Mail from an unknown player...
2007.Apr.04, 06:05 PM

TheGeek Wrote:I still think the best way to resolve the problem is to cap stats per level. it doesnt negatively effect anyone as you are "losing" any of your stats, they only are effective up to a certain point until you reach the level to match.

What do you mean by a cap?
2007.Apr.04, 06:17 PM

I think a stat cap is an awful idea. When you're on lower levels thats what makes you better than others. I think I have some of the highest stats for a level 12 player so if my gang gets in a fight I can easily take out other people on my level and higher and get that extra reputation. I've been doing as much as possible NOT to level just so I'll be that much better than everyone else around my level.
I would hate to be a level 14 and only able to beat level ten players, and I would love to be level ten and able to kick a level 14's ass.
I've only been playing for a month and a half and have only deposited 20 bucks but I train like crazy because I think thats whats gonna make me a better player in the end. I think almost everyone on here could kick my ass but you wouldn't get any experience for it lol
2007.Apr.04, 06:28 PM

to be honest i agree with Dayute, i cant agree on a stat cap, your forcing players to level and if all they want to do is train in a gym, who are we to say they cant play that way,

my other consern is what this trend comes down to is events that have allredy happened, and whatever we do now, wount hurt the charater in question in any way its allredy done with,

perhaps there may be a way to deture players in the future, but its ben my experiance when i see players *power game/level* to the top a good % of them tent to get board when they get there, no challenge, allredy have the best items, etc. and more often the not they will get board enough to the point they just dont have fun and end up leaving.

in the end i think whatever the admin desides on what to do, i am sure there will allwase be someone out there thats are not happy,

(you cant make everyone happy, not should you ever be expect to try)

eather way good luck with this. **just my opinion**
2007.Apr.04, 07:51 PM

Chris Mangano Wrote:
TheGeek Wrote:I still think the best way to resolve the problem is to cap stats per level. it doesnt negatively effect anyone as you are "losing" any of your stats, they only are effective up to a certain point until you reach the level to match.

What do you mean by a cap?

by cap i mean a level 5 player with 20 accuracy will only have say, 6 or 7 of that accuracy calculated into his combat until he hits level 6 and can access a rating of 7 or 8 acc. He doesnt technically lose any stat because its still there, and he doesnt have to train it as he levels, but it doesnt do him any good either until he reaches a level equivelant to his stats.
2007.Apr.04, 08:33 PM

Great ideas here....I am a noob kind of. I love the game as all of you do who posted in this thread. I read it and sat bye to see what i agreed and disagreed with. I personally think, if it matters at all, that level and stats should be equal...then weapons and armor play out the rest.
Both take time to attain, and gain.....who is to say which takes longer...except for res, which everyone knows is the limiting stat.

AS far as a limit on donations per player...the jury is still out on this one...there will always be a way around this..if a player wants something bad enough, he/she will acquire it.

I would like to thank Zen for an incredibly fun and evilly addicting game, which I cant stop playing. I hope you, Zen are working on new angles, weapons, places for us to visit and explore.

My strategy is to be the best as fast as I can while spending a reasonable amount of real cash. I have been here for a few months and spent around 200 total...more than I intended, but worth every penny. I didnt use it all to further myself, but to have fun. I started in the Marvels, with Thor, being our Godfather...thanks man...and chance, getting me here. I felt at home in a gang and was helped by a certain few members. I played almost religiously and climbed quick, learning something new almost daily. I most importantly had fun, and that is why after the marvel restructuring.....I am still here. I give a whole lot of my cash to gang members and our gangs operations so they can experience what i did. I think that is what makes this a fun community, and without that, I would def not have ever donated once...let alone the numerous times i clicked that paypal link, lol, and did it without regret.

My point being, this is a community, lets treat everyone with respect and remember that we all love this game. Thanks for creating this place zen, whom i dont know, and please keep it as interesting and as fun as I have found it to be. whatever you choose to do, as you have in the past, is not done lightly so I know we can expect great things...thanks...lets play ball....wheres the gym?
2007.Apr.04, 11:30 PM

Wow, I can't believe this topic has gotten so many posts lol (and kind words to boot).

I'll address some posts even though they aren't on track with the topic.

It's impossible to set combat to some sort of 40/40/10/10 ratio because it's not designed that way. Each aspect of combat is entirely on its own.

In the past levels were overly-important, and it was entirely my fault for not changing it sooner. In fact, if I could hide everyone's level from all other players without fearing the community ire then I would (much like I did to hit points), because it's really weird for people to look at someone and go "oh ya, don't even try to fight him, he's a level 30".

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Apr.04, 11:33 PM

zenith Wrote:In fact, if I could hide everyone's level from all other players without fearing the community ire then I would (much like I did to hit points), because it's really weird for people to look at someone and go "oh ya, don't even try to fight him, he's a level 30".

ohh - I like this idea.
2007.Apr.04, 11:54 PM

zenith Wrote:Wow, I can't believe this topic has gotten so many posts lol (and kind words to boot).

I'll address some posts even though they aren't on track with the topic.

It's impossible to set combat to some sort of 40/40/10/10 ratio because it's not designed that way. Each aspect of combat is entirely on its own.

In the past levels were overly-important, and it was entirely my fault for not changing it sooner. In fact, if I could hide everyone's level from all other players without fearing the community ire then I would (much like I did to hit points), because it's really weird for people to look at someone and go "oh ya, don't even try to fight him, he's a level 30".

I think that much more weried is when you are 12 level higher and lose
2007.Apr.05, 12:26 AM

I agree. In that case, why bother even having level ups? Why have attacking even a part of the game? In every RPG I've ever played, online or offline, levelling provides a decent bonus, on a par with training if the game also allows that. The bonus it provides is always relative to how hard they are to get- so if you gain one level per month of playing, you'd get a dramatic bonus. If you get 5 levels per day, the bonus will be considerably less. IMO, considering how hard levels are to achieve (quite difficult up to 10, hit a purple patch around 15-22, then they start becoming VERY difficult) they should give a lot lot more than they do- the EP/AP/HP is practically negligible, since all the costs to do anything increase as you level too. It costs more EP to attack people, and more AP to bust people as you level.
2007.Apr.05, 03:29 AM

hopefully we'll see a skill system soon for combat efficiency and level will only be a reflection of stats... or a "power rating" as zenith put it a while back when "levels were so last year" ... heh.