Mail from an unknown player...
2007.Apr.03, 10:55 AM

yeah i totally agree. The first time around i managed to become a donator buy saving up money and buying credits in game money, this did affect me being able to get the next house up but i felt it was worth it. Then i donated with real money after recognising the benefits of donator status.

But there is still a huge advantage to those who have the ability to donate more, and bare in mind im one of the older players and the people playing for less days have still got a big advantage.
2007.Apr.03, 11:01 AM

I for one agree with the letter, i have been here for a long time and still love this game, i have donated in a fair amount of money (on avererage $20 per month) and was spending a lot of time online. I never really had a stratagy but tried to lvl and train in equal amounts. I now have a new job and cant spend as much time online, even if i could spend the time i dont think i would. I know its part of the game and i aint moaning about it but it was getting to the point where even if i was away for 15 - 20 min i would end up in hospital. I have been attacked around 10-15 times per day (i know that is low compared to some people) and was getting sick of waiting around or spending my hard to get game money on stim packs.

The thing i think is missing is a good education system, better jobs and some use for reputation (just saying that because that is the one stat that i am top of :wink: ) The big money people are crippling the game (through no fault of anyone) and also the moaning about wars and no wars is getting silly.

I feel there needs to be something new and exciting to keep players interested because at the moment its all train and attack, which is getting dull.

Just my little input for what it is worth.
2007.Apr.03, 11:05 AM

Well said.
2007.Apr.03, 11:15 AM

I've always looked at it as Level should have just as much weight as stats. I don't know what the combat code is now but I would like to see

40% Level
40% Stats
10% modifiers
10% Armor / Weapon

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Apr.03, 11:16 AM

Nope. Enduarance is the biggest issue Smile I was feelin' pretty good at level 18 end, and now I here a rumor of level 30 enduarance Sad No stat refreshes needed for this individual if this is true. It sucks. But what are you going to do? Too late to change the dynamics of the game for donators due to there is already such a huge disparity now. I consider myself a big donator but I kept it in the realm of reality IMO. Dropping $4,000 (estimate) or more on this game in ONE BIG CHUNK seems a little overboard. I'm 50% Jealous and 50% upset on how I believe this act will impact the game. Makes me wanna hold off on further donations due to IMO everyone is going to leave due to an unstoppable force. We've lost 4-6 players due to this already. I fear it may get worse. This is just my opinion so if I am off base then I apologize.

I will have more later but my boss is over my shoulder now! Sad

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Apr.03, 11:25 AM

I totally disagree with the letter.
Let's look at it from a reality standpoint:
1. In the real world if you spend money versus not spending(or spending less) the person who spends the most money will always come out on top.
2. This is a big one--> If you are 20 years old and you have trained your whole life to be an ultimate fighter you will definately be better than a 30 year old who has trained on and off his entire life. Soooooo, why should the older(higher lvl) people have an advantage over the younger(lower lvl) people? I agree they should have some advantages like more hp ect. But stats should be 70% or more of battle because in a battle your experience is only going to take you so far and training and preperation takes you the first 90% of the fight.

*I do agree with the school thing and work idea, there should be a little more there.
2007.Apr.03, 11:28 AM

I have to agree with the letter as well, I think IMO that it is quite unfair to players such as Chris, Sarge, Matt, Dr. No, to name a few that have put almost a year into this game with training and working hard to get where they are, for someone with the financial where withall to buy their way to the top.

Levels and time in game should count for something, the number one stat holder in the game has played this game under 90 days
2007.Apr.03, 11:34 AM

syntheticdarkness Wrote:I totally disagree with the letter.
1. In the real world if you spend money versus not spending(or spending less) the person who spends the most money will always come out on top.
2. This is a big one--> If you are 20 years old and you have trained your whole life to be an ultimate fighter you will definately be better than a 30 year old who has trained on and off his entire life. Soooooo, why should the older(higher lvl) people have an advantage over the younger(lower lvl) people? I agree they should have some advantages like more hp ect. But stats should be 70% or more of battle because in a battle your experience is only going to take you so far and training and preperation takes you the first 90% of the fight.

*I do agree with the school thing and work idea, there should be a little more there.

this is a ridiculous statement. stats take time and effort to get and so do levels, so why should one be credited and the other not? the old system was just better in my opinion.

** and yes I know you get a few extra EP per level and every 2 levels you get more happiness refresh, but that is extremely minimal compared with the advantage level used to give and the advantages stats give now **
2007.Apr.03, 11:39 AM

Quote:I totally disagree with the letter.

What are you saying?

A new player to the game should have advantage over an older player because he has money? Look at the best fighters in the world most, if not all are from poor back grounds.

Or

a player who has been here longer should always be better because they have spent there whole (game) life training to be the best.

I may be stupid but i dont understand where you are coming from.
2007.Apr.03, 11:39 AM

okay, so if you train for 1 hour a day for a year vs. training 10hrs a day for 5 months you think the first person should win?
that makes no sense, the person training more should be better!