AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Item sell on prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not specifically a whinge, however, taking the latest armour situation as an example. 1.5 million to buy 350k to sell back to the game. Ordinarily for items I dont see this as an issue, however as items need higher and higher stats and End commitments the market for these items shrinks and shrinks. It is apparant that the new armours have been released without a need or demand for the old ones.

for a comparison. A credit is worth to the game $200, whilst the AL market will sell at $300, by that inflation and comparison shouldnt the armour trade in at 1 million?

Just wanted to see what everyone else thought. I do miss the days when the old trenchcoats would command a 300 - 400% mark up on their actual price. Seems these days that all the cash goes back into the ether and not to each other.
i have made this argument at least twice before on here and to Zen. Items should be able to be sold back to the "game" at a minimum of half the original value. I think 75 - 85% is more appropriate.

this is the TiB Helmet face value and trade-in value

Standard Price $350,000
Trade-in Value $2,000

FFS. does this make any sense?

I calculated $3,305,000 worth of stuff in storage - the trade-in value is $708,000. thats 21%. this seems unreasonable to me.
If you were to get good and reasonable prices for trade in, the market on used items would increase drastically. This would make newer players unable to afford to equipment you were able to buy without trouble.

I found myself many a great times selling my current weapon, then waiting for the next one up t be for sale so I could buy it.

granted, I no longer have that issue, and most of the time I have the next tier item already purchased so as soon as I can use it, I have it.
I have to agree the item resell is kind of screwy. Back when I started the top 2 armours and top 2 guns were no longer in the shops as they were all bought up, and the only way to get them was when a player upgraded and sold them off at sometimes 3,4 times as much as it was to buy new. Now the shops are mostly well stocked and if someone upgrades, to sell on there old stuff they have to sell it at a loss. Plus as already said as the stat and end requirements are getting bigger and in turn means less people can use the stuff so in turn there is a smaller resell market.

We are using the same old system from when the game first started, things have moved far away from that, and in turn the resell market needs revamped.

One way could be resell it back to the game (shop you bought it) at say 75% of its face value, then it would be added to thats shops stock to be sold at the full price. It would add a money sink to the game. Plus a way for people to resell there stuff safely and quickly.

(2010.Jan.23 10:35 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote: [ -> ]If you were to get good and reasonable prices for trade in, the market on used items would (de)increase drastically. This would make newer players unable to afford to equipment you were able to buy without trouble.

Buy without trouble lol about 800k for a T450 if you were lucky and sometimes as much as 400k for a dyneema trenchcoat, and if you wanted a sic a mill was a good place to start.
Honestly, I think you're selling your stuff to a pawn shop when you're selling it back to the game. 21% is reasonable for them. However, it is kinda goofy that something that's worth so much, both in value of the item and the needs it demands, but sells back for so little.
(2010.Jan.23 12:41 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I think you're selling your stuff to a pawn shop when you're selling it back to the game. 21% is reasonable for them. However, it is kinda goofy that something that's worth so much, both in value of the item and the needs it demands, but sells back for so little.

where is the pawn shop then, that has them all?

do you think the price is reasonable or not? you contradict yourself in the next sentence.
I'll dumb it down for you, Conrad, since your eyes aren't open.

1st) The pawn shop idea. 21% would be reasonable to a pawn shop, because they want to get your stuff at the cheapest price and make a profit for themselves by jacking up the price. This isn't set in stone. It's just a thought, and it's obvious it's not going to the beach pawn shop for sale.

2nd) The thought that the prices are a little jacked. The prices should be brought up from what they are, depending on the price of the item and the needs the item demands for their use. The newest armors should have a better resale price, seeing as they pretty expensive and only a few can truly use them effectively. This makes them more profitable.

Now, for a new idea.

3rd) Newest thought: Flux Resale Pricing. As the housing market fluxes, depending on how many people have housing, and how expensive the housing is, the item market should flux depending on what items have what item count. The higher the count out in the world, the lower the resale price will go. The less out there in the world, the higher the resale price will go.
(2010.Jan.23 02:35 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]I'll dumb it down for you, Conrad, since your eyes aren't open.

1st) The pawn shop idea. 21% would be reasonable to a pawn shop, because they want to get your stuff at the cheapest price and make a profit for themselves by jacking up the price. This isn't set in stone. It's just a thought, and it's obvious it's not going to the beach pawn shop for sale.

2nd) The thought that the prices are a little jacked. The prices should be brought up from what they are, depending on the price of the item and the needs the item demands for their use. The newest armors should have a better resale price, seeing as they pretty expensive and only a few can truly use them effectively. This makes them more profitable.

Now, for a new idea.

3rd) Newest thought: Flux Resale Pricing. As the housing market fluxes, depending on how many people have housing, and how expensive the housing is, the item market should flux depending on what items have what item count. The higher the count out in the world, the lower the resale price will go. The less out there in the world, the higher the resale price will go.

this thread isnt for ideas about pawn shops. send that somewhere else.

"Honestly, I think you're selling your stuff to a pawn shop when you're selling it back to the game. 21% is reasonable for them. "

and this doesnt sound like an "idea." it sounds like something you think is happening RIGHT NOW...which it clearly isnt - hence me asking for clarification.
'I think' sure sounds like an idea to me, idiot.

Put another quarter in the slot, kid. I'm sure you can win, next time.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm done arguing with a retard in a legit thread. Sorry, Moriarty.

Anyway, 21% is reasonable, because it's used, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. My item resale flux idea would help people out, but I'm doubting people sell their items back to the game, anyway.
(2010.Jan.23 03:01 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]'I think' sure sounds like an idea to me, idiot.

Put another quarter in the slot, kid. I'm sure you can win, next time.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm done arguing with a retard in a legit thread. Sorry, Moriarty.

Anyway, 21% is reasonable, because it's used, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. My item resale flux idea would help people out, but I'm doubting people sell their items back to the game, anyway.

its bad enough being a fatass...but being a complete idiot and a liar makes you a real scumbag. everyone that can read...knows what you said.

You pound Behemoth to a bloody pulp. When you are satisfied at the pool of blood laying at your feet, you slip off into the shadows.
Experience Earned : Hospitalizations do not earn experience.
Hospitalization Time : 107
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's