Competitions???
2010.Jul.07, 03:13 AM
Competitions???
I am still quiet new to this game, so wondering if some of you older guys can spread some light on something for me.

I have noticed a lot of tags on people for a few things such as: -

February 2007 Activity Contest Third Place
Voted Most-Liked Player of 2006 by the community!
Elf Contest 2007 - Strength Winner (non-refresh)

Did you have more contests when the game first started?

Wouldn’t more competitions like the older days maybe increase activity give people away from the monotony of gym, leave, gym, leave or in my case bust, bust, bust.

Just wondering.
2010.Jul.07, 04:02 AM
RE: Competitions???
There seemed to be a lot more things going on a couple years ago. Maybe it's just me.
Read though the game updates(here http://forums.awakenedlands.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6 ).
You'll see for a long time updates were daily and the "newspaper" was constantly updated and archived. The past couple months haven't been that bad, but a couple years ago the newspaper couldn't hold a whole year's worth of news on a single page.

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.
2010.Jul.07, 04:25 AM
So then again! Maybe that update page stopped being used! Just wondering why? If Zen has set up competitions she has the coding already for them! I recon she should do a Reknak Jail Breaking one!

I would just like summat newish to me, okay for you guys playing a while but you seemed to get more in the older days!
2010.Jul.07, 05:06 AM
Seems to me those competitions are for older players who can afford a day away from the gym. Idk maybe the training competitions might be incentive.
The only comp I have seen was dominated by AL giants.
I have noticed tags on innactive players that haven't played since 06'
Maybe there were more aadmin back then.
2010.Jul.07, 05:08 AM
Naaa only Zen and Err.
2010.Jul.07, 05:31 AM
Well i dont think coding should be to hard, the coding is done, and hopefully saved. But alot of the competitions can be won by anyone and more based on luck than level. Like the Drinking ones and the 888 ones. I agree there used to be training ones etc... just like to see it more like it was, maybe to labour intensive for Zen to do?

And as to being low level and spending it in the Gym, that don't change as you get higher level, it gets worse! As it looks like you achieving nothing as it take months to gain a stat!
2010.Jul.07, 06:18 AM
(2010.Jul.07 03:13 AM)Reknak Wrote:  I am still quiet new to this game, so wondering if some of you older guys can spread some light on something for me.

I have noticed a lot of tags on people for a few things such as: -

February 2007 Activity Contest Third Place
Voted Most-Liked Player of 2006 by the community!
Elf Contest 2007 - Strength Winner (non-refresh)

Did you have more contests when the game first started?

Wouldn’t more competitions like the older days maybe increase activity give people away from the monotony of gym, leave, gym, leave or in my case bust, bust, bust.

Just wondering.

Tags were a big thing back in the day. And yes the game was actually something zen cared about. As of late she seems to not give a shit. First her old man left her then err quit. What is left is a half assed game

I smoke crack!
2010.Jul.07, 06:38 AM
Kinda Sad to hear that Dingus, kinda fell like i missed out on starting the game late!
2010.Jul.07, 06:43 AM
(2010.Jul.07 06:38 AM)Reknak Wrote:  Kinda Sad to hear that Dingus, kinda feel like i missed out on starting the game late!

X2!
This post was last modified: 2010.Jul.07 06:44 AM by Shaman.

.......______________________,-,
....../ `---////_______|----|____]
...../_==o##/=/____________.:/
.....)) ---.(_(__) /
....//___//------"
...//___//
..//___//
I'm the better of two evils, operative word "better".
2010.Jul.07, 07:02 AM
Well you guys kinda did. Used to be fun and exciting with a hint of danger in losing. Now its safe and caters to level hungry people. This has admin inventing useless stuff for insane level people 9for their age). Leaving the lower level stagnant.
The balance is so far gone now I think you will see the game slowly die.

I smoke crack!