Information about the bannings
2010.Mar.24, 03:55 PM
Information about the bannings
Now that I feel the Weebay/Marlo situation has come to a close, I guess it's time for an explanation.

First of all, this was obviously not an easy decision for me.  I have been extremely conflicted over this for the last two weeks, but Weebay's inaction and non-response to me forced my hand.  I gave him several days to respond to my last email, which never happened.  I decided giving him a 2-day suspension was the only way I could get through to him.

Weebay is a good person and a very well-respected player and moderator.  I felt very comfortable with him in the forums, and trusted his judgement.  He seemed the type of person who'd be a great co-worker because you never had to wonder if he was doing his job or not.

When EightStars initially posted a picture of herself with another player, the topic seemed innocent enough.  If she had an ulterior motive I don't know.  Maybe she did. Let's assume so.  In any event, the topic was not an issue until post #27 (Weebay's initial response).  Prior to that moment, if the topic had been offensive, harassing, demeaning, or humiliating to him, he had the power to lock it, remove it, or report it to me or another moderator.

It's unfair to assume all moderators read every single post, because it's not a realistic expectation.  But by responding to it, he obviously was aware of it.   I can't fault a moderator for getting frustrated from what is posted about them.  If he had merely modded it or told me he felt it was over-the-line, we wouldn't have the situation we have today.

Shortly after the topic started turning on EightStars, it was moved it into the Battleground so it could not be modded.

Weebay mailed me to say he felt his integrity was being attacked, and that he wanted to post private text messages from her in the forum.  I told him it was out of the question and inappropriate.  I advised him to take a different path, because furthering things were not going to make the situation better for anyone.  The next day he posts everything on the Awakened Lands Facebook Group.  He unfortunately made a topic in the forums with a link to the content, thus bringing it directly into our forums.

Our next correspondence was me warning him that the next step he took was going to dictate the outcome.  Again, I tried to direct him in a way that would make his point yet not go over the line.  He continued to delay responding to me so the attacks could be taken up by his friends and the harassment could continue.

Recently I became aware of a cover-up when looking in the logs.  Prior to EightStar's original post being moved to the unmodded forum, it appears Weebay thought he was responding from an alternative forum account instead of his own.  After noticing the mistake, he had his erroneous post deleted.  It was already quoted by a couple of other players and labeled "suspicious", but then as usual the topic went in another direction. When I discovered this information, I didn't want to believe it.

I really do regret things ended up the way they did.  Everyone tells me not to step in, however in this case I feel if I had stepped in sooner we'd still have him around.  I felt Weebay AND Marlo were in violation of multiple rules, yet their suspensions were not intended to be long.  They have decided on their own to make the temporary suspensions permanent.

Marlo's case is another story.  His constant attacks and harassment against EightStars were beyond inappropriate.  Almost every post he made was derogatory and against the TOS. Unfortunately for him, he went too far.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Mar.24, 04:01 PM
RE: Information about the bannings
Pretty much sums up what most of us thought. When is Breeze gonna get the ban hammer next?
2010.Mar.24, 04:02 PM
This certainly have cleared a lot of mis-informed information.

This explanation is not needed, yet, here it is.

Thank You Zen.

Amend
2010.Mar.24, 04:08 PM
you mean A close, not an close.

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2010.Mar.24, 04:09 PM
(2010.Mar.24 03:55 PM)zenith Wrote:   The next day he posts everything on the Awakened Lands Facebook Group.  He unfortunately made a topic in the forums with a link to the content, thus bringing it directly into our forums.

AL facebook group?!?!? what have I been missing out on.

Whatever bitch. I'm a pegasus pony.
2010.Mar.24, 04:09 PM
I think a lot of people are just wondering how 8stars is completely innocent in all of this...

She, yes was personally attacked, but, she did also come right out and called weebay a homosexual which started the shitstorm.

Marlo's case is a little different, ya maybe he got a little outta line, but if it was just forum stuff, give him a forum ban...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Mar.24, 04:11 PM
(2010.Mar.24 04:09 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  I think a lot of people are just wondering how 8stars is completely innocent in all of this...

She, yes was personally attacked, but, she did also come right out and called weebay a homosexual which started the shitstorm.

Marlo's case is a little different, ya maybe he got a little outta line, but if it was just forum stuff, give him a forum ban...

+1.

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Mar.24, 04:16 PM
(2010.Mar.24 04:09 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  I think a lot of people are just wondering how 8stars is completely innocent in all of this...

Rubbish. I get called alot worse, so do many players. We 99% of the time overlook it. I believe, and I may be wrong, but that was probably the very first time someone actually put anything remotely bad about him in the forums AND HIS EGO COULD NOT HANDLE IT.

I like Weebay and have great respect for him, but I tried to make him see sense when the hosp's were going on and on and on. He over reacted to the point of being histerical. The guy must have a serious God complex to do what he did, even with warnings from Zen! He should have used his brains and used moderation as a way of dropping the matter.
2010.Mar.24, 04:16 PM
(2010.Mar.24 04:11 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  

+1.

+2

I can't believe I said that. Marlo is always on my back during the 7Law drama.

It's good to be forgiving sometime.
This post was last modified: 2010.Mar.24 04:23 PM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2010.Mar.24, 04:20 PM
"Marlo's case is another story. His constant attacks and harassment against EightStars were beyond inappropriate. "

so if the harassment was in mail and forum....then tell them to block mail like i have been told to do...and ban them from forum and/or mail.

"constant attacks"? this was what...a few days? where were you when someone was constantly ONLY zercking and hosping one player and his gang for over 3 WEEKS? he wasnt even playing the game other than the zercks and hosps, then logging off. 22 days of this.

but all of a sudden....marlo is banned for hosping for a few days...while still doing his career, skills, criming and prob even training some as well?

give me a fcking break. pissss poor decision unless i am missing something here.
This post was last modified: 2010.Mar.24 04:22 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.