AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: upgrade your house without buying a new one.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just had this random thought. What if you could upgrade your house without buying a new one. Say you buy a pool for your house. It says how much of a happiness increase it will be, or a increase in the rate at which your happiness fills up. It would work similar to the school. So much energy to ether work on it yourself or deal with the contractor. If you did it yourself it would cost less but take more time.If you hire a contractor it would cost more but would be built faster. Here's some of the things I thought we could upgrade the houses with. Decorate the the house, add a pool, expand the house, add a porch, change the acct into a room. With every house you could only do some many things. Like with the box you can't upgrade, the next house you can add a pool so and so forth. Also with each add on the resell value would increase. Also with every better house you get the cost for these renovations would increase but so would the effect they would make.

Marlo

Good idea.
that would be great! :wink:
I believe thats been suggested b4
it has, but i maintain that it's a decent idea. only make sure that the upgrades are minimal, so that buying a new house is still the better idea. so buying all your upgrades wont give you more happiness than the next house for cheaper, etc.

although, it could still work if you when you buy your new house, you lose those upgrades (they dont sell back for the same price, but they do increase the value of your home). it would make sense, and it would be more reasonable for zenny and err to implement, i think.

psheehan78

I wouldn't worry about contractors and whatnot but I like the idea of upgrades. Once you get up to the 10mils house and higher, it seems a little overwhelming to save up long enough to get the next, more expensive one. The only way to move up is to donate a bunch of money. If I could slowly increase the value of my current house with additions to, say 12-13 mils, it would really soften the blow of the eventual donation to get a bigger house. Basically it would give someone a chance to invest their money somewhere where it won't be touched until they're ready to buy a bigger house, meanwhile adding a small happiness bonus along the way.

unpredictabletex

i like the idea. they do that in torn city
Could I upgrade my newly purchased cave?
abysmalpoptart Wrote:it has, but i maintain that it's a decent idea. only make sure that the upgrades are minimal, so that buying a new house is still the better idea. so buying all your upgrades wont give you more happiness than the next house for cheaper, etc.

although, it could still work if you when you buy your new house, you lose those upgrades (they dont sell back for the same price, but they do increase the value of your home). it would make sense, and it would be more reasonable for zenny and err to implement, i think.

Like in real life, if you make a good addition to your housing, the value(and tax of property) goes up to meet the cost of what it would be. The opposite happens for bad additions to your housing.

I happen to like the idea. I just thought I would add that. A bit of information to chew on.

shadowinc

i want a hot tube and a 80 inch screen tv with a built in bar
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's