AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: upgrade your house without buying a new one.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i like that idea!!

heres an example, but just keeping in mind the idea, numbers arent up to us

buy an addition for your house - $500,000 (if u have the midlan villa or something) - adds 50 happiness, and increases your purchasing power by $400,000 (slight loss, maybe that wouldnt need to be added?)

or

add a bunch of wax clowns for your front yard - YOU love em - +75 happiness for $250,000, but decreases your purchasing power by $1,000,000, as nobody wants to buy your house now

pwned!!

psheehan78

I think it should just be straight forward. The amount you pay is the amount your house goes up in value.

In a 10 mil house

Put in a big pool: 100k House value 10.1 mil +10 happiness
Renovate interior: 100k House value 10.1 mil +10 Happiness
Add another garage: 50k House value 10.05 mil +5 happiness
Put on a small addition: 100k House value 10.1 mil +10 happiness
Put on a big addition: 250k House value 10.25 mil +25 happiness
Add another level: 500k House value 10.5 mil +50 happiness
Add them all: 1.1 mil House value 11.1 mil +110 happiness

Knock down all of poptart's wax clowns: priceless
psheehan78 Wrote:I think it should just be straight forward. The amount you pay is the amount your house goes up in value.

In a 10 mil house

Like it.

Love it.
psheehan78 Wrote:I think it should just be straight forward. The amount you pay is the amount your house goes up in value.

In a 10 mil house

Best version I have seen so far.

strt182

I kinda like the idea of dealing with contractors as they could rip you off. Its a chance you take just like in todays world. I have recently added 1130+ sq. feet to my real house ,not nearly done yet but all framed in and weather tight. I have 20k in it and a bit of beer and good help from family , one year time. 50kl is what the contractors wanted.
if we can have upgrades it will make it look like we didnt spend much when we actually did and made it to the house we tried to get bu tspent the money on something else

psheehan78

I'm pretty sure that makes no sense
It means you spend a quantity of money on the little stuff to boost the value on your house rather than saved up the old fashion way to buy a brand new house..

psheehan78

Huh?
Not trying to be an arse but I still don't get it.

I get what you're saying TTT, that's what this whole thread is about.

I don't get what drec is saying about how buying an upgrade would make it appear that you haven't spent much when you actually have.

If you pay 100k, your house is worth 100k more and you're 1% happier (assuming the 10 mil house). To whom would it appear that you didn't spend much money?
Dunno..Money is money is money, no matter where you find it..If it's going towards something, it's going to make that thing that much sweeter..Any 1 penny is that much more closer towards your ultimate goal.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's