AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: new security feature??????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TommiTheTaco Wrote:You need to let Zenith clear that up.

Or do like I did and try it real quick. The night it came out, I took my laptop up to the house server, logged in on the server and clicked around AL. Then when I clicked on my laptop again, I had been logged out and had to log back in, and vice-versa.

Simple enough and the only people who could be 'negatively' impacted are cell users that rapidly switch back and forth (i.e. smoke breaks) and anyone that was using 2 pc's instead of multiple tabs/browsers during wars.
That'll do, then. No need to blow up.
So does this mean I can be on AL with 2 cpus at the same time?

Razz
Dingus Wrote:So does this mean I can be on AL with 2 cpus at the same time?

Razz

Not anymore... The days of the 4 screen, 2 cpu, 4 tabs open in each browser window with 4 browsers tiled on each screen command center are over....

Not that I did that... often. Biggrin

It is much harder to manage with only 2 screens, much less on just the laptop with only 1.

Marlo

Seriously?!?!?!?!

2 seperate computers and the two screens on each?

How have I survived with just a Laptop and a Touch for so long?!?!?!?!?!

ZhuSeth

What's the fuss about, it was allready announced.

09.January.12 - Removed all players on the career rankings list in the Pantheon that had a rating below 0. Split contest information out from the "Recent Activity" section in the Pantheon of Infamy to it's own "Contest" section. Added the latest level achievements for players level 5 or above to "Recent Activity". Also added the latest gang player additions to the same section. Logging into AL has changed slightly. If you log in from another location such as a phone or alternate computer, your currently logged in sessions will be logged out for security.

Obviously when you return to the former location you'll find out you were disconected.
So does this mean we cant long on with two cpus at the same time?
Dingus Wrote:So does this mean we cant long on with two cpus at the same time?

Duh Dingus, of course you can, just not from work, home and on vacation at the same time.
But i just tried and it didn't work!

Marlo

I think if you are vacationing over 300 miles away from your home, you are able to log in simultaneously from your home PC, your portable Laptop (which must remain within a 75 mile proximity of your home) & your mobile internet phone.

However, in order for this to work properly, you have to be in all three places at once.

Omnipresence'd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's