career based skills
2009.Dec.27, 10:15 AM
RE: career based skills
i think its silly to purposefully avoid doing anything to careers just because people are "committed to what they are already doing." if that is the case, then we shouldnt have local school classes, because people are already committed to skills. in fact, take careers away, people are already committed to crimes. for that matter, take housing away, people are committed to upping their endurance.

changes are important. career descriptions open the possibility for other skills and abilities within each career chain. seriously, just read the language. they just dont do a whole lot yet. and these career skills ideas arent set in stone, just an idea to get the ball rolling

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Dec.27, 05:32 PM
(2009.Dec.27 10:15 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  i think its silly to purposefully avoid doing anything to careers just because people are "committed to what they are already doing." if that is the case, then we shouldnt have local school classes, because people are already committed to skills. in fact, take careers away, people are already committed to crimes. for that matter, take housing away, people are committed to upping their endurance.

Don't be melodramatic. There's enough of that BS going on in the game already. Call Cheetah or Howl if you want to be like this.

(2009.Dec.27 10:15 AM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  changes are important. career descriptions open the possibility for other skills and abilities within each career chain. seriously, just read the language. they just dont do a whole lot yet. and these career skills ideas arent set in stone, just an idea to get the ball rolling

I agree, but not when it can negate months (or years) of work elsewhere.

Not everyone has to agree with you. When you post stuff in the forms expect rebuttals and comments that go both ways. I'm not going to change my POV and you're not going to change yours. Let it go.
This post was last modified: 2009.Dec.27 05:33 PM by NastyFO.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Dec.27, 06:04 PM
wow, do i need to call the waahmbulance? i was making a point, not being melodramatic. your point was ill-thought, as my rebuttal was an exact example of why. if you dont want to add to careers because "omg i spent so much time with the expectation of 'etcetcetc,'" then why change anything? find a better argument and i wont "whine" about it. complete nonsense.

OMG skills... take away the new local school classes b/c i dont want to have wasted all my time on skills

OMG zenith changed belt recharging, i just wasted all that training on manufacturing, give me my money back

OMG zenith changed something that i am completely used to, i am very upset about it, and i'm going to cry

i'm not asking for zenith to remove anything, just ADD, so your original strategy w/ careers will not change. dont cry because you made a poor career choice, i'm stuck with military, which is trash. just trash. but i'm trying to make an idea for ALL careers to benefit. bring your negative energy and lack of a good point elsewhere

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Dec.27, 06:24 PM
(2009.Dec.23 05:53 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  I actually don't like the idea because then the people that already have committed to having high levels in careers for one reason or another are locked in to decisions that they have no control over.

how about you go suck on a dick or something? do you even know why it took so much for Zen to add some new classes? because there were some old timers who were shiting out about the classes not being there back in their days, while not taking in consideration the fact that they already have finished all the old classes. same goes for picking a skill. get the shit out from in between your years and learn to live with your decisions if not Zen might as well add that skill reset option, and while she's at it how about she adds a free stats refresh, and all the money one spent on stims and food, that could have clearly been invested better Rolleyes
fucking moron
as a side note i do think you're right poptart. Zen needs to stop thinking about the ol' timers who "didn't have shit" back in the day and she should keep improving the game.
This post was last modified: 2009.Dec.27 06:26 PM by Lucky666.

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Dec.27, 06:44 PM
How could this negate months or years of hard work? Everything you've worked for while still be their, along with something new.
2009.Dec.27, 06:57 PM
too long, didnt read, summarize please.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Dec.27, 07:16 PM
Poptart said there needs to be another skill for careers, and the new skill should be permanent, possibly passive. Also the skill should be for rank X and up.
2009.Dec.27, 07:42 PM
thanks CF, interesting idea, should be selective, if you dont want it you dont have to have it, would prefer rank 10 minimum...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Dec.27, 11:07 PM
(2009.Dec.27 05:32 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  Not everyone has to agree with you. When you post stuff in the forms expect rebuttals and comments that go both ways. I'm not going to change my POV and you're not going to change yours. Let it go.

Congrats, douchebags... you're now worse than the women on "The View"...

You don't hear a world of what people really have to say around you.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Dec.27, 11:11 PM
why did you just quote yourself?