RE: Reputation
(2010.Sep.15 02:25 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  
(2010.Sep.15 02:21 PM)zliplus Wrote:  They depreciate the same way money does - through (competitive) inflation. Money is worth less over time because the total supply increases and your share decreases, both in real life and in-game. Stats become worth less over time as everyone else gains stats, so that relatively you become weaker. There's a big difference between the first to 100 and getting to 100 years later, and there's a difference between having stats *now* instead of in the future.

What you are talking about is relative to much larger and complex economics than this, and the basis of value is demand. Getting better stats is always in demand, so your reasoning is bunk.

Unless dev points get switched out for something else, and endurance becomes useless, Endurance will always be the better buy.

I'll try to explain this more simply: stats only matter in relation to other people's stats. Whether by bragging about your rank or beating up other players, only the relative value of your stats matter - the absolute number is meaningless.

Edit: and the basis of value is supply and demand. Base inflation happens primarily because the supply of currency (both cash and stats) increases, as it does constantly and steeply here (and most online economies).
This post was last modified: 2010.Sep.15 02:50 PM by zliplus.
2010.Sep.15, 02:53 PM
no doubt endurance is the better long-term stat but you also have to figure in the time horizon. this is entertainment to me. not my job and I won't play forever. just like leveling to 60 for me. factoring in leveling to 50 too it will probably take me somewhere around 14 months before i even break even.

I will probably play for 14 more months AFTER i hit 60. but if it would take 5 years there would be no reason to level.
2010.Sep.15, 03:03 PM
(2010.Sep.15 02:37 PM)Monk Wrote:  Inpance go sit in the corner.

What he said, inpace you know nothing about stats or endurance.

9:17 am BenderRodriguez attacked you and lost.
20.Feb.13 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.

4488 SV pUn 69 16 Lost in an individual gang battle to Mac.
12.Oct.11 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.
2010.Sep.15, 03:11 PM
(2010.Sep.15 02:42 PM)zliplus Wrote:  
(2010.Sep.15 02:21 PM)zliplus Wrote:  They depreciate the same way money does - through (competitive) inflation. Money is worth less over time because the total supply increases and your share decreases, both in real life and in-game. Stats become worth less over time as everyone else gains stats, so that relatively you become weaker. There's a big difference between the first to 100 and getting to 100 years later, and there's a difference between having stats *now* instead of in the future.

What you are talking about is relative to much larger and complex economics than this, and the basis of value is demand. Getting better stats is always in demand, so your reasoning is bunk.

Unless dev points get switched out for something else, and endurance becomes useless, Endurance will always be the better buy.

I'll try to explain this more simply: stats only matter in relation to other people's stats. Whether by bragging about your rank or beating up other players, only the relative value of your stats matter - the absolute number is meaningless.

Edit: and the basis of value is supply and demand. Base inflation happens primarily because the supply of currency (both cash and stats) increases, as it does constantly and steeply here (and most online economies).

how did you not understand this?

if you can afford the trainer, go for it.. I dont personally, since i do not have the appropriate amount of endurance to equip my final upgrade, which is something i would like to do if i have the battle stats for, i've had the stats for the 20 endo long blade for months but still short on the endurance...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Sep.15, 03:48 PM
(2010.Sep.15 02:42 PM)zliplus Wrote:  

I was thinking faster than my typing -- you are right, i meant to type supply and demand.

So long as you are willing to put in the time and money, you can pass people. This makes dev points a huge value to people with low stats --- comparatively speaking. OTG is a perfect example of this.

Sticking to the simple question I attempted to answer before; OTG in 10 months the trains will be equal if you invest the same 900k a month into endurance, give or take a week or two. After an additional 4 months, you will have had gained the same NET dev points as if you were using the trainer the whole time. After the initial 14 months, you will be making much more dev points than if you were using a trainer.

Thus why I say, using a trainer is never worthwhile in the long run. If you don't think you will be playing in 14 months, that's fine. Use the trainer.
This post was last modified: 2010.Sep.15 03:55 PM by InPaceRequiscat.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Sep.15, 03:49 PM
How about its a fucking game not the sats shit the fuck up and play the god Damn thing