Results of Shotgun Experiment
2010.Apr.29, 11:23 PM
RE: Results of Shotgun Experiment
(2010.Apr.29 10:36 PM)cheetah Wrote:  Exactly, thank you, I can't go through the rediculous new logs to prove it! no 1000s, so why spend the money on it!

I want a refund!

Sounds very similar to the issues I had with the lvl 60 pistol. I mailed Zen a couple of times with similar concerns that fell on deaf ears.

Personally I think a weapon with crits mostly below the 1000 damage mark can work as long as the lower end damage is increased further to compensate otherwise overall the weapon just doesn't cut it.

It didn't achieve that with the lvl 60 pistol and it looks like the issue has carried over to this weapon. As Pun has noted it's taking more rounds to inflict similar damage with the new shotgun vs the old one which really isn't good enough.
2010.Apr.29, 11:33 PM
(2010.Apr.29 11:23 PM)Fallout Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.29 10:36 PM)cheetah Wrote:  Exactly, thank you, I can't go through the rediculous new logs to prove it! no 1000s, so why spend the money on it!

I want a refund!

Sounds very similar to the issues I had with the lvl 60 pistol. I mailed Zen a couple of times with similar concerns that fell on deaf ears.

Personally I think a weapon with crits mostly below the 1000 damage mark can work as long as the lower end damage is increased further to compensate otherwise overall the weapon just doesn't cut it.

It didn't achieve that with the lvl 60 pistol and it looks like the issue has carried over to this weapon. As Pun has noted it's taking more rounds to inflict similar damage with the new shotgun vs the old one which really isn't good enough.

Seems simple.. when fighting someone witha so called "inferior" cheaper gun you allow them more time to get those couple "big crits" and loose when you have worked harder for the stats, and paid more for another weapon.
2010.Apr.29, 11:49 PM
sounds like a lemon.

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Apr.29, 11:54 PM
(2010.Apr.29 11:49 PM)thehustler Wrote:  sounds like a lemon.

pocket tanks!
2010.Apr.30, 12:08 AM
so, i'm young and please don't yell at me, i thought that you pick your weapon class for such results? LBM has more crits and less consistency while Shotty's more consistent hits and way better hide out hits?

so just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that statistically it wouldn't.

conrad, as far as a good sample mean don't you need at least 10 (edit: actually i think it's 20 trials) (per gun) in order to have the results to try hypothesis testing ? (as far as your testing compared to the overall population)

it's late and i'm studying for finals so i'm just rambling

EDIT:
I don't use a shotty so i'm not entirely sure the basic statistics of it's use.
This post was last modified: 2010.Apr.30 12:11 AM by catalyst.
2010.Apr.30, 06:10 AM
(2010.Apr.30 12:08 AM)catalyst Wrote:  so, i'm young and please don't yell at me, i thought that you pick your weapon class for such results? LBM has more crits and less consistency while Shotty's more consistent hits and way better hide out hits?

so just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that statistically it wouldn't.

conrad, as far as a good sample mean don't you need at least 10 (edit: actually i think it's 20 trials) (per gun) in order to have the results to try hypothesis testing ? (as far as your testing compared to the overall population)

EDIT:

catalyst...i dont think the top players in the game are imagining the poor results of this new gun and have suddenly become liars.

as far as sample size.....i have been using the Tiff for about a year. before that...i was using the SB1 for roughly the same amount of time. after using those for thousands of fights.......it doesnt take long to figure out the new shotty is a POS. the posted results are what they are. take them or leave them - its better than posting 1 or no fight results.

i would think you would be the new shotty's biggest supportor since i have to use this weapon to protect you with. Wink
This post was last modified: 2010.Apr.30 06:10 AM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Apr.30, 06:28 AM
Quote:since i have to use this weapon to protect you with.

No comment....
[Image: 128729023962348776.jpg]

He is back....
2010.Apr.30, 06:28 AM
(2010.Apr.30 06:10 AM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.30 12:08 AM)catalyst Wrote:  so, i'm young and please don't yell at me, i thought that you pick your weapon class for such results? LBM has more crits and less consistency while Shotty's more consistent hits and way better hide out hits?

EDIT:

catalyst...i dont think the top players in the game are imagining the poor results of this new gun and have suddenly become liars.

as far as sample size.....i have been using the Tiff for about a year. before that...i was using the SB1 for roughly the same amount of time. after using those for thousands of fights.......it doesnt take long to figure out the new shotty is a POS. the posted results are what they are. take them or leave them - its better than posting 1 or no fight results.

i would think you would be the new shotty's biggest supportor since i have to use this weapon to protect you with. Wink

owned....

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Apr.30, 08:11 AM
sounds to me like you guys got.....

[Image: 31jul22-getting-hosed.jpg]

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Apr.30, 08:18 AM
What's you guys skill in the weapon? After 1 years, it is possible to add 10 more skill to shotgun.

With the higher higher average damage, the new shotgun would be a killer weapon down the road.

I get what Zen is implying. Higher Critical but lower average damage hit. That meant, every battle, you will need the critical to win. If u don't get it in that 1 out of 20 battles, you will lose to people much weaker than you.

Look at this Log with the level 27 Weapon. With my bad luck, this is one of those rare occasion with no critical at all. It is so bad, it wasn't funny. If Fatality uses a armor and a 3 series belt, My high would be 150 damage, my low damage hit would be like 50 damage. I would lose to him!!!

The new shotgun is definitely have a higher average damage. In a long run, I believe it gonna rule with higher skill.

Round 1
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 257 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 256 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 2
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 241 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 240 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 3
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 229 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 228 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 4
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 222 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 221 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 5
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 160 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 159 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 6
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 166 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 165 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 7
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 170 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 169 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 8
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 181 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 180 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 9
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 226 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 225 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 10
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 245 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 244 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 11
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 173 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 172 damage.
FATAL1TY misses Zeon!
Round 12
Zeon hits FATAL1TY for 250 damage. FATAL1TY resists 1 for a total of 249 damage.
Zeon defeated FATAL1TY.
You honorably defeat all combatants. You walk away and let your defeated opponents sulk in their own misery.

Experience Earned : 438
Hospitalization Time : 33
This post was last modified: 2010.Apr.30 08:26 AM by ZeonOne.

Amend