What do you think
2012.Feb.15, 09:56 AM
RE: What do you think
(2012.Feb.15 09:47 AM)Dingus Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.14 09:14 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.14 05:00 PM)Dingus Wrote:  So whats up again?

Oh thats right......Birds EPIC failfest 2012 style!

when are the al awards going to be this year? i think last year they where held in march on cheets boat, the dirty sluttysanchez.

June 17th

june 17th, a day that will go down in EPIC infamy

almost as good as ushanewnewba's break down in this thread
2012.Feb.15, 09:58 AM
Ush? Yeah he's nuts!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2012.Feb.15, 10:37 AM
(2012.Feb.14 07:12 PM)Jolabent Wrote:  I really think there is a huge line between people that were banned and sending one person a link. The level 1s who were banned pretty much just registered and then sent mails with a link and their reference code to players. I actually received a couple of those. Yoda, of course, as most know, built his own game and then tried to lure Zenith's player base over there. Had he succeeded, AL (which is actually Zen's business) would have lost a lot of players.

When I joined AL, it was because an entire group of players all played together on another game. The link was passed around by one person and 3 entire gangs were created, Redwings. There is now only a few of us who remain. Why did we join? We wanted to do something in the interim between our breaks in our original game. We played 2 games together for a very long time.

I think if one person, donator or not, is just going around and emailing everyone to join, this is a totally different scenario. If you just want a couple of people to come play another game with you, that you enjoy, then I don't see a huge issue with it.

Although, an alternative, would be to use MSN or email outside the game. If this was used, would it change anything? You could still refer people to that other game that you play.

so, what to you think is the difference between mailing on gang of 35 people a referral link as opposed to 35 different mails to said people, other than laziness maybe?

i'm not saying it's wrong, just playing devil's advocate here!
2012.Feb.15, 06:23 PM
well rule #7 clearly states "...Using the game as a means to grow another game's player base is advertising and against the rules."

sending a referral link clearly implies the intention of growing another games player base. im sure the intentions were good, but rules are rules and they are there for a reason...

not saying anyone should be fed jail'd, but an acknowledgement of wrong-doing would be nice.

Wu tang
2012.Feb.15, 06:47 PM
How long ago did he send out the mail?
2012.Feb.15, 06:55 PM
(2012.Feb.15 06:47 PM)Joshiwa Wrote:  How long ago did he send out the mail?

as ushanewnewba said herself, hours prior to leaving habitat.

i'm far from a smart dude, i will admit (though i do know the difference between 'steak' and 'stake'), but it sounds like he was looking for some referrals to me.

discuss.
2012.Feb.15, 07:05 PM
fight fight fight fight!!!!!

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2012.Feb.15, 07:10 PM
(2012.Feb.14 03:53 PM)BlackClouds Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.14 03:40 PM)Ushanewnewba Wrote:  Seems silly to bring up what your sex is. I choose to think of your AL user sex to be male.

anyway.

Seriously, I need names of all those banned for advertising. I'm interested in your point bro, just need you to provide a little evidence.

Yoda was probably the first to be banned for advertising. Granted, it was for his own personal gain as it was his game he was advertising.

this draws a good point. but where does 'personal gain' begin?

discuss
2012.Feb.15, 07:35 PM
referral bonus is a personal gain.

Wu tang
2012.Feb.15, 07:42 PM
(2012.Feb.15 07:35 PM)HeadBustin Wrote:  referral bonus is a personal gain.

Rolleyes all this fucking noise and not one hosp.

ush go back to hab and i bet the issue will die. just sayin...

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.