Item sell on prices
2010.Jan.23, 03:10 PM
RE: Item sell on prices
I guess being called what you are really makes you mad, huh Conrad?

Here's food for thought, Conrad; everyone interprets things they read into their own thoughts. Your thoughts about me are already hostile, seeing as you do nothing but whine and bitch and complain and make a ruckus and fail. So, you purposely try to make me look like an idiot. You failed, but you tried.

Get back on topic. Put some thoughts to help the game, like I did. Quit hospitalizing me because I smacked you with some wit.
2010.Jan.23, 03:28 PM
(2010.Jan.23 10:56 AM)MrHyde Wrote:  I have to agree the item resell is kind of screwy. Back when I started the top 2 armours and top 2 guns were no longer in the shops as they were all bought up, and the only way to get them was when a player upgraded and sold them off at sometimes 3,4 times as much as it was to buy new. Now the shops are mostly well stocked and if someone upgrades, to sell on there old stuff they have to sell it at a loss. Plus as already said as the stat and end requirements are getting bigger and in turn means less people can use the stuff so in turn there is a smaller resell market.

We are using the same old system from when the game first started, things have moved far away from that, and in turn the resell market needs revamped.

One way could be resell it back to the game (shop you bought it) at say 75% of its face value, then it would be added to thats shops stock to be sold at the full price. It would add a money sink to the game. Plus a way for people to resell there stuff safely and quickly.

(2010.Jan.23 10:35 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  If you were to get good and reasonable prices for trade in, the market on used items would (de)increase drastically. This would make newer players unable to afford to equipment you were able to buy without trouble.

Buy without trouble lol about 800k for a T450 if you were lucky and sometimes as much as 400k for a dyneema trenchcoat, and if you wanted a sic a mill was a good place to start.

I like this idea a lot. Especially the limited quantity part. The only problem is that there are already so many of these items floating around :/

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jan.23, 03:36 PM
(2010.Jan.23 10:56 AM)MrHyde Wrote:  I have to agree the item resell is kind of screwy. Back when I started the top 2 armours and top 2 guns were no longer in the shops as they were all bought up, and the only way to get them was when a player upgraded and sold them off at sometimes 3,4 times as much as it was to buy new. Now the shops are mostly well stocked and if someone upgrades, to sell on there old stuff they have to sell it at a loss. Plus as already said as the stat and end requirements are getting bigger and in turn means less people can use the stuff so in turn there is a smaller resell market.

We are using the same old system from when the game first started, things have moved far away from that, and in turn the resell market needs revamped.

One way could be resell it back to the game (shop you bought it) at say 75% of its face value, then it would be added to thats shops stock to be sold at the full price. It would add a money sink to the game. Plus a way for people to resell there stuff safely and quickly.

This is a viable idea that at the very least would be an improvement over what we have now.

Might I also throw out the possibility of introducing a trading skill to improve buy and sell prices on items?.
2010.Jan.23, 03:37 PM
(2010.Jan.23 03:36 PM)Fallout Wrote:  Might I also throw out the possibility of introducing a trading skill to improve buy and sell prices on items?.

Sexy.
2010.Jan.23, 03:40 PM
the thing with the skill idea is that one level would have to see significant improvement % wise on the price or it probably wouldnt be worth the amount of energy you put towards it...just my opinion tho..

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Jan.23, 04:03 PM
5% every level would be pretty nice.
2010.Jan.23, 05:54 PM
nice idea ronin....also maybe one of the careers should contribute too...lots of possibilities

doh
2010.Jan.23, 08:15 PM
(2010.Jan.23 05:54 PM)Punisher Wrote:  nice idea ronin....also maybe one of the careers should contribute too...lots of possibilities

I have seen a multitiude of great ideas over the last 6 months.
I hope Zen keeps up with them and implements at least 10% of them.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2010.Jan.23, 09:12 PM
(2010.Jan.23 10:56 AM)MrHyde Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.23 10:35 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  If you were to get good and reasonable prices for trade in, the market on used items would (de)increase drastically. This would make newer players unable to afford to equipment you were able to buy without trouble.

Missed a word I meant to type in there, supposed to read

The market price on used items would increase drastically.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Jan.23, 10:30 PM
I disagree with higher trade values for items. The larger the margin is from retail to trade, the larger the chance for profits and losses to be made. Players that are diligent are able to purchase items under valued and resell them for a profit. Trade values of say 75% limits the margin therefore limits the value of the market. Higher trade values would eliminate a large portion of the item market play of this game, a part I think many enjoy.