new arnmour working?
2010.Jan.11, 06:11 PM
RE: new arnmour working?
(2010.Jan.11 06:00 PM)MrHyde Wrote:  I know now cybeware works, and I know its a waste of time buying the cheapest as it uses up more of your humanity. I picked the cheapest as it had the highest humanity. Even with the best its still a difference of $170000 for 0.40 Humanity and 300 minutes of my time.

Now the helmet is a one time bonus it cant be upgraded like a cybeware it cant be made better, so the fact a cybeware gets more expensive after the first has nothing to do with it. If it going to be compared to cybeware it need to be a cybeware at its starting level.

As I said atm what im seeing is im hitting less, getting hit more and resisting less than what I was with a helmet that was a lower level, not a match for my armour and with one less res.

I think that Zeon was making the point that one level is cheaper. But after that, it's better to go for the helmet. Now, if you are getting hit more AND for more, I can't possibly think of anything other than encumbrance. Seeing as I doubt that that is the issue, I have no clue.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jan.11, 06:14 PM
RE: new armour working?
(2010.Jan.11 05:52 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  i throw on the best sheild and my opponent (one referenced above - RJ) doesnt have one on - and i lose. my stats are superior, my equipment is superior, and my skills may be as well.

seems pretty fcked up to me.

* - i was 2559/2600 HPS and he was 4 HPs from losing - but i lost nevertheless. wtf?

If I didn't level to 52 the other day I woulda lost... LMAO

oh and notice the res from me in the first fight my belt ran out, but I had it on...

the second fight it was removed as you noted.
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.11 06:22 PM by randomjacker.
2010.Jan.11, 06:31 PM
(2010.Jan.11 06:11 PM)Accipender Wrote:  Now, if you are getting hit more AND for more, I can't possibly think of anything other than encumbrance. Seeing as I doubt that that is the issue, I have no clue.

wow....can you possibly imagine that the new armour may not be working right?

or do you think everything Zen does on here is perfect and she is incapable of making an oversite?

if there is a glitch, she usually fixes it and im sure she will....whenever she re-appears.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2010.Jan.11, 06:32 PM
(2010.Jan.11 06:00 PM)MrHyde Wrote:  As I said atm what im seeing is im hitting less, getting hit more and resisting less than what I was with a helmet that was a lower level, not a match for my armour and with one less res.

As silly as this may sound, I know the new helmet weighs 0.2kg more than the old one. Is it possible that that tiny amount kicked your encumbrance up enough to make an issue with combat evasion?

That's the only reason I can think of that you'd do worse with the new helmet.
2010.Jan.11, 06:34 PM
(2010.Jan.11 06:32 PM)snorkelbill Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.11 06:00 PM)MrHyde Wrote:  As I said atm what im seeing is im hitting less, getting hit more and resisting less than what I was with a helmet that was a lower level, not a match for my armour and with one less res.

As silly as this may sound, I know the new helmet weighs 0.2kg more than the old one. Is it possible that that tiny amount kicked your encumbrance up enough to make an issue with combat evasion?

I would say no, because at their kind of str, .2kg, you are talking less than a .01 change in encumbrance rating.
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.11 06:34 PM by InPaceRequiscat.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2010.Jan.11, 06:36 PM
true but if the armor drops their strength then it might push them over encumbrance. not sure if it works like that though

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Jan.11, 06:37 PM
(2010.Jan.11 06:31 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  
(2010.Jan.11 06:11 PM)Accipender Wrote:  Now, if you are getting hit more AND for more, I can't possibly think of anything other than encumbrance. Seeing as I doubt that that is the issue, I have no clue.

wow....can you possibly imagine that the new armour may not be working right?

or do you think everything Zen does on here is perfect and she is incapable of making an oversite?

if there is a glitch, she usually fixes it and im sure she will....whenever she re-appears.

Sorry, I meant aside from that. In retrospect, that wasn't very clear.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Jan.11, 06:39 PM
(2010.Jan.11 06:32 PM)snorkelbill Wrote:  

see post #23.

also...i would think that Zen takes weight / potential encumberance into consideration. the point of making a new helemt and armour (and it being more expensive) ......is for it to work better then the previous one.

additionally....if you read what Zen says....encumberance only makes a difference if it reach 1.0. its true....she swears by it - although the community at large believes otherwise.

Round 1
Round 2
Round 4
2010.Jan.11, 07:15 PM
(2010.Jan.11 06:39 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  additionally....if you read what Zen says....encumberance only makes a difference if it reach 1.0. its true....she swears by it - although the community at large believes otherwise.

Actually, Zen has stated that encumbrance makes a difference where the Combat Evasion skill is concerned.

http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...#pid119975

It's entirely possible there's a glitch in the new items, I was just speculating on what the cause could be if there was no glitch.

Short of an official answer, and lacking the skill and endurance to equip the new armor, speculation is all I can offer.

Edit: I forgot the new armor weighs 0.5kg more than the TiB2 too. I completely agree that it's a small percentage at their strength levels...
This post was last modified: 2010.Jan.11 07:19 PM by snorkelbill.
2010.Jan.11, 07:44 PM
i see that now. just as we all suspected.

seems that it contradicts what she had said before. even though the evaision skill wasn't around at the time.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...4818#46205

regardless.....

the new armour doesnt seem to be working as properly as it should.

Round 1
Round 2
Round 4