career based skills
2009.Dec.22, 08:53 PM
career based skills
i think careers should award you a permanent skill, maybe even a passive one, once you reach a certain point. i just thought about this quickly, and its somewhat similar to a post i've made in the past, but just rethinking a few things

tommi was talking about his armor item slot idea or w/e, and i thought, hmm, what about the potential for skills (not trainin skills like we already have) that could be used in battle automatically? and some wouldnt necessarily be battle related.

for example, martial arts could have a passive skill that if your battle reaches round 80, you automatically get a critical hit (if you can land a hit). this could be attained at level 15 martial arts. similarly, military would be able to have access to more advanced military weaponry that does slightly more damage than what is available to non-military personnel. engineers can rig flash grenade so that there is a 1% chance that when they are struck they will blind an opponent for 10 rounds (reduces dexterity by 50%). or construction can ... i dont know, do something cool. they can build a house. oh, if you're in construction, when you hit level 20 your house automatically gets +5% max happiness. BAM!

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Dec.22, 08:56 PM
RE: career based skills
+7,000,000 I support this idea. Although I think it should be level 10 career.
2009.Dec.23, 12:34 AM
(2009.Dec.22 08:53 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  or construction can ... i dont know, do something cool. they can build a house.

lol
2009.Dec.23, 03:34 PM
lol, i was having trouble thinking about construction, and i meant that as a joke. then i thought about it and was like WAIT... THATS A GREAT IDEA!! Razz free improvements to a house. i think careers need PERMANENT bonuses, all these temporary bonuses seem like a huge waste of points. ok, turning career points into stats is a great use of it, but something else for attaining the realy high levels seems nice!

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Dec.23, 05:53 PM
I actually don't like the idea because then the people that already have committed to having high levels in careers for one reason or another are locked in to decisions that they have no control over.

Seems like this would be too hard to back-date considering how many people have high ranks in careers already.

For example... I'm a level 7 manufacturer because I charge belts... Say most people like the "construction" skill that comes at 10 or whatever... Someone that started that skill for a completely different reason will have a HUGE advantage because they were lucky.

I think if it was implemented in a way like the skills were - maybe it would work. But throwing it in there with people that would already automatically be given the skill really isn't fair to anyone.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Dec.23, 06:49 PM
(2009.Dec.23 05:53 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  I actually don't like the idea because then the people that already have committed to having high levels in careers for one reason or another are locked in to decisions that they have no control over.

Seems like this would be too hard to back-date considering how many people have high ranks in careers already.

For example... I'm a level 7 manufacturer because I charge belts... Say most people like the "construction" skill that comes at 10 or whatever... Someone that started that skill for a completely different reason will have a HUGE advantage because they were lucky.

I think if it was implemented in a way like the skills were - maybe it would work. But throwing it in there with people that would already automatically be given the skill really isn't fair to anyone.

Not if everyone equally is getting the same great shot of that skillfully placed shut the fuck up in there face.
2009.Dec.24, 12:53 AM
I'd like to have the abilities simply be permanent, whichever career you're currently pursuing. Annoying having to work in manufacturing once a week to charge belts and not being able to repair the hideout that day with engineering if someone shits on the hive.

I'm not sure about the permanent skill at a high lvl for the same reasons as FO... I'd be jealous as hell for getting 2 mid ranks instead of one high one.

I'd like to see them all permanent, though.
2009.Dec.24, 02:44 PM
(2009.Dec.23 05:53 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  I actually don't like the idea because then the people that already have committed to having high levels in careers for one reason or another are locked in to decisions that they have no control over.

I'm also at a disadvantage for stats if a level 70 weapon is released. If everything had to be completely fair for everyone, there would never be additions. Quit whining, and accept a new cool feature, even if it doesn't directly benefit you.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Dec.25, 10:36 AM
(2009.Dec.24 02:44 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

I'm also at a disadvantage for stats if a level 70 weapon is released. If everything had to be completely fair for everyone, there would never be additions. Quit whining, and accept a new cool feature, even if it doesn't directly benefit you.

Not whining at all, actually.

Funny quote coming from you though... if a level 70 weapon came out... You're the weakest level 41 in the game. You'll never have the stats for it - or anything for that matter! No wonder it doesn't matter to you!
This post was last modified: 2009.Dec.25 10:43 AM by NastyFO.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Dec.25, 01:40 PM
(2009.Dec.25 10:36 AM)NastyFO Wrote:  
(2009.Dec.24 02:44 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

Not whining at all, actually.

Funny quote coming from you though... if a level 70 weapon came out... You're the weakest level 41 in the game. You'll never have the stats for it - or anything for that matter! No wonder it doesn't matter to you!

Precisely. But I wouldn't complain about getting my head smashed in with said items. Even though I wouldn't be able to use them myself because of my current build, that doesn't mean that I don't think that others shouldn't be able to use them.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.