Mail from an unknown player...
2007.Apr.03, 07:39 PM

I'm just jealous. My man goal since I really got on my feet and knowing the game mechanics (My theory) was to boost my end as much as possible. 18. But 30 is CAARAAZY, I never thought it would get this bad. It was funner when I was the only one doing it Smile hehe. Nice job you donators! lol lol 8)

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Apr.03, 08:14 PM

Steelcurtain you are not alone in your stance,

The leaders of sesame street mafia and the muppet mob also use their wealth to the betterment of the gang. for instance we just pass down weapon and armor after upgrades. thus we can make sure that our members are always getting the best gear that they can.

Kudos to you for your effort to help others enjoy themselves while playing a game.
2007.Apr.03, 08:53 PM

i guess ill throw out a couple of my opinions, after reading all the posts (geez this is a popular thread for just happening today!!)

1) as long as the people who are donating to an unbelievable extent arent pushing people around and being arses about it, i'm not too upset, however i do feel left behind and unable to catch up which isn't a good feeling Sad

2) is it possible to add more temporary donation upgrades? that might make things a little more even - to get a certain item (non regular item, so maybe like a secondary armor like a donator helmet that doesnt add a lot but adds SOME, more than normal) you have to donate every month? that sort of addition would give donators an advantage, but nothing you couldnt overcome.

3) limit the amount of refreshes per day? that would at least hinder the ability to catch up to a years work in a few weeks. it seems like that is the most gracious problem, coinciding with the endurance that nobody seems to be able to afford to keep up with
2007.Apr.03, 09:42 PM

I like limiting refreshes because it also keeps stronger players from being able to dominate a war by just refreshing energy and beating on people over and over again. This would at least give gangs a fight chance of course as long as the gang they were fighting had a weak link.
2007.Apr.03, 09:49 PM

refreshes are so expensive at higher levels that its more efficient to just buy endurance... I dont think there are alot of people beyond level 20 refreshing their energy over and over to attack... Its just not efficient. I dont see any reason to change them.
2007.Apr.03, 09:54 PM

Energy refreshes aren't restricted, but the more you use it in a day the more it costs. The increase can be extremely expensive if you go overboard.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Apr.03, 10:08 PM

I'm pretty sure I know who sent that latter but I won't even suggest it, no worries.

The whole thing over this is:
At first, there was 1 person (Casanova, we can name him at this point) that made a lot of Donation, got ahead of eevery1 and pissed the whole community. Then others took his place but donations were stable and reasonable, then some people started to use their power to rule the entire game and, again, pissed A LOT of people which lead to more donation weekly/monthly. Some people started to up faster but all was still a an ok point.

Then those same people tried to do the same and got on the nerve of even more people than before and this time, so a few people just went totally nut and got bored of being bullied every now and then. Now that they're starting to get back at those who weren't good to them in the past, they're starting to fear them and says it isn't fair no more.

So I ask you, what is really fair? To donate 100-400$ per month to get back and ahead at those who extorted you money and game time for so long?
Or pay 100-200k game $ every 2 weeks to the same people just because they feel like it, slowing you from getting back at them for real using only game time?

A lot of good points have been made here, for both side but the 1 that was missed the most is that the person that supposedly donated 4000$; 1- gave alot to others, in various gangs, not just only 1-2 persons. 2- Are in no way bullies and don't get any fun from warring others until they pay or lose their gang. 3- Most of you can't handle #3...

Now, now, I know most of you think I'm talking about those same persons, again, which, well, they do fit that portrait very well but the same situation could/probably happened with people lvl 5 and 15 or 15 and 25, etc.

For once, let's not all assume that every1 always speaks about the same people every time they post. Most of us got better things to do than to worry about plastic ducks and kids.
2007.Apr.03, 10:17 PM

It's not a matter of how people use their donation. this is a matter of how much advantage you allow to donaters. personally I donate a fair amount, more than most but significantly less than the top donators. I still believe that making user level a larger proportion of combat ability makes sense. people invested time and effort into getting levels so they should be rewarded for it. also, this way the top donators will have to decide how many credits they spend towards stats and how many they spend towards leveling and try to maximize battle capability gains. I sincerely believe that the old combat system managed large donators better than the new one does. basically I believe that the returns to donation graph should be logarithmic.
2007.Apr.03, 10:30 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:I'm pretty sure I know who sent that latter but I won't even suggest it, no worries.

The whole thing over this is:
At first, there was 1 person (Casanova, we can name him at this point) that made a lot of Donation, got ahead of eevery1 and pissed the whole community. Then others took his place but donations were stable and reasonable, then some people started to use their power to rule the entire game and, again, pissed A LOT of people which lead to more donation weekly/monthly. Some people started to up faster but all was still a an ok point.

Then those same people tried to do the same and got on the nerve of even more people than before and this time, so a few people just went totally nut and got bored of being bullied every now and then. Now that they're starting to get back at those who weren't good to them in the past, they're starting to fear them and says it isn't fair no more.

So I ask you, what is really fair? To donate 100-400$ per month to get back and ahead at those who extorted you money and game time for so long?
Or pay 100-200k game $ every 2 weeks to the same people just because they feel like it, slowing you from getting back at them for real using only game time?

A lot of good points have been made here, for both side but the 1 that was missed the most is that the person that supposedly donated 4000$; 1- gave alot to others, in various gangs, not just only 1-2 persons. 2- Are in no way bullies and don't get any fun from warring others until they pay or lose their gang. 3- Most of you can't handle #3...

Now, now, I know most of you think I'm talking about those same persons, again, which, well, they do fit that portrait very well but the same situation could/probably happened with people lvl 5 and 15 or 15 and 25, etc.

For once, let's not all assume that every1 always speaks about the same people every time they post. Most of us got better things to do than to worry about plastic ducks and kids.

I can confidently say you misidentified who mailed me. It is definitely not an Elder.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Apr.03, 10:39 PM

Theres only one of us!! and i donate alot. =P