AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New Weapons!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Zhuy..You really make yourself look like an idiot enough in your posts, so I will not further belittle you.

Advice: Read your own words. You got it down, but you completely blew it over. The point of the matter, that is.

ZhuSeth

Incredible, please tell me you're just pretending to be stupid.

I said it again and again.
To be able to use a weapon is one thing, to win a fight is another.

To win a fight you need endurance for reasons that can be find above.

To weild a weapon you don't need endurance, you don't need stamina to hold a shotgun or rifle for example.

Just how in the name of all saints can I make more simple?

edit:
@Tommy

No, I made no mistake. You are the one who should read more carefully.
Check again your own post to understand what endurance is and at what it is needed.

Although if you really think I'm wrong, please point my mistake.
Hmm. I think that end factors in like this..lets take a sword for example. You need str. and such to be able to lift it.. etc....But what happens after you swing the sword a couple times. You will need end to be able to keep using it. Now I agree with in the sense that you do not need end to actually hold the weapon, but to use it you do.

ZhuSeth

Did you swing at leat once? Then it means you used it, right?
You weilded it.
The fact that it was for a very short time it's another thing. Because you lacked endurance you used it for a couple of swings only, but you still used it.

This is what I'm talking about. The difference between being able to use a weapon and how long and efficiently you can use it in a fight.
Okay...You're not pretend, which makes it bad..

I want you to do something in real life. Go grab up a sledge hammer. Swing it 20-50 times.

When you come back, tell me if your a little tired, a good bit tired, or if you're straight wore out. Then, I'll tell you if you have good endurance or not.

If you still haven't caught on to why endurance is needed to swing a sword or an axe, or even to shoot a shotgun for extended periods of time, then I will not further try to explain it. Fists are weapons as much as a blade or a gun. Endurance applies in all worlds.
I think the problem here is people are arguing two different things.

Zhuy's side is it doesn't take endurance to equip or "carry" a weapon, which is, for the most part, true.

Tommi's side is that you need endurance to properly use the item in a fight, which is also true.

I believe the endurance requirements (just like the Intelligence requirements) on weapons are there as a factor in actually using them.

Zen has coded it such that if you couldn't use it in a fight effectively you can't even equip it. I can see Zhuy's side. Just because I can't swing a broadsword doesn't mean I can't carry it around. I think the end/int requirements on weapons are also a measure of how effectively you can use it in combat. If you can't use it, there's no point in letting you equip it.

ZhuSeth

Amazing. I'm actually shocked that after 2 pages of this you still didn't get it. It really is amazing.

Tommy, even if I swing that hammer once, it means I used it, it means I can weilded.
The fact that I can use it for only a minute has nothing to do with the fact that I CAN use it.

Don't you get it.
To use a weapon you don't need endurance.
To use a weapon for a longer time is where endurance kicks in.

Read again your OWN post. Endurance is needed so you won't get tired USING the weapon not to be able to use it.
If that's the case, then that person is still pretty wrong..Carrying a heavy item, like a cinder block, BATTLE AXE, long sword, or even a shotgun can wear on ya.
Holy crap. Go home. Sleep on it, Zhuy. We're not here to parade pretty things around. We're not building our endurance to hold the items we want. We're here to use them. To beat the breaks off of folks with our work.

Whatever game you're playing? Go back to playing it. This isn't Fluffy Kitten Bonanza! we're playing here.

ZhuSeth

I give up, teaching a 12 years old is easier. Talking from experience.

And Tommy still didn't get it.

I gues it's true. You can fight an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
You aren't teaching someone something if they already know what you're saying. It's just you're not thinking. Not using your brain. We, again, are not here to hold our weapons high and show everyone the 'Behemoth' brand name. We're here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's