new arnmour working?
2010.Jan.12, 01:39 AM
RE: new arnmour working?
mine works
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.12 01:42 AM by Moriarty.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2010.Jan.12, 01:48 AM
The stacking probably needs a primer here.

If you have a +6 for a stat and add a +1, you only get the best bonus.
If you have a -4 for a stat and add a +1, it improves it to -3.

As for the amount of damage resisted, I believe it is working as it should. I'll review the data on live after more attacks and compare them to older battles with previous armor. I may increase it's effectiveness if I don't see an overall minumum 15% increase in damage resisted. At the current time though, the numbers are inconclusive since there aren't enough battles to get an accurate reading.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Jan.12, 01:52 AM
(2010.Jan.12 01:48 AM)zenith Wrote:  The stacking probably needs a primer here.

If you have a -4 for a stat and add a +1, it improves it to -3.

As for the amount of damage resisted, I believe it is working as it should. I'll review the data on live after more attacks and compare them to older battles with previous armor. I may increase it's effectiveness if I don't see an overall minumum 15% increase in damage resisted. At the current time though, the numbers are inconclusive since there aren't enough battles to get an accurate reading.

Do they stack on borgs?

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Jan.12, 02:39 AM
(2010.Jan.12 01:52 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Do they stack on borgs?

Borgs aren't in the equation. Borgs get a straight addition to the modifier after all item bonuses are accounted for.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2010.Jan.12, 08:06 AM
im not a very smart person. please help me understand what this means a little more.

"The stacking probably needs a primer here.

If you have a -4 for a stat and add a +1, it improves it to -3."

if i have new armour that gives +6 dex and -3 strength and +1 dex helmet.....

is my net gain, +7 dex and -3 strength?

i dont know what "add a +1" and "you only get the best bonus" means? i thought i was adding a +7 dex overall to my character.

thanks for your replies, btw.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Jan.12, 08:21 AM
The way I understood Zen answer was you character will only take the bonus for the highest stat imporvement item (if two items give the same battle stat boost).

Long and short of it...If you have the armour that give +6 dex, the +1 dex helm won't help ya, get the +1 res helm.
2010.Jan.12, 08:40 AM
(2010.Jan.12 08:21 AM)Joshiwa Wrote:  The way I understood Zen answer was you character will only take the bonus for the highest stat imporvement item (if two items give the same battle stat boost).

Long and short of it...If you have the armour that give +6 dex, the +1 dex helm won't help ya, get the +1 res helm.

i've had to edit this reply a few times before sending it. i will try to be nice.

if that is the case.....

it was not clear in the description. can we get refunded? i did not see anything about that when it was purchased. that kind of thing should be in bold, highlighted in red, and stated in a fashion that even an idiot llike me could easliy undertand, imo.

thanks.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Jan.12, 08:57 AM
Agreed.

False advertisement'd.
2010.Jan.12, 09:22 AM
Fillin in in Thor's absence: http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...#pid121108

The relevant part from that thread is:

(2009.Jul.02 01:54 PM)zenith Wrote:  The bonus from items stack with borg bonuses. For example, if you have a borg modifier of +8 and you wear three items that provide +7, -2, +3 to that stat, you will have a +15. It is your borg stat plus the MAX positive modifier. As time goes on, there will be more positive modifiers rather than negative for stats.

The max item bonus is not +5, that was just an example.

Although I do agree that a caveat should be in the items descriptions for those users who either don't read the forums or have joined since that post was made.
2010.Jan.12, 09:29 AM
So, if u get +6 in Str and -3, +1 in Dex... that would meant + 6 Str and +1 Dex?

Um.. This is better than I thought.

Amend