user list
2011.Apr.26, 07:56 PM
RE: user list
(2011.Apr.26 07:01 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  
(2011.Apr.25 08:24 PM)durtywhite Wrote:  i use the samsung epic 4G with sprint,awesome phone for play or anything else you do

How much faster is 4g for you?

My droid X currently takes about 4 seconds to load each page with a crappy signal and 1-2 with a good to great signal.

I figure it would be pretty much instant, but I could be wrong

In my honest opinion 4g blows. It is super fast like you said almost instantaneous but it works more like WiFi you turn it on it scans your area blah blah blah. And because of that it will drop signal in a heartbeat. And then to be able to access the web again you either hope it picks the signal back up or you turn 4g off then wait for your phone to reconnect to its standard mobile browser. Which granted it doesn't take that long. but while its doing all that dumb shit I could load 20 more pages on my standard speed and not have to deal with the headache

There's also a chance that that could be because my carrier is Sprint.

Edit: because t9 is gay
This post was last modified: 2011.Apr.26 07:58 PM by RestEcho.
2011.Apr.26, 08:09 PM
4g is a load of shit. it's not even close to what 4g was officially defined as. sure it's faster than 3, but it's more like 3.3 or so

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2011.Apr.27, 09:56 AM
(2011.Apr.26 08:09 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  4g is a load of shit. it's not even close to what 4g was officially defined as. sure it's faster than 3, but it's more like 3.3 or so

4G is no BS. Sprint's network is the problem for the 4G phones they carry. The 4G they use is called WiMax which is just a collection of WiFi hotspots to give faster internet speeds. The 4G that will really make the difference is called LTE (Long Term Evolution) and will allow for up to 10xs faster speeds than a 3G phone continually. Verizon launched about 4 cities with LTE yesterday and plan to have nearly 100 cities by the end of 2011. AT&T is also using this technology and is trying to acquire T-Mobile to help expand its 4G network. U.S. Cellular (who I work for) is testing it in Wisconsin at the moment.

Sprint will eventually transition to LTE but they wanted to be the first company to say they had a 4G network so they jumped with WiMax last summer. T-Mobile actually has a glorified 3G network that they call 4G. All they do is boost the data transmission from the towers they own and then call it 4G when in reality they have done nothing to upgrade the network they have with 4G towers or equipment. T-Mobile actually has what is considered a 3G+ network, but when they saw Sprint gain customers with 4G and they were losing customers they started saying 4G as well.

You've now been educated...*yawn*
This post was last modified: 2011.Apr.27 09:57 AM by Joshiwa.
2011.Apr.27, 01:42 PM
(2011.Apr.06 02:40 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  More and more of us play from mobiles, what are the chances of moving the list to the main menu? Something so important is pretty buried

it's on zeniths to-do list, right after catching bin laden, curing aids, and fixing the playstation network. that last one may take awhile..

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2011.Apr.27, 05:30 PM
(2011.Apr.27 01:42 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  
(2011.Apr.06 02:40 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  More and more of us play from mobiles, what are the chances of moving the list to the main menu? Something so important is pretty buried

it's on zeniths to-do list, right after catching bin laden, curing aids, and fixing the playstation network. that last one may take awhile..

you also forgot that she is planning a trip to mars. will have an impact on al.....

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2011.Apr.27, 05:51 PM
fair point. basically, dont expect anything to actually be added for any reason, unless it's a hack-prevention technique. look at the past year's worth of newspaper updates if you need further proof

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2011.Apr.27, 07:13 PM
(2011.Apr.27 09:56 AM)Joshiwa Wrote:  
(2011.Apr.26 08:09 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  4g is a load of shit. it's not even close to what 4g was officially defined as. sure it's faster than 3, but it's more like 3.3 or so

4G is no BS. Sprint's network is the problem for the 4G phones they carry. The 4G they use is called WiMax which is just a collection of WiFi hotspots to give faster internet speeds. The 4G that will really make the difference is called LTE (Long Term Evolution) and will allow for up to 10xs faster speeds than a 3G phone continually. Verizon launched about 4 cities with LTE yesterday and plan to have nearly 100 cities by the end of 2011. AT&T is also using this technology and is trying to acquire T-Mobile to help expand its 4G network. U.S. Cellular (who I work for) is testing it in Wisconsin at the moment.

Sprint will eventually transition to LTE but they wanted to be the first company to say they had a 4G network so they jumped with WiMax last summer. T-Mobile actually has a glorified 3G network that they call 4G. All they do is boost the data transmission from the towers they own and then call it 4G when in reality they have done nothing to upgrade the network they have with 4G towers or equipment. T-Mobile actually has what is considered a 3G+ network, but when they saw Sprint gain customers with 4G and they were losing customers they started saying 4G as well.

You've now been educated...*yawn*

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wire...rk-670603/

Hurray for VZW's 4G network. Nice information too.

That's what she said