felt like people just complained and whined all the time - and that she had no real "incentive" to keep it updating and running. Zen is a good person though - I just don't fully understand what goes on in her mind when/why/how it comes to AL anymore.

I may be a bit biased, but it does seem like this game did take a sour turn right about the time Err left.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2010.Dec.05, 09:58 AM
(2010.Dec.05 09:57 AM)NastyFO Wrote:  it does seem like this game did take a sour turn right about the time Err left.

+1. Err was an very integral part of this game.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Dec.05, 10:01 AM
(2010.Dec.05 09:04 AM)Punisher Wrote:  yep.....cp uses at high levels was my biggest complaint nearly 2 years ago....i agree on the borg removal...at the time her quagmire was how and how much humanity to restore if any and if a scientist was needed to help in assisting with the removal...i did the same thing saving my cps as did all those const and engineering folks whose careers are solely based on gang wars that are useless now

quick easy adds are new skills, classes, crimes and districts...even additions to houses and gang hideouts....all easy to add

quick easy adds +1, but borg removal should be first. Half back humanity, problem solved.

As for gang wars not mattering, I'm pretty sure we could declare on SV right now and show that is not true. If not let the farming begin. IMO wars are the most fun part of the game.

In general I think each career needs a couple new special abilities.
2010.Dec.05, 10:02 AM
(2010.Dec.05 09:57 AM)NastyFO Wrote:  In all fairness - all careers get exponentially less worthwhile after a certain point.

Manufacturers, for example, can charge belts at level 4. Febiani belts starting at 205%. You can finally start charging DeMags (which nobody uses) at level 7 or 8 (can't remember).

Now, at level 13 - I can charge Febiani belts to 217%. You can imagine how much time/CP's it took to go from level 4 to 13. A TON of points that could have gone to stat conversion/building.

The difference in the game? ONE FIGHT. One fight will take your belt from 217% to 205% (or so).

FTR... One of the last times I did speak to Zen, she said it's hard to keep updating the game because the motivation for her to even keep it open is diminishing. She felt like people just complained and whined all the time - and that she had no real "incentive" to keep it updating and running. Zen is a good person though - I just don't fully understand what goes on in her mind when/why/how it comes to AL anymore.

I may be a bit biased, but it does seem like this game did take a sour turn right about the time Err left.

Well this has been fairly evident for a while. Id say shes about a vagina hair away from shutting down the server and walking away, but its a cash cow. Free money from those who still donate. Bottom line is people are always going to complain and argue, its called life, not just a text based game. The empty promises are the real issue here. I realize she isnt going to flat out say "Im tired of coding for you sh1theads and wont be doing any updates, but please keep donating", but at least address your people on the matter.

Don't be chuckin' stuff about... if you're surrounded by glass, and what have ya. - Karl Pilkington
2010.Dec.05, 10:04 AM
(2010.Dec.05 10:02 AM)DebbiePinson Wrote:  
(2010.Dec.05 09:57 AM)NastyFO Wrote:  In all fairness - all careers get exponentially less worthwhile after a certain point.

Well this has been fairly evident for a while. Id say shes about a vagina hair away from shutting down the server and walking away, but its a cash cow. Free money from those who still donate. Bottom line is people are always going to complain and argue, its called life, not just a text based game. The empty promises are the real issue here. I realize she isnt going to flat out say "Im tired of coding for you sh1theads and wont be doing any updates, but please keep donating", but at least address your people on the matter.

I totally agree.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2010.Dec.05, 10:59 AM
I make 71k a year at level 7 in athletics. When I was newer the description fooled me into thinking I would be making a good sum of money in Athletics. After I talked to Raf I realized that was never going to happen and had wasted my time. However I was too in depth in my career to switch.

Also I liked to point out a medic of my same level "I believe" makes 142k a year.

Had I known the truth I would have had 225,780 dev points in str.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!