AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: when did 6/8 ever equal 2/3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Weathers Wrote:Soooooooo not metalcore, just straight up metal.
They are groove metal but they do have some hardcore elements.
Canosoup Wrote:
Weathers Wrote:Soooooooo not metalcore, just straight up metal.
They are groove metal but they do have some hardcore elements.

I tend to think of hardcore/metalcore as predominantly clean verse, cookie monster chorus with uber predictable breakdowns, but there are so many subgenres now who knows anyway.
I shall dub them lambofgodcore.

duhruffy

yes, definitely stress the decent... it kinda pissed me off when they played after Mastodon.
Weathers Wrote:I tend to think of hardcore/metalcore as predominantly clean verse, cookie monster chorus with uber predictable breakdowns, but there are so many subgenres now who knows anyway.
I shall dub them lambofgodcore.

Killswitch is a good example of a metalcore band with the cliche breakdowns and junk.
I would call LoG, Groovecore.

buuddha

i know who Lamb of God is.

BurnThePriestesses?

buuddha

i call lamb of god run-around-in-circles-like-a-maniac-and-light-people-up-core.
I call it all crap!

LordSkie

groovecore, hardcore, groovecore, mathcore, sludge/doom/dark/death/thrash/black/heavy/speed metal etc etc...

What is it with the need to have a million classifications? If a single band comes out that sounds slightly different to the rest- suddenly it's another branch of music again!

That being said, I like LoG a lot. One of the few modern bands that succeed in having a decent, well produced sound Biggrin
klaw16 Wrote:I call it all drek!
Now, now. People are open to their likes and dislikes.
That and metal heads will destroy you. Biggrin
andyscho Wrote:Vahalla, gang or girls? discuss

lol
back on topic :wink:
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's