Item sell on prices
2010.Jan.23, 11:35 PM
RE: Item sell on prices
If the quantities were more limited, and you had to sell back to stores for restock it might be better, I would go for 40% (to throw a number out there) resale value. It seems to me (except for unique equipment) that equipment is readily available which drives costs down to much. It would be nice if some equipment sold for higher than cost if it is very popular. Electric axes or Sic armor are some examples possibly.

The idea that if you work to get good equipment, you want to keep it because if you sell it you may not get it back easily even if you have the money the item may not be available.

+1 to Ronin's idea; That has potential for a career or skill.
2010.Jan.24, 03:35 AM
(2010.Jan.23 10:30 PM)2asandab Wrote:  I disagree with higher trade values for items. The larger the margin is from retail to trade, the larger the chance for profits and losses to be made. Players that are diligent are able to purchase items under valued and resell them for a profit. Trade values of say 75% limits the margin therefore limits the value of the market. Higher trade values would eliminate a large portion of the item market play of this game, a part I think many enjoy.

wrong - would drive up the price on the open market as everyone knows there is a base price of 75%, nothing would be sold at that small a value.

The current depreciation on items is astonishingly high. The very fact that a 1.5 million item will command less than 1 mill in resale a 33% depreciation in 3/4 months is huge.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jan.24, 08:17 AM
(2010.Jan.24 03:35 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.23 10:30 PM)2asandab Wrote:  I disagree with higher trade values for items. The larger the margin is from retail to trade, the larger the chance for profits and losses to be made. Players that are diligent are able to purchase items under valued and resell them for a profit. Trade values of say 75% limits the margin therefore limits the value of the market. Higher trade values would eliminate a large portion of the item market play of this game, a part I think many enjoy.

wrong - would drive up the price on the open market as everyone knows there is a base price of 75%, nothing would be sold at that small a value.

The current depreciation on items is astonishingly high. The very fact that a 1.5 million item will command less than 1 mill in resale a 33% depreciation in 3/4 months is huge.

I agree the value would increase but thats not my point, I'm saying buying used items over retail, limits the fun of buy and selling used items. If trade values were higher ppl would trade the item in instead of having to "play the game" and sell the item on the market. This would be the point of higher trade value. As for 1 million dollar items I feel as if these are the exception. I sell most items I acquire for 70%-75% of their retail value, way above trade but I have to try to sell them to the community not just hit a button and collect my cash.
2010.Jan.24, 08:37 AM
Playing the game as you put it is fine on lower end items where there is demand. However selling a 1.5 million item at what is looking like 60% of its value takes some of the fun out of it. I have seen Tib2's changing hands for 800K! There is a L3 on the market for 1.1 million - 400K under list, thats crazy

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jan.24, 09:04 AM
(2010.Jan.24 08:37 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Playing the game as you put it is fine on lower end items where there is demand. However selling a 1.5 million item at what is looking like 60% of its value takes some of the fun out of it. I have seen Tib2's changing hands for 800K! There is a L3 on the market for 1.1 million - 400K under list, thats crazy

I agree higher end stuff where the difference is more than a 1 million doesn't seem fair. This isn't the same for low end items, the market would be fine if the trade value of the new armor was over 1 million, but it would suck if u could trade a Sohei Ono Axe for 19k cause every1 would.
2010.Jan.24, 10:45 AM
(2010.Jan.24 08:37 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Playing the game as you put it is fine on lower end items where there is demand. However selling a 1.5 million item at what is looking like 60% of its value takes some of the fun out of it. I have seen Tib2's changing hands for 800K! There is a L3 on the market for 1.1 million - 400K under list, thats crazy

That's part of the problem by introducing items that only a very small percentage of the AL population can utilize.

When people are done with them - there is basically no market to sell it back to.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!