NEW SHOOTOUT COMP FRIDAY 18TH
2007.May.18, 06:38 PM

dayute Wrote:I have to work tommorrow night so I'm not participating. Please dont hospitalize me.

I guess the tool didn't want to listen.
2007.May.18, 09:20 PM

:!: The following story is based on fiction. Any character resemblance whether physically, facially, or mentally is only a coincidence. No royalties will be passed on to any person or persons claiming to be one of the people portrayed in this story. This is a copy righted material and cannot be duplicated, copied or electronically passed on without the authors consent :!:

Idea ***Introduction*** Idea

Thousands of years ago, humans were innocent and naïve. As the epoch changes, the generation also changes. They became more inquisitive but insatiable. Our planet Eveille has experienced drastic changes from the Stone-Age Era up to the present, and up to now changes still occurs. Oh yes, it is now 2023 and the world is completely changing…

The New World
Author: Jeangrey :massivegrin:

Prologue
I felt my own blood dripping down over my face, arms, and legs. I tried to move my arms but it looks like they were both broken. I watched my comrades with distraught inside my heart as I saw them falling on the ground helplessly. I had passed my time limit already. The pain…its slowly eating me…my vision is starting to blur…then suddenly all went black.

*** 5:01 a.m , 16th of May, 2023. Downtown Decatur, Awakened Lands City. :roll:

I woke up from my specialized “bed” capsule. It was five in the morning already and I have to be in my office at five and a half. I quickly ate a tiny capsule for my breakfast and went to my shower and dressing room at the same place. I looked at my atomic watch and 15 minutes to go before time or else I will be reprimanded again for being late. I started to panic when I remembered the teleporting device on my office was under a stupid maintenance thing. So I have to use the old fashion way, the FCFST (First Come First Serve Train). But I hate riding on this kind of train; this train is all about luck because the flow of people is very unpredictable. Sometimes you will arrive first in the line and sometimes you will be last. Yes, the last out of 1666 passengers, one of the worst experiences I ever experienced in my entire life. Honestly, if I could just afford the worth 1000 drachmae ride in FAST (Faster than A Second Train) then I don’t have to go to the wishing fountain. I arrived at the terminal at 5:26 a.m., and as I expected that luck is not with me for today, I am number 323, not that bad though. I bought the Awakened Times newspaper for something to read while waiting. I quickly opened it on my favorite section, the Lifestyle and Technology. There was one article that caught my eye:

“Infotech: by Nightrain - The Pestilence have come up with a new prototype of cyborg that will be used as a robotic cop to stop the growth of the gangs in each district mainly on Downtown Decatur on which was found out being terrorized by 10 gangs and counting. This new invention was called Ushanewnewborg. The man behind this machine was formerly known as Ushano…”

I knew him, I encountered him once…- He was a typical policeman, but one day, because of so much desperation, he planned to raid a reported hideout of the Bad Muthas gang without the consent of the general of A.L.N.G. (Awakened Lands National Guard) He brought with him the special squad, Ronin. Upon arriving the said hideout, they discovered that it was not a hideout at all but a bloody battle ground being caught in the middle of a gang war. Bullets dashing and flying everywhere, axes and swords were clashing and slashing. The task force was caught in a surprise that they didn’t manage to retaliate, having the most casualties after the short war. There were 7 found dead, all from the Ronin squad, and 12 injured. One of the fatally injured was Ushano who was smacked down by a Broyles Combat Axe in the face and arm. It was so severe that his broken arm was cut and its skin was used to cover his muscles on his face. The result was horrible. According to the survivors, there were 3 gangs involved in that war, namely: Bad Muthas, 499ers and Super Villains.

It was 5:46 in the morning already. My heart was beating fast; my boss will castigate me again. I stepped on the train and sat on the 2nd row. I opened the newspaper again this time on news section. The headline was about a cyborg that gone wild and berserk in a bar in the Industrial District. According to the report:

“… a couple was having a dirty dancing when the cyborg bartender joined them, the woman in name of Rogue, got pissed off and pushed the cyborg away. The cyborg tried to retaliate but her husband, Gambit, threw a card bomb on its neck. But instead of stopping the cyborg, it became worse. It threw all the things around it and even the humans around it. Eventually, it stopped because of fuel leakage. The cyborg was found out to be a....”

My attention on the article was captivated by a gent that just sat beside me. The gent looks freaky in all views. I don’t know if it’s just a costume or what, but this gent has a large beak on his face and a long feather like hair. His eyes are color gold that looks so sharp and ready-to-kill look. His wearing a, hmmm, let’s say a modern type of kalasiris. There was a nameplate on it, I tried to read it: P-e-s-t H-a--… - too hard to read. The lettering looks so weird. I look out the window and saw the building of my office. I stood up and pulled the stopper ringer of the train. The bird-like gent stared at me like I am his prey. I didn’t stare back.

I took a very deep breath and continued my way down to the B10 ground level. I looked at my watch and its 5:50 a.m. already. I am 20 minutes late. I was surprised by the new look of our door, on it was a warning: The door knob eats hands! I just smirked and opened it right away. I was greeted by a good friend of mine, Ms. Jean with a ‘you have done it again’ look. The meeting had started already; I missed the introduction part…
“… and tomorrow guys bring all the toys ya can bring with ya and we are goin to hav a vig party!” “And now for our appetizer for this day, you know all now what to do.” He veered to my direction. “You have informed them right?”

My work is pretty simple (for me), I am the playmaker of our O.C.

*19 hours ago*

For today, my assignment is to scout on D-Dubbs Subs, a gun-store. Dexter, the owner of the store, never runs his business fairly against his other competitors. His modus operandi was like this: He will hire a hit man from (commonly his customers) a gang known in the district. Then every customer that comes out of Mikko Peru’s will be threatened or mugged or dehumanized, or the worst, be killed. It is now the best time for his karma to shine down on him. –LOL- Opening and closing time-check; number of guards-check; number of hidden cameras-check; has the right stock-check. Location of storage room-check. Ok, so all-in-all : 7:00 a.m. – 9 p.m.; 2 daft guards outside; 2 hidden cameras: one in the shop, one in the storage room; 10 armalite peacekeepers; room at 2 o’clock.

“So this is the plan according to our gorgeous dramaturge, Dexter usually arrives at 7:30 a.m., so we will do it at 7:01 sharp. Nitro, you will plant a 5 minute time bomb that will automatically stop at 1 sec. Jean Grey will draw the guards’ attention by telling them that you saw a bomb planted at the back of the shop. I and Bishop will enter with our favorite Marvel mask on. Ms. Brigante will have a look-out from 3rd floor of the donation house. Bring with you your G3 SG/1 and snipe anyone 50-100 m away from the shop to make the people more confused. Redskull and Quicksilver will be the look-out on the ground east and west while Tigerus will be in the south. Ghostrider, you will be waiting outside with your car for the get away. All clear? See ya tomorrow then!”
I
*** 6: 57 a.m. ***

4 minutes to go, I have too look for a good target now. Looks like they are all set and ready, we are only waiting for the time to tick in. – 3 minutes to go- the employees had opened the railings already, 2 more minutes and the OPEN sign will be in place. – 2 minutes to go- I looked at the Casanova Street, there is a rumble going on between two amateur gangsters. They look pretty good targets for me. One from each group will do…- 7:01 a.m.- Jean entered the scene, the guards quickly bite the set-up. All I have to do now is to aim and click. I aimed a guy with a Mohawk hairstyle on his hips. BANG. People started running everywhere but the rumble didn’t stop. The next victim is a huge man with a tattoo of a sniper rifle at his back. This time I hit him on the head. I smirked, and looked back at the shop. Bishop comes out the shop with a big sack on his back, and Punisher following him. I veered my direction to the employees inside. I felt something strange inside me. I change my view to the 4th floor of the shop. There on the top is a man, pointing something downwards. I stopped dead on my place…

To be continued…

Author’s End Note:
Because this story is really lengthy and lack of time to finish it I decided to make it “To be continued…” I want to hear your feedbacks, if you liked it then I will continue it if not then I better stop it. Lol

Here are some fiction facts that were not elaborated in the story:

Specialized “bed” capsule – this bed is for people who have a cyberware on their body. A 6 hours or more stay in it will give them 13 hours inhibition of cybernetic cells to the human body.
FCFST -100 seats, it takes 10 minutes for the train to go back and forth from Downtown to Rural vice-versa(Industrial in between;Midland and Underground not included)
Drachmae- it is worth $50 per 1 drachmae
2007.May.18, 09:45 PM
Re:Feedback
Hubert Heinlein would be proud
2007.May.18, 10:13 PM

:!: DISCLAIMER :!:
The following story is pure fiction. Any character resemblance is only a coincidence, apart from the times when it isn't. No royalties will be passed on to any person/persons claiming to be in this story. All Rights Reserved
:!: DISCLAIMER :!:

This is Vernon P. Bradshaw reporting live for ALTV 5 - this just in:
It appears as if Downtown Decatur is overrun by an organised group that calls itself the "Vocalist Society of the Mentally Chalenged Thuglife Rejects" [VSMCTR for short]. A (slim)shady character appears to claim leadership of the group - he calls himself Husler.
This individual bedazzled our reporters with his undisputed lyrical inferiority - he acctually made the camera crew vomit a little (all taken care of, no major concerns).
TO ALL AwakenedLanders: do not be alarmed - the AL R&D dept. is on the case / they promise the release of the "Husler-Proof Ear Plugs" - not too pricy, easy to use, completely isolating from the environment.
This is all we have at the moment - we will keep you updated with any new development.

- keeping you informed, this is Vernon P. Bradshaw for ALTV 5. Have a pleasant, quiet night. Smile
2007.May.18, 10:23 PM

Whoo Hoo! noblebandit You go girl. I love it... and even if someone says they don't... PLEASE email me the rest!!
2007.May.18, 11:07 PM

I'd like to know who came out on top in the 3 gang war and if it was everyone against everyone.
2007.May.19, 01:51 AM

Nightrain's Shootout Challenge -

Nightrain has been kind enough to sponsor his own Shootout Challenge beginning 5:00pm on May 18th till May 20th at 5:00pm.

The challenge is free to join, and only costs action points to participate. Prizes are for levels 1-19.

shouldnt be 10 to 19 ?
2007.May.19, 04:10 AM

why can I participate if I was level 20 when it started, just to waste me Energy?
2007.May.19, 04:21 AM

it said up to levels 19 only... u were lv 20 for a long long time already
2007.May.19, 04:43 AM

Biggrin Noblebandit you have done an excellent job! By the time I could pass judgment on your writings I was emersed in its content....