IDK about u guys
2010.Nov.25, 07:48 AM
RE: IDK about u guys
(2010.Nov.25 07:36 AM)JagerBomb Wrote:  
(2010.Nov.25 03:33 AM)shadow55 Wrote:  i dont mind it, but i would like to see more contests like the tenbot one, where you get back something even if you dont come 1st, because these contests are expensive, and with the 24 hour players and refreshers we dont get much chance. By we i mean those who have to go to work and cant stay up all night, so i only get about 8 hours on the contest. I still give it a go for the fun of it but i think it'd be a lot more interesting with little random bonuses every now and then etc.

if you aint first you're last

Fixed
This post was last modified: 2010.Nov.25 07:48 AM by Howl.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2010.Nov.25, 08:05 AM
(2010.Nov.25 12:49 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  but i think a lot of people are hesitant to participate in these contests b/c they are costly.

either costly to energy, AP, or to stims and bails

what if there was a form of holiday points?

like, merry christmas, you have 250 xmas points to spend. good luck hunting elves.

then u have 250 chances to hunt elves with random encounters, maybe not going to the hospital every 5 seconds, and everyone will participate, as it would be foolish not to

thoughts?

i like the idea i think it deserves a try

Wu tang
2010.Nov.25, 08:08 AM
I enjoy these combat type contests ... and usually there are consolation prizes (i.e. tenbot credits, leprechaun clovers, candy canes) ...

How long it takes to post the results is insane, and I think there should always be uniques handed out for the the winners. More is More.
Also why not have a contest on a English Holiday, so the Americans can have all day, uninterrupted.

Just my thoughts, I always have fun w/ the contests.
Happy Thanksgiving, Go Pats!
2010.Nov.25, 08:53 AM
Do turkeys drop anything or will only the top couple get something? Like it's been said above, if there aren't any incentives for those with no hope to win, I don't usually participate.
2010.Nov.25, 08:53 AM
(2010.Nov.25 08:53 AM)fngMalvos Wrote:  Do turkeys drop anything or will only the top couple get something? Like it's been said above, if there aren't any incentives for those with no hope to win, I don't usually participate.

The same as it's been the past like 3 years. Only the top couple get anything
2010.Nov.25, 09:16 AM
i think it would be a good idea to hide unique items in a few turkeys so obviously the more you kill the better chance you have to find one. But everyone still has a chance to get one...

Wu tang
2010.Nov.25, 09:17 AM
(2010.Nov.25 08:53 AM)BadLuck Wrote:  The same as it's been the past like 3 years.

Yep, same boring old contest. Fun? Eh.

Some good suggestions here. Hopefully Zen considers them in the next 6-13 years.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2010.Nov.25, 09:19 AM
(2010.Nov.25 12:49 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  but i think a lot of people are hesitant to participate in these contests b/c they are costly.

either costly to energy, AP, or to stims and bails

thoughts?

lol, a little off topic, but I'm half drunk from being up all night cooking and thought you wrote "stims and balls". Sorry, it just made me laugh

DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN BOTHER, IM SURE NEXT TIME I CHECK THE FORUM THIS GODDAMN POST WILL BE GONE ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVERBOARD MODS ON A FRIGGIN HOLIDAY. GET A LIFE
This post was last modified: 2010.Nov.25 09:27 AM by bebopcrew420.

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.
2010.Nov.25, 09:21 AM
I do like how there is a progressive running total so you can see how you are compared to the rest.

I'm willing to assume it turns off players like me who see they have NO SHOT at catching the people at the top because I just woke up.

Ah, well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Gobble Gobble!

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2010.Nov.25, 09:25 AM
Wouldn't the simple fix be to have both? Like the candy canes last christmas, or tenbot credits. Players could use them so they could take down giants, or sell them and make a ton of money.

These things don't have to be super-special, they just need to keep people involved, and benefit everyone for participating. Wouldn't it be awesome to get an item that charges your belt for you? Like, one-time use? Or low-weight high-heal stims and food. That would be great.

The tenbot credit was the greatest variation I had found in competitions. Everyone got what they put into it to some degree and on top of it, got to choose their reward.

Having a unique up for grabs would be the icing on the cake.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.