AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Game Advertising Banners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
lol..i like the cow one better Preacher
It's a moose
[Image: rbwjuq.jpg]

dombone76

Gornikel Wrote:I may be different from you all, but I'm just trying to think of stuff I'd myself click on

So here it goes again

[Image: rgzg1x.jpg]

reeeeeally, preach?? what would compel you to click on this banner??

i am really not trying to clown, but bring to light the psychology of what captivates a person's curiousity with enough strength to actually bring about action... so that others might incorporate that logic into their designs.

so really, why would you click on this???

i like the cow better also... but if i were checking notifications on facebook and saw either banner off to the side, neither would cause me to click on them or even stimulate any thoughts at all.

on the other hand, johnny's flasshing guns would be a TERRIBLE distraction for me... regardless of what i was in the middle of. if i were in a hurry and had no time to satifsy my curiousity when i initially came in contact with them i might not be moved enough to click and explore THEN... but i would definitely be TEMPTED to risk being on the late freight by at least 30 seconds or so in order to AT LEAST see what an awakenedland IS... and if my willpower and focus were on point enough for me to resist the temptation FOR THE MOMENT, i would surely make a mental note to check it out later and the very next time it popped up when i was NOT pressed for time i would be like, "ooooh... there is that banner again! lemme see whats going on here...."

the flashes would be an attention grabber and a HUGE distraction EVERY time the banner popped up.
Well DOMB, it all depends on the individual.

I've seen tons of adds, just like most of you, and most of those with guns and nice graphics do not make me click them, as I tend to anticipate what it will be.

However, humor, or something totally unlinked to anything in particular, often makes me look further by curiosity.

For example I'd be like:

"Hum yeah... Bacon... A bacon site? Make your own bacon avatar? ..." and so on, and I'd click wihout even realizing it.

The moose, I know I'm not the only adult that likes hunting and fishing 'round here, and I'd also give it a go.

Sometimes, the stuff we think is totally beside the track is the one we stop to think about.
[Image: albanner4ps4.jpg]

idk about you guys but id click that 99.9% of the time
[Image: futurecitydowntowncopyst5.jpg]
[Image: futurecitydowntowncopycr9.jpg]

redz28

uuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm,,,,bacon......hell yeah preach

dombone76

JaySin Wrote:[Image: albanner4ps4.jpg]

idk about you guys but id click that 99.9% of the time

lol lol lol lol

omg... dude... thaaaaaaaaaaaaat is hilarious jay lol

i would TOTALLY click that!!!

dombone76

Gornikel Wrote:Well DOMB, it all depends on the individual.

However, humor, or something totally unlinked to anything in particular, often makes me look further by curiosity.

For example I'd be like:

"Hum yeah... Bacon... A bacon site? Make your own bacon avatar? ..." and so on, and I'd click wihout even realizing it.

haaaaah.... i didnt even realize that was bacon on that banner and got a GOOD laugh when you pointed it out lol

you raise a very valid point, preacher. the confusion of it all would probably cause alot of people that would normally not be currently involved in gaming or particularly LOOKING for a gaming site. this could be a positive and a negative in that it MAY generate a few noobs to the gaming community that are new to gaming as a whole, but i don't think it would be enough to offfset the costs of all those clicks of nongamers.

as gamers, we are a particular breed of obsessive personalities lol. so imo, there would be a higher ratio of active noobs:click simply because everyone that clicks on the banner is open to gaming and looking for a new obsession.

i came to this game because i am an avid shadowrun fan and was DESPERATELY seeking a way to satisfy my craving to be consumed by that passion again. i believe i had done a search and was browsing forums, perhaps on fasa, where someone mentioned this game as the best thing to do in the mean time and in between time while fasa gets their frag together enough to put out another shadowrun game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Reference URL's