gang war points
2009.Jul.29, 09:11 PM
RE: gang war points
(2009.Jul.29 06:05 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  in this case, i was getting points no matter what the cost. i think pun and company knew that too.

still would like to know if they dropped into negative points....
This kid is a great war mongor. He is one of the best in the game hands down.

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2009.Jul.30, 08:25 AM
yeah we got a few points and im not whining...this works all ways, i was just throwing this out there to see how everyone else felt about full points being awarded for someone in serious condition...the mob has spoken

nice work bird....next time we war you guys ill make sure those players that you got for 10 are on and can give you a run for your money Wink

doh
2009.Jul.30, 04:15 PM
personally, i didn't view this as a whine thread. what i did think was amusing was that i'm sure your gang has gained thousands of gang points in similar fashion. you couldn't have gotten to where you guys are without. the fact of the matter is that you guys (sv as a gang) are more subject to the lump sum pvp losses more than any other gang in the game because of the numerous strong individual players you house. it can't ALWAYS be good to be king.
as far as the player i was scoring 10 off of, you know as well as i do that i'm not above either going down the ladder to get any points or trying someone up a rung or two just to try and hit a bull's-eye. it seems like i've trained forever (errr, um... bought my stats forever) in order to make anyone in your gang touchable for me, you best be sure i'm gonna try and get anything i can off you.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Jul.30, 05:47 PM
I respect anyone who goes all out in pvp, being it trying higher levels, etc. For that (a higher level) you def deserve the points.

What I don't agree with, is that someone I can easily beat, gives me 1 pt in a gang battle, takes the dive (mugs or leaves me), stims and nimbuses up, and then can hit me in serious, and get 10 points. (Duh if I'm online I would nimbus myself so that doesn't happen, but we all have to go offline sometime, so that leaves you a sitting duck.)

10 points should only be for hitting someone that is a CLOSE battle to begin with (Yes, a player recently took the dive, and got 10 for me, but it still wasn't a CLOSE fight, they barely won with me in serious, so why 10 points? bc they paid for it1?), and should be the reward of , you winning.

Props, I guess, to spending a fortune on travelling, stims for taking the dive, and nimbus to hit again, but I agree with the formula for normal pvp, less exp if they aren't healthy, so less gang points if they aren't healthy, plain and simple.
2009.Jul.30, 05:51 PM
(2009.Jul.30 05:47 PM)cheetah Wrote:  10 points should only be for hitting someone that is a CLOSE battle to begin with (Yes, a player recently took the dive, and got 10 for me, but it still wasn't a CLOSE fight, they barely won with me in serious, so why 10 points? bc they paid for it1?), and should be the reward of , you winning.

*They get 10 points for having the balls to go after a higher player.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.30 05:53 PM by SisterLynx.
2009.Jul.30, 05:58 PM
It's not balls to hit someone in serious, it's the ability to overspend to take the dive first. But if you get 10 points off someone in serious you can't normally beat, in regular pvp, you should get full exp for someone in fair, just pick a side, and make it fair.

And that's why I generally just do leaves on most of you when we war Val, nobody there is worth any points to me.

Yes, if you can beat a higher level in healthy, 10 points for you, and well deserved.

You're just not getting the point here. Do I need to start over?
2009.Jul.30, 06:04 PM
cheetah, i WAS barely winning with him in serious. there is a fine line to straddle (between 3, 5 and 10 gps) and, during that particular war, i was able to straddle it. it's just taking advantage of a situation. and, for once, i really wasn't targeting the 10 pointer. the first hit, i asked howl to soften him up. the other time i took the dive and healed. there is always gonna be people offline that can't defend themselves, they are still part of the gang and should be worth as much as someone online.

2009.Jul.30, 06:13 PM
lol, you were a gang battling monger, I'll give you that, but I'm not talking about you, I seriously doubt you could take me in serious!
2009.Jul.30, 06:20 PM
maybe near death.

2009.Jul.30, 06:48 PM
(2009.Jul.30 05:58 PM)cheetah Wrote:  It's not balls to hit someone in serious, it's the ability to overspend to take the dive first. But if you get 10 points off someone in serious you can't normally beat, in regular pvp, you should get full exp for someone in fair, just pick a side, and make it fair.

I don't see how what you just stated should be any different for a higher lvl person who is still lower lvl than you are than what you just stated... I guess what you're saying is Its ok if other people do it to other people but NOT ok if they do it to you?

And i dunno about you but I do get full exp if someone is in good or close to full exp that it makes almost no difference.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl