comp organising sucks
2009.Dec.30, 05:27 PM
RE: comp organising sucks
(2009.Dec.29 10:53 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  
(2009.Dec.29 09:39 PM)Brugada Wrote:  I imagine it with more of a "Vvvvvvv" sound more than a Zzzzzzz sound.Wink

Perhaps it needs some tweeking lmao

i think it could be done with a zzzzzzzzz sound, you'd just have to shorten everything up a little bit.

eg. Zzzzrrroooooohmm

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Dec.31, 12:31 AM
(2009.Dec.24 04:21 AM)JohnRambo Wrote:  Seriously, have some consideration for the guys in the UK or elsewhere please when deciding to hold these comp's.

A 24 hour warning would be good for a start. I was up till 2am Uk time and there was no announcement then, but low and behold I wake up and every other Us citizen has been forwarned and has the headstart.

No point trying for any tags if your from the Uk, unless you want to try and donate.

Rant over.

Man... WTF ever. Every clock - globally - is 24 hours. Which means we all have a portion of our AL clock that is inconvenient for us to click buttons. You've been around for a while... You know how to schedule your day for competitions if need be.

(drunk)
/retort over

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Dec.31, 06:39 AM
(2009.Dec.29 11:12 PM)Jolabent Wrote:  
(2009.Dec.24 07:22 AM)JohnRambo Wrote:  Any idea what time it would be for us Uk guys to wake up and check if a comp is on at midnight game time? You try getting up at that time.

Well if my calculations are correct, UK is 7 hours ahead of me, which means contest time is at 6 am......

I wake up every morning at 5 am to go to work. Really not hard to wake up that early Smile

In my day there only ever 1 5 ocklock, 1 6 ocklock, 1 7 ocklock and 1 8 ocklock. The pm variety Wink
(2009.Dec.31 12:31 AM)NastyFO Wrote:  You've been around for a while... You know how to schedule your day for competitions if need be.

(drunk)
/retort over

The rant was about no forwarning of the event numbskull, so how can you schedule your day around something you know nothing about. Have another drink Wink
2009.Dec.31, 06:45 AM
Post your phone number and people will text you...
2009.Dec.31, 07:01 AM
(2009.Dec.31 06:45 AM)randomjacker Wrote:  Post your phone number and people will text you...

I'm not having sext with you. If i've told you once!! Winky
2009.Dec.31, 07:05 AM
(2009.Dec.31 06:39 AM)JohnRambo Wrote:  The rant was about no forwarning of the event numbskull, so how can you schedule your day around something you know nothing about. Have another drink Wink

so, in other words....it's no different no matter where you live.

2009.Dec.31, 07:17 AM
(2009.Dec.31 07:05 AM)Troopermccue Wrote:  
(2009.Dec.31 06:39 AM)JohnRambo Wrote:  The rant was about no forwarning of the event numbskull, so how can you schedule your day around something you know nothing about. Have another drink Wink

so, in other words....it's no different no matter where you live.
You just dont get it do you. Point is, some players play for stats, level, arguments w/e, and others play to get ledgend marks/competitions.

I'm not after marks but, the point is, to have that choice. The only way you get a choice is by forwarning. I can bet you anything you like had the comp been forwarned 24 hours, there would have been alot of players doing the whole thing without sleep. They would have deserved any marks then.
2009.Dec.31, 07:29 AM
biff-
how many people in the us do you think wake up a 1am to go to work? your initial argument was that people over the pond were at a disadvantage...not true.

2009.Dec.31, 07:36 AM
yep....disadvantage to those in est for every comp imo

doh
2009.Dec.31, 07:44 AM
You guys are totally missing his point...

Can someone please post all of the major holidays typically observed by AL and which ones use the word EVE for Rambo please...

Then can someone recommend a store in Jolly Old England that sells alarm clocks?

You are from England right?

Anyway, Your welcome Rambo!